What's new

What do you want in Project64 ?

Smiff

Emutalk Member
this is OT, but i'm all for anyone cloning the Adaptoid. i'm paranoid about mine getting stepped on.

edit: but i'm not getting my hopes up...

Last edited:

Ballard

TheMessiah777 said:
I would like to see PJ64 emulate all nintendo cartridge roms..
meaning nes, snes, n64, gba sp/ds ..
That would be nice wouldn't it? 1 emulator for all nintendo titles ...yaaay

plus all the cool features ofcourse,
-lan/net play
-User friendly interface (Simplicity)
-5.1 digital sound support
-simple cheat creator system
-good/bad rom verifier/fixer

As challenging and interesting as it would be, to have an all-in-one Nintendo emulator, Nintendo would do everything in their power to shut it down. Personally I'd rather see PJ64 able to play all Nintendo 64 games *hardware accurate* before worrying about adding additional features.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
If someone wants multiple consoles in one emulator, they should just stick to MESS instead of begging emulator authors to add multiple consoles in their own creation.

Hell, if someone wants it so bad, they can just get a frontend.

Last edited:

TheMessiah777

Alright ! I was just suggesting what a cool thing it would be to have 1 emulator emulate all nintendo tittles, but obviously some poeple disagree,, but what the hell.. anyways can anyone provide me with a blueprint alteast for the Adaptoid .. and a copy of the drivers/software?... I'm really planning on cloning them and make them available again... (This should be a godsend to most peeps looking for an Adaptoid and not having to pay ridiculous amount of money for it) And for the legality issue.. i live outside the usa my laws are different.. and i will clone it but give it a bit different look and under a different name of my choosing.. Thanks

Last edited:

NoeOM

Mankind Member
Cell Shading

What about Cell Shading support in Jabo's graphic plugin? I'm not talking about hi-res textures support to load texture packs that looks like cell shaded, I'm talking about true cell or toon shading, done by the graphics plugin via DirectX or OpenGL primitives.

Is it possible / reasonable? Do you think games will look nice with this feature?

TheMessiah777

sethmcdoogle said:
The adaptoid is probably patented or at least patent-pending and cloning the device would not be legal. It's been "given over" to zt net to be able to remanufacture them.

Hell.. roms are illegal. but that doesn't stop you from downloading/using them right?? Why don't you Let me Worry about the legality issues , And let me help peeps that are in need of an adaptoid or spare adaptoid..
(anyone who could send me a pic of the insides of an adaptoid can do so at : [email protected])

Last edited:

A.I.

Banned
I dunno if this has been brought up before and appologies if it has already but ive only read (Skimmed) up to 30 pages and nearly had a brain seizure with all this tech stuff (Im a noob) but i would like to see non rumble games such as Mario Kart able to be played with rumble. I have brought this up before and was informed there was 3rd party softwear out there already. Surely one of you brainacs out there could whip something up to emulate this. Mario Kart particularly deserves this. Rumble is just as important as 'surround sound' and adds an extra dimention of interactivity.

Oh, yeah. One other thing. I know N-Rage is a third party plugin but theres one thing that really annoys me with it. It would be nice if you could enter the game's title on the config control panel. I sometimes forget which game config (Not talkn about game config file) i have loaded up when i close PJ64 and open it to play again the next day, specially if im playn lots of games with lots of configs.

Anyway, thats my 5 cents worth plus GST. :cheers:

Typify

Nolife
TheMessiah777 said:
Hell.. roms are illegal. but that doesn't stop you from downloading/using them right?? Why don't you Let me Worry about the legality issues , And let me help peeps that are in need of an adaptoid or spare adaptoid..
(anyone who could send me a pic of the insides of an adaptoid can do so at : [email protected])

ROMs are not illegal. Downloading and distributing them are.

1.) I think that there should be an option for the audio plugin to have a global "sync game to audio" as well as the original per-game basis, because this would improve most of the popping noises that people usually complain about. It would also help make Project64 seem like the real thing since when the real 64 has slowdowns, the audio is the same.
2.) Also, it would be nice to fix the slowdowns on Pokemon Stadium 2(Stadium menu) and Paper Mario(during the prologue when the sky changes to night as Mario is passed out [not really a problem for me as it only takes about 2 seconds but on a 1GHz PC, it took like 10 seconds or more] )

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
About 1: When PJ is running in 50 or 60 fps (for PAL or NTSC respectively), then it's running at the same speed as the original systen. If a slowdown occours now, it would also happen on the real system and the audio would also not pop and crack. If it slows down (slower than 50 or 60 fps), then unfortunaly, it is a side effect. The audio must be synced with the emulation of the game.

Yes I understand but I'm just saying that the "sync to audio" should be listed as a global option as well, allowing all your games to be synced to audio instead of manually doing them one at a time. It's just a suggestion.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
thepreserver said:
Yes I understand but I'm just saying that the "sync to audio" should be listed as a global option as well, allowing all your games to be synced to audio instead of manually doing them one at a time. It's just a suggestion.

no. this has been explained before. it doesn't work for all games, so it shouldn't be a global option. this will not matter because 1.7 aims to fix this properly by getting the timing right so no plugin options are needed.

Nintendo Maniac

How about the ability to run World Driver Championship? >_> I loved that game... At least Rice's Video Plugin 6.1.1 BETA 10 boots the game, but it freezes at the no memory card screen :p

Last edited:
Smiff said:
no. this has been explained before. it doesn't work for all games, so it shouldn't be a global option. this will not matter because 1.7 aims to fix this properly by getting the timing right so no plugin options are needed.
OK thanks for clearing that up for me Smiff. Makes me more satisfied about the wait for the final release. That, and hope for a fixed input plugin. :)