What's new

Writing an OpenGL N64 GFX plugin...having trouble with PJ64...

flow``

flow``
heh.. did you guys not read my post about not asking to beta test? he'll ask for testers when he needs them.

nObedienz

didnt read any post about not asking to beta test ;)
i only read positive things! lol.. :cool:
anyway, im sorry, im kinda a n00b to this forum :D

DVRipperD

Looks like the emu64 scene is rising up again with these very nice plugins. :satisfied :D

Keep up the good work!

BTW and correct me if I'm wrong,

Doesn't this plugin mean that we can use our GF cards for this, surely going to be great, plugin? :thumbsup:

nObedienz

damn...that dave2001 keeps impressing me..he's only 16 years
old and..what a future.. *whoops* wrong thread :p
anyway, i wont remove it cuz its true :innocent:
this plugin looks promising too, those early screens
looks really good!

Last edited:
OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I've worked on it a few hours today, and although most of the changes were either internal things (I rearranged alot of it so it makes more sense), or small things (viewports, scissor regions, fillrects...), I did manage to get lighting working.

Here are the results:

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Next thing to add is texturing (and a configuration dialog).

Oh, and thanks for your replies everyone. I didn't think anyone would care about my dinky little plugin. :)

Azimer: Okay. The rom browser doesn't seem to freeze when I do a release build, although it still won't kill the rendering context, or release the DC smoothly... ???

lightnight: C++, may add some assembler in for optimization later on though.

DVRipperD: Yeah, it works with GeForce cards (that's what I have).

nObedienzn: I'm very impressed by him too. I can only hope my plugin gets as good as his...

And for those of you that wanted to help test it:

decription

Looks great man. Ignore lighnight and his ignorance. I doubt he understands C/C++. I mean c'mon he tlaked about porting 1964 to xbox in open gl. He also wants to make a gamecube 'emulatore' lol. He probably doesn't even know BASIC

lightknight

i have been studying C++ on the net for about ayear now!!!
i just can't get any thing to complie under dec++ i am trying to make a gfx plugin in sdl and opengl and in glide useing daves2000 code and updateing it as i go.. along with the but i keep geting these dum errors when trying to complie the code..i am try to fix the errors!!! but it is hard in dev c++. i was thinking about the 3 of making making them into one plugin!! if i can.. that would make 1 awsome plugin!!!! so get lost decription..... i know way more about emuation than you!!! i have patch way many games in ultrahle back in 1999 when it 1st came out..that no 1 has yet to...my plugin is FOR REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sk8bloke22

roll for life
mario64 is super fast at the moment...it looks well cool the mario64 face with the white background, hehe. I guess u know wats on ur 'to do' agenda, thanks for letting ppl sample ur work though. and good luck :)

Slougi

guys stay on topic. if u wanna flame lightknight do that elsewhere. ktnx. just downloading the plugin btw ;)

DK64

look'n good, get on IRC and u can start sorting out hosting ;)

btw, where did u find ur info on the RCP?