What's new

Winamp 5 beta 1

What do you thin of the new Winamp 5 beta 1?

• I like it

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • I like it but the new skin sucks

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • 2.xx rulez

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • 3.xx rulez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't like Winamp

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • I don't use beta's

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Eagle

aka Alshain
I'm sure there will be a classic skin available. As for the pro features I havent downloaded it yet so I dont know what those are.

Eagle

aka Alshain
Yep it does have a classic skin (you can even change the current skin to classic colors), no I didnt find the "pro features" anywhere, and yep it is a resource hog. Back to winamp 2 i go.

Last edited:

mesman00

What's that...?
i've been using winamp 2 for a while now. i don't see whats wrong with it, or any reason to upgrade.

s|rens

till the end of time
Eagle said:
Yep it does have a classic skin (you can even change the current skin to classic colors), no I didnt find the "pro features" anywhere, and yep it is a resource hog. Back to winamp 2 i go.

I tried Winamp 3 a while ago and found it also to be memory hungry so i've stayed with Winamp 2 ever since...it does the job for me.

I just wanna play tunes!

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
I dont know what you guys are talking about.
winamp2 = 11000K mem usage
winamp5 = 7000K mem usage

...and winamp5 was using one of em new skins.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
aprentice said:
winamp2 uses 1200k here, i dont see how it could be using 11000k for you (thats more than 10megs).

damn...you using vanilla winamp2.91? or an older version? Mine seriously starts at 11000K

2fast4u

has quite some annoying bugs still. i liked the possibiliy of using winamp2 and 3 skins in the alpha. the beta however crashes when switching to a winamp3 skin :p could turn out to be good but so far im not impressed.

2fast4u

winamp5: 5000k. overall its way faster than winamp3.

must be the skin you are using for it, try another one, i'd reccomend mmd3 i think its called

i have that one installed. weird enough i get the same problem with *all* winamp3 skins ive got. maybe reinstalling would do the trick.

edit: nope.

Last edited:
OP
Lex

Lex

pj64er said:
damn...you using vanilla winamp2.91? or an older version? Mine seriously starts at 11000K
The memory usage depends on how many songs you've got in your playlist.
it uses 12.480k here with 370 songs in my playlist
EDIT: while playing: 8.564k and if i stop it again it uses around 12.00 again

Last edited:

2fast4u

well i withdraw all conclusions i had made about winamp5. turns out it has a habbit of freezing for 5-30 seconds from time to time for no appearant reason. and off to winamp2 i go...