What's new

Zelda 64 project: Unicorn Fountain and Triforce

Janet Merai

TLOZ: Unicorns Lair Artist
Read below for the game information

Unfortunately, the main programmer has left the project and cannot be done without programmers.
If anyone is a programmer, please contact me at janetmerai[at]hotmail[dot]com.

Official Title:
The Legend of Zelda: The Unicorns Lair

Story:
Years have passed since Link was turned back into a kid and returned the Master Sword to its resting place behind the Door of Time with the help of Zelda after eliminating the threat of Ganondorf’s evil ways.
Within Zora’s Domain, the blocked entrance residing under-water for so long leading to the Unicorn’s Lair has withered away after so many years; this unstability has drained Zora’s Domain of its water ruthlessly eliminating any chance of the Zora’s surviving in peace.
Take the role of Link as you begin your adventure in his very room and begin your search for something so mysterious that you need to believe it to see it.
With dozens of abilities, recycled items, traps, puzzles and so much more makes this Zelda game a must have!
Explore dozens of maps, a rich side-storyline and cutting edge graphics, this new fan-made Zelda title will surely have you coming back with replay value as well!
Complete with the options to have a resolution fit for your computer, its easy for anyone to play.

Story note: This idea may be entirely different or the same as Nintendo planned the beta screenshots to be. I and my girlfriend have no clue and the Nintendo staff was unable to release information to me without permission, so if Nintendo releases a complete Zelda game with the Unicorn Fountain later in the future remember this game is just an idea based on screenshots. This title in no way endorses what Nintendo planned, unless we miraculously nailed Nintendo’s idea of the screenshots.

Setting:
The Legend of Zelda: The Unicorn’s Lair is set years later after Ganondorf’s defeat, Link has grown up and the Zora’s have also grown a bit.

Programmers: None, some are needed
Artist: Janet Merai

Idea Background:
This idea started once I visited emutalk.com and found high resolution textures for my favorite Nintendo 64 game, Zelda 64. I looked around and was inspired to look at beta pictures again, and I just decided to go with the heck of it and asked my girlfriend Sona if she wanted to help me make a game based on a certain area taken out of The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time and it evolved from that question and idea!

Original game:
The Legend of Zelda: The Unicorn’s Lair, is entirely based on The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. If you haven’t played The Ocarina of Time, it is highly suggested you play it before even looking at this. Without Ocarina of Time, this game wouldn’t even exist!

A team needs to be formed

Featured inside the game:
Original Nintendo 64 bit graphics for fans who would love to see it in its native form
Lower resolution for computers who cannot survive a million polygons (lower than 64 bit)
Minor high resolution for those who can take a good amount of polygons
Medium resolution for those who can take a lot more than a minor resolution
High definition resolution for those who can meet today’s modern requirement
New abilities, skills, magic and returned original favorites
New items, equipment and returned original favorites
Everything from Ocarina of Time will be put in, mostly
New enemies and unique ways of attacking
More difficult puzzles to solve, sometimes too hard!
A storyline that goes along with the story of Ocarina of Time
Differently textured original shields to avoid religions (shields in oot had Muslim images)
Remixed, returned and some original music
New non player characters
Navi has returned! (Navi is able to be turned on or off before the game starts, we know how annoying she is to you gamers )
Z-targeting, more than one enemy too!
New combo system; also in conjunction with Z-tergeting!
That’s not even everything on the secret list I have

The release date is unknown, but I will inform you of updates than percentages

From now on read "To do", it will tell you status updates on what we are doing!
-
To do: (as of 11/5/2006)
Continue rigging Adult Link and search for programmers as well as artists
Also, find the Unicorn fountain scene and rip the room model from it
-

NOTE: This game is not an official title by Nintendo nor are we going for profit.
This is a fan-made game intended for two game developers to get a chance in the gaming industry for future game development.
Nintendo owns all copyrights of everything Nintendo related including Zelda, but not limited to the content we create for this fan-game.
We do not claim any copyright to this game other than the content we create that Nintendo hasn’t

Lastly, we would love to hear your input or questions about this game!
Every little question, feedback and concern makes the game even better for everyone!

