What's new

Zelda Master Quest - all discussion here please

My95ZR2

Master Quest (Again)

I know, I know, there have already been several threads on this game. But this one is different. I'm wondering if anyone has made an entry in the Project 64 Database? I tryed to enter it, but I have exactly NO CLUE how to do it. I also want to add cheats (I'm extremely lazy...).

I'm so happy about this game being emulated :) . My friend has been giving me a hard time "I can play Master Quest and YOU CAN'T HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA" :getlost: Can't wait to grab a few screen shots to show him :happy:

Adam

Last edited:

Clements

Use my altered one:

EDIT by Smiff Thanks Clements, i haven't checked this RDB, I hope the only change was to add the correct settings for Zelda Master Quest? To recap, they should be:

[1D4136F3-AF63EEA9-C:45]
Good Name=Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time Master Quest (?) [name assumed - game not in GoodN64!]
Internal Name=ZELDA MASTER QUEST
RDRAM Size=4
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=First Save Type
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Check Memory Advance
Reg Cache=Yes
Use TLB=No
Use Large Buffer=No
Linking=Global
Status=Compatible
Core Note=(see GameFAQ)*
Plugin Note=[video] (see GameFAQ)
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Clear Frame=0
Self Texture=1
Primary Frame Buffer=0
Resolution Width=-1
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=1

*this is a reference to an entry that does not yet exist in the GameFAQ. When i update it it will explain how to activate the cheat codes to fix the subscreen delay. For now please refer to this thread.

Below is Clements' original attachment.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
M

My95ZR2

I noticed something odd... Its like this verson I have is a 1/2 port to the GC. Anyone else notice anything odd?

(instead of "Z" and "R", its "L" and "R"; Also: the button colors don't look right...maybe I haven't played Zelda in a while, though... :doh: )

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
They look like way because the game is supposed to be the GC version. But actually the buttons are mapped as in the N64 version. I don't really know what does that mean (the rom was modified?)

Vegeta

Zelda OoT Master Quest sun glitch?

Is there a way to fix this?

I'm using Jabo's D3D6 1.5 plugin.

mozzer999

Spunky Monkey
And, why does it return to a previous screen background when you press start, it really slows the game up. Odd...

Oh yeah. First post, long time reader, to lazy to register.

PJ64 rocks, great work.

Clements

Enable Emulate Primary to sort this problem. Change the counter factor to 1 to half the time it takes to load up.

OP
M

My95ZR2

I think I found another mistake... I was running 2 PJ64s side by side, almost in sync, and I noticed this:

(Left: Master Quest has no lens glare Right: OoT has a lens glare)

I know the GC can handle this, so why was it left out??? Probably some programmer was up ~72 hours and figured no one would miss it. :baaa:

Adam

alexa999

Banned
URA Zelda (Not asking for the rom.)

I need some help, i got the URA Zelda Rom but PJ64 Says its a bad rom even though it works perfectly.

:geek: :cry: :pj64:

OP
M

My95ZR2

Clements said:
The one on the left looks like night time. Was it? If so, then no lens flare will occur.

Nope, I started both emulators at the same time, and with a little bit of work with pausing, I got them to where they were only ~2 second difference between them. There is no lens glare on any of the entrances in the opening loop; Lemme rephrase that a little better. Everytime the opening loop camera goes to the entrance of the Forest, there is no lens glare. I watched it loop for ~15 minutes, and saw no lens glare...

Adam

EDIT:
I did what Smiff said below \/ and it did turn on the lens flare...I can't wait till Smiff gets his new RDB up! :pj64:

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
My95ZR2,
turn on Emulate Clear. It should work the same as OoT.

Last edited:

Vegeta

I still have the sun glitch with emulate clear. I even restarted the emulator after changing the settings :plain:

Got any other ideas on how to fix this problem.

Lens flare works perfectly fine but the sun is still chopped up :(

Smiff

Emutalk Member
yeah no im investigating that. don't think its fixable unfortunately.

edit: yeah its not, youll have to use a different plugin (or ignore it). sorry.

Last edited:

SaGe

Wind Waker

err....
is it possible to make a rom for wind waker coz i really want to play that.:n64:

Clements

The Wind Waker was never originally an N64 game, so it can't be played using an N64 emulator.