What's new

Which game do you think will be the second one fully playable?

Nick_kidid0

Member since 2001
If I really want to play, I just go to a friend and play any games I want (he almost have them all)

Must be a rich fellow :p

Anyhow, as you were saying Knuckles, it is truly great to see the hard work put in by the authors and the rest of the team. It was really something of UltraHLE proportions to see Dolphin even be able to run SSBM etc. :)

Last edited:

Bomber2k

It doesn't really matter which game will be second; in fact i am thinking that when the next version is released, many games will have progressed all at once and you won't be able to tell which game '2nd' is.

jareg

Just A Guy
Bomber2k said:
It doesn't really matter which game will be second; in fact i am thinking that when the next version is released, many games will have progressed all at once and you won't be able to tell which game '2nd' is.

Actually you can there is a great speed diffrence in 3d and 2d with dolphin :)
And i dont think Dolphin could advance so much in the next release

OP
E

enb141

Knuckles said:
so far, playing on the PC is just for the pleasure of seeing the console emulated a little, see the gamecube quality games on your PC, see how hard and great worked ector, FiRES and schibo ;)

If I really want to play, I just go to a friend and play any games I want (he almost have them all)

I would like to add this too:

I love to play on my PC because I don't have to buy those extras (Memory Cards) so I can play my game and listen to the music all at the same computer, also you have the option to "Save State" the game (At least in MAME in where you can continue from the point you were before), to Load faster your games (Using Daemon Tools), playing at Highter Resolutions (N64 Emus), playing at higher Frame Rates so there's a lot of features that you cannot see in consoles so that's my reason why I preffer an emu over a console.

Knuckles

of course save states is a plus, but look, it's already big on N64 (and mostly 4 to 64MB carts) , how big do you think a GC/PS2/XBOX save stat will be ?

OP
E

enb141

Knuckles said:
of course save states is a plus, but look, it's already big on N64 (and mostly 4 to 64MB carts) , how big do you think a GC/PS2/XBOX save stat will be ?

:huh: I didn't think about it :plain:

a GC save state would be 24mb or 40mb. nintendo 64 had 4 megabytes and so were the save states ... GC has 24mb plus 16mb am i right?

no, i mean the nintendo 64 had 4 mb of system ram ... that's how emulators take save-states. it's just the dump of the system ram saved and reloaded. that's why nintendo saves are 4mb. GC will be between 24 and 40mb because the GC has 16 plus 24mb in it for a total of 40.

JinXD

SoberAnalyst said:
no, i mean the nintendo 64 had 4 mb of system ram ... that's how emulators take save-states. it's just the dump of the system ram saved and reloaded. that's why nintendo saves are 4mb. GC will be between 24 and 40mb because the GC has 16 plus 24mb in it for a total of 40.
Ah I see, here's the specs:

Main RAM: 24Mb
Graphic RAM: 16Mb

I don't know if the save state would use a dump of both the main and gfx memory. I'm guessing it would only be the main memory....

OP
E

enb141

JinXD said:
Ah I see, here's the specs:

Main RAM: 24Mb
Graphic RAM: 16Mb

I don't know if the save state would use a dump of both the main and gfx memory. I'm guessing it would only be the main memory....

Yeah that makes more sense to me too, I thought a savestate for GC could be like 300MB :plain:

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
I say they should get Super Mario Sunshine up and running, just like th n64 emus doing Mario 64 first. Or, they should get SSMB: Melee running due to it's popularity. Maybe: Star Fox Adventures (I hope cause I dont havs SSMB or SMS)

But, Pikmin 1 is kinda old, so maybe that??? (I love pikmin, but I don't have a GC)

>Neospy

jareg

Just A Guy
Neospy said:
I say they should get Super Mario Sunshine up and running, just like th n64 emus doing Mario 64 first. Or, they should get SSMB: Melee running due to it's popularity. Maybe: Star Fox Adventures (I hope cause I dont havs SSMB or SMS)

But, Pikmin 1 is kinda old, so maybe that??? (I love pikmin, but I don't have a GC)

>Neospy

I think
First 2d platform games
Then 3d games

I mean fully playable (full speed,minor glitches etc,etc)

OP
E

enb141

Neospy said:

>Neospy

Yeah I remember those days in where Nemu ran Mario 64 (back in 1998-1999) So in those days that was a miracle even when Nemu only ran mostly Mario 64 but at least you could play Mario in your PC, I'm waiting for an GameCube Emu that can play Mario Sunshine, Pikmin or Metroid probably I'm asking too much but as many PC gamers we don't wanna buy a console just to play 3 or 4 games, at least not us the poor ones

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
enb141 said:
I'm waiting for an GameCube Emu that can play Mario Sunshine, Pikmin or Metroid probably I'm asking too much but as many PC gamers we don't wanna buy a console just to play 3 or 4 games, at least not us the poor ones

Freakin' idiot :plain:

xero9009

About the GC savestates:

I noticed the majority of N64 emulators compress the savestates, so maybe Dolphin (if it ever has savestates) can compress them as well so they won't be as large...?

Anyway, no one can really tell which game will be fully playable in the next version... (Pokemon Colleseum doesn't work in the beta, but works in the Teaser right?)

bLAdEbLA

Insert clever rhetoric here.
That may be true, but in my humble opinion it's really scab to sit around waiting for the developers of an emulator to work hard, and produce a coding masterpiece, only to have people that don't even appreciate the emulated system complain that it doesn't work for them. I need a beer. :)