Do not:
-
Ask when the game will be done
Ask for demo's
..more later
-

We are accepting:
-
Texture artists - Open
3D modelers - Open
Programmers - Open
Zelda fans for story-line and game-play contradictions (you must know Zelda 64 very well - Open -)
-

Last edited:
OP
J

Janet Merai

Update: Here is a picture I did for the development of this short game :)

I love to show my work, so here it is!
This is in its early EARLY stages of development, I hope this make the Unicorn Fountain a game reality!

PLEASE give me your thoughts, ideas and if you have been involved with Nintendo's speculation on this area in this game! :D

Also, feel free to give me critique or even ideas :D

I have attached a concept idea of what the Unicorns will look like.

Link will be discussed between the original Zelda 64 look or his new Twilight Princess look to keep originality.

Bear in mind, this is the concept stage, nothing has hit programming or even 3D modeling yet :p

If ANYONE wants to contribute, please feel free to contact me at:

"janetmerai[at]hotmail.com" on MSN Messenger :)

Update: My girlfriend has made two versions of the Unicorn Fountain, and they are attached :)

Room designs are being made by me, my girlfriend is making 3D models :D

Enjoy!

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I must say this does look like an interesting idea, how are you going to implement it - rom hack? Idea seems sound - quite good scetches... yeah go for it.

OP
J

Janet Merai

Me and my girlfriend are making it from scratch :)

She has programming skills and knows how to make games :p

So its pretty much up to us.

She said if she could learn how, she probably could.

And here are some snap-shots from the ACTUAL Zelda 64 game to let you all know where this non-modified game takes place :)

This is in Zora's Domain, under the Ice as Adult Link, and I am sure you know that infamous "sealed cave" entrance :p

Stay tuned for more :D

OP
J

Janet Merai

The first design coloration of the Entrance at its latest, for new technology, has been designed, drawn and colored by me :)

This is the entrance to the Unicorn Fountain sealed off by Nintendo!
But in the project, it will NO longer be sealed! :D

Stay tuned for more updates!

OP
J

Janet Merai

Hey again people!

I went ahead and modeled out one of the Unicorns, and I must say, it didn't turn out that bad! :)

Anyways, here are two pictures of the model :D

Stay tuned for more updates!

OP
J

Janet Merai

Zelda 64 Project: Unicorn Fountain and triforce; help needed

Hi, you probably know about the new project taking place called:

"Zelda 64 Project: Unicorn Fountain and Triforce"

The storyline, levels and designs will be secret for now.

Long ago back when Nintendo revealed in a Magazine about a strange area with Kid Link in a Fairy Fountain looking place with three Unicorn looking statues in a ritual looking formation, it did not strike many users like it does now.
The game never featured the removed Unicorn Fountain and is not obtainable at all, to every Zelda fan nationwide; unless someone miracuously finds it.
Zelda fans every-where from around the country have tried countless beta codes just to find this removed area from Zelda 64.

Roms and actual Nintendo 64 System cartridges have been scoured and hacked for any information even piecing a word about the Unicorn Fountain, but nothing was found at all, just speculation.

Sadly, the Unicorn Fountain is no more and only archived within Nintendo's storage of games from the past, only a miracle to allow us to even see this phenomenal area in action.

But now; me and my girlfriend came up with an idea to boost our chances to get into the gaming industry. I was browsing these actual forums looking for DS emulation and found hi-res texturing to my favorite Zelda game of all time.
I enjoyed it and came across the Unicorn Fountain pictures again and gained curiosity. My girlfriend is a programmer and artist, so I asked her if she wanted to collaborate and make an existing Unicorn Fountain.
She agree'd and we are both set on making the Unicorn Fountain a gaming experience for all!

