What's new

What was the coolest game released on the year you were born

Remote

Hmm, looks at fake id but it only makes it harder.. ;) I don't think there were any good games released in -83...

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor

well, there was PONG,

and of course PONG WITH 2 BATS ON EACH SIDE.

or were there even those then ?

Somebody might even have had something with a 'BEEP' noise in a secret development lab somewhere, who knows ?

Last edited:

Remote

Since the Famicom was released back in -83 and I guess SMB was a launch game, you -85's are all wrong, well kind of... ;)

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Orkin said:
Hmmm...I don't know much about video games in 1983 (besides that it was the year of the big video game market crash), but the coin-op Mario Bros was released that year. I never played it, so I really don't know if it was the coolest (although I had fun playing the Mario Bros clone in SMB3 on my NES).

I'll have to fall inline with Orkin here; I have no idea what else was released in 1983.

:sp_canada hehehe, Canadian :sp_canada

kazooie

Don't think electricity had been invented in 1969.
So the coolest game was probebly hula-hoops or something.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I'm having a problem deciding.. 1979, according to http://www.klov.com's list of arcade games, had:
Galaxian
Lunar Lander
Asteroids

and I'm not sure which is cooler. I would have to say, off the top of my head, Lunar Lander.
edit: changed my grammar so it doesn't suck quite as much.

Last edited:

Allnatural

karth95 said:
I'm having a problem deciding.. 1979, according to mame.dk's list of 1979 roms that mame emulates, had:
Galaxian
Lunar Lander
Asteroids

and I'm not sure which is cooler. I would have to say, on the top of my head, Lunar Lander.
Agreed. Lunar Lander is the shiznit. :)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
if you want to see what came out in a specific year, take a look at http://www.klov.com. They have a very complete list.

I dunno how good they were, but released in 1983....

Discs of Tron
Donkey Kong 3
elevator action
I, Robot
Jr. Pac Man
Krull
the original Mario Bros (not super for the NES, just mario bros.)
Pole Position II
Spy Hunter
and of course a bunch more, but I only picked the ones I've heard of. I wasn't aware of video games in 83, being 4 years old.
edit:
1986:
Alex Kidd, Darius, Gauntlett II, top gunner, others. I'd go with Alex Kidd, personally.

Last edited: