What's new

What are you playing at the moment?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Onimusha 2 was cool. I enjoyed it more than the first, despite the laughable localization.
Yeah, the localization is pretty bad, and the voice acting makes it worse. Still, a great game, although I think I like Onimusha 3 better... just because Jean Reno is in it, no to mention that you can play as him.

Dawn of Dreams is probably the best, IMO anyway, despite the rather steep difficulty curve at times.

Allnatural

Yeah, the localization is pretty bad, and the voice acting makes it worse. Still, a great game, although I think I like Onimusha 3 better... just because Jean Reno is in it, no to mention that you can play as him.
Same here. The third is my favorite so far, but why, oh why could they not get Jean Reno to do the english dialog? The switch from Jean in french to Paul Mercier (Leon in Resi 4, if you're wondering) in english was jarring to say the least. Such a missed opportunity...

The little I've played of DoD so far is a bit annoying. The behind-the-back camera makes it difficult to see the enemies, so the Issen attacks are much harder to pull off.

Last edited:

Agozer

I don't think Paul Mercier is a bad choice in O3, but I agree that having Reno do both the French and English dialogue would have been awesome - his English isn't bad after all.

I think that the Issen moves are in fact easier to pull off (perhaps maybe because you can activate Oni magic just as your are about to get hit and immediately pull of multiple Issens in a row after the "time freeze" passes), though it's still requires some careful timing to perform "normal" Issens - but leveling up the Blocking(?) stat helps. It's true that it's a harder to be aware of your surroundings because the camera sticks closer to the player. IIRC, you can adjust how far the camera is a little bit, but I don't remember too well.

Allnatural

*whew* 140 hours later I'm finally finished with P3:FES. Amazing game, but I think I'll hold off on P4 for a while.

Started Crackdown the other day, and I recently picked up The Orange box, so I'll probably play HL2 (again) before doing Eps 1, 2, and Portal.

Last edited:

Agozer

Finally got my hands on the PAL version of Mana Khemia a week or so ago.

Also: Tenchu: Fatal Shadows. Stealth Kills make me giddy, even though the basic combat system is really clunky until you start unlocking more moves.

Allnatural

Well, Crackdown was over in a flash. Ridiculous fun while it lasted though. Might go back and search out the remaining agility and hidden orbs.

Started God Hand today. One hell of a thumb-buster (to put it lightly). Probably have to buy a new controller when I'm finished, heh.

Agozer

Started God Hand today. One hell of a thumb-buster (to put it lightly). Probably have to buy a new controller when I'm finished, heh.
One of the best purchases I've ever made (and criminally overlooked Clover Studio gem). Currently stuck in the beginning of Stage 7 or 8 because of stupendous difficulty - area fight of sorts with groups of enemies pouring in one after another, and the last enemy is another case of very cheap, strong single enemy with a ridiculously long katana.

Great game, no doubt, but the difficulty later in the game is almost unbearable (and I'm playing on Easy).

Allnatural

Currently stuck in the beginning of Stage 7 or 8 because of stupendous difficulty - area fight of sorts with groups of enemies pouring in one after another, and the last enemy is another case of very cheap, strong single enemy with a ridiculously long katana.
Yeah, that part was a gigantic pain in the ass. Stage 8 is even worse. I beat the game though, on easy (which was anything but). Now my thumbs are numb. =)

Last edited:

SuperSonic2K

Lord of the Flies
Ratchet and Clank series (PS2)
MechWarrior 2: Mercenaries
MechWarrior 3
Halo 2 (PC)
Hellbender (PC) - a nice classic and Descent clone; doesn't work that well under XP though

Allnatural

Just started Final Fantasy 12. Haven't really clicked with the battle system yet, but I'm enjoying the setting and story.

I'm actually playing too fast too furious...It's a pretty old game but the cars are sweet and I like that you can't just slide around every turn at 90 MPH. It's pretty realistic. Playing it on the PS2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Allnatural

Time for a revival.

I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins for a while. Actually deleted my save and restarted after about twelve hours when I realized I missed an opportunity to recruit a couple of characters. Don't care much for the combat (playing on the 360, so yeah, anyone who has read the reviews knows what a mess it can be) put I'm loving the characters and story. Definitely one to be replayed too.

Martin

Administrator
Time for a revival.

I've been playing Dragon Age: Origins for a while. Actually deleted my save and restarted after about twelve hours when I realized I missed an opportunity to recruit a couple of characters. Don't care much for the combat (playing on the 360, so yeah, anyone who has read the reviews knows what a mess it can be) put I'm loving the characters and story. Definitely one to be replayed too.

Yeah was thinking of picking that up for the 360 actually, looks pretty cool :)

Otherwise, currently I'm mostly playing FIFA 11 when I get some spare time.

Also, I just finished Battlefield: Bad Company 2 as well, great game. :)

Been a while since I played it (a month ago perhaps) but Borderlands was awesome too.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Starcraft 2, coincidentally if any of you live in Europe and own the game I'd love to challenge you sometime, stupid Starcraft 2 region lock grr.

Agozer

Mass Effect 2. Looking for Dead Space 2 and Extraction, hopefully at a reduced price.

Agozer

Considering that I've never owned an Xbox of any sort, I haven't played the first. The PS3 Mass Effect 2 addresses this somewhat, so at least I know what went down, and I was able to make the crucial ME1 choices that affect my current run of ME2.

In any case, Mass Effect 2 is really finely crafted, although it has some serious bugs (which will soon be fixed with a patch, though I'm fortunate enough to not have encountered the worst bugs). I'm having a lot of fun, to put it simply.