With provided screenshots, I will email Nintendo for any other information regarding it, we are set to re-create one of Zelda's most historical and phenomenal areas ever to be created.

However, as much as we both WANT to make this game, a helping hand from you fans would be highly appreciated :)

We are currently looking for:

Programmers
Zelda fans who can gives us tips on what to improve to stay true to the original game
Beta Testers
Hi-res and Low-res texture artists
3D Modelers - Model ripping is a plus (models can be improved with 3D programs if taken from Zelda 64)
Assistant designers

If anything else is not mentioned and you have the skill and motivation to help us, please do so, we welcome any help that is offered.
YOU WILL BE CREDITED FOR YOUR WORK!

Please email "janetmerai[at]hotmail.com" to contact me about information on how you can help out; any emails asking when this game will be done or what it is going to be like WILL be ignored!

The storyline, design and overall game can and will change at any-time, so do not expect this game to be this way, and then turn out that way.

Thank you for listening! :)

When the game is finished, it will be released.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Janet Merai said:
Me and my girlfriend are making it from scratch :)

She has programming skills and knows how to make games :p

So its pretty much up to us.

She said if she could learn how, she probably could.

And here are some snap-shots from the ACTUAL Zelda 64 game to let you all know where this non-modified game takes place :)

This is in Zora's Domain, under the Ice as Adult Link, and I am sure you know that infamous "sealed cave" entrance :p

Stay tuned for more :D

Hehe, don't count on being able to inject your own models, even worse levels and correct scene data.

Also, that annex had never been proven to be anything more than it is, let alone entrance to the Unicorn Fountain.

Last edited:

xdaniel_FWB

Living RCP Hungup
cooliscool said:
Hehe, don't count on being able to inject your own models, let alone levels and correct scene data.

Also, that annex had never been proven to be anything more than it is, let alone entrance to the Unicorn Fountain.
While at the subject of getting data into OoT, is anything known about the actual exit data? They're not part of the object sets/are not actors as far as I know, so, if nothing's known, changing or even adding them isn't possible without more research on the room/scene format...

OP
J

Janet Merai

I've emailed Nintendo about the reasoning behind the Unicorn Fountain, I hope to get a reply soon :p

If no reply and they ignore me, i'll make something up XP

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Not gonna get a legible response from Nintendo, a little forewarning. NoA has no idea about 90% of this stuff, especially the people who read/respond to user email.

OP
J

Janet Merai

Here is a model job I did of the Unicorn Fountain :)

Its not precise or anything, but it is a ROUGH outline of what I am trying to get :p

More to come soon! :)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Looks great, keep it up - Don't care if the fountain is in Zoras domain or not its a reproduction of a beta part of the game. What do we suppose the purpose of the Unicorn Fountain is? hrm possibly an upgrade of sorts? or a new tool perhaps.

If you are successful I hope you'll continue your work reproducing other parts of the game which were removed.

OP
J

Janet Merai

That my be a good option :)

Its great for our portfolio too :D

Can you tell me what other parts were removed from the game?

OP
J

Janet Merai

This is when you access the once sealed cave within Zora's Domain :)

Picture attached.
I took a nice screenshot in a position, this isn't meant that once you walk into it in the game it will look this this.

This is just a general idea of the room.

linkcanabico

Linkcanabico
you sed 3D "Modelers - Model ripping is a plus (models can be improved with 3D programs if taken from Zelda 64)"
first of all if you want to give the feelin it belongs in OOT you suld not improve the models.
and the fountain is alredy accesible flying over the iner wall of the castle realy near from were you meat Zelda ther is also a model of the triforce used for the animation that folows since the models are loaded befor the animation starts
the trick is to Fly over the wall with the hold L to fly cheat and then fall directly on the triforce wich will drop you on the base of a room with four unicorns the game will crash if you trie to move

OP
J

Janet Merai

Can you give me screenshots on this? o_o;

And the Unicorn Fountain is in Zelda's Courtyard?

P.S.: We have plans to replicate a 64 bit version and a high resolution one too.