What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

We need Beta testers and support!

gitech

N64 Artist
We need Beta testers and support for Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video.

If you would like to see what's been going on, be a beta tester, or just show
your support for the further development of Rice Video, please follow this
link to the thread:

http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=46949

The more help and support we get, the better the chances of success for the
continued development of this great plugin. :)

Thanks and HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Sincerely,
Jay
GITech

cerebus5

Oh I didn't know about this thanks. Seems very promising - on the Smash Bros HD it is very fast but it doesn't load all the textures.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi cerebus5,

Happy new year!

Can you post your findings to the development thread? ie: beta test for us, post pics etc...? :)

TTYL,
Jay

cerebus5

Yeah I'm glad to help where I can. Happy New Year to you as well. What kind of specific help would be useful?

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Well, I just figured out why all the the textures are not loading with Aristotle's current release of Mudlord & Rice Video.

Right now it can only load hires textures up to 4x the original texture size.

Hopefully he will be able to add the ability to load textures up to (32x or 64x?) like Mudlord's RV 6.1.4.

So, it seems you don't have to do anything about your SSB findings at this time. Maybe you could test it again when/if he is able to add this functionality.

Hey, it's good you found it is faster. I have found it faster as well like in the Castle Center hallway with the 2 gold Knights and 2 Lightning Knights. Very cool and it will only get better! :)

TTYL,
Jay

X-Fi6

So are you ever going to fix the framebuffer madness in the Start Menu / Sub-Screens in Ocarina of Time? Or is there already a fix?

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi X-F16,

Well, I am not "working" on the plugin. Aristotle, microdev and others are the coders. I am just the main person pushing for/promoting further work on the plugin.

Right now I do not think fixing framebuffer or other emulation problems are on the table or within the knowledge of our new coders at this point. But this may change as they get more experience with the code.

They are focusing on improving the plugins' performance with Hi-res Texture packs by implementing texture caching and then addressing the DRAM CRC texture name related slowdown bug.

It's really in it's infancy and is being made more difficult by not having access to the newest source code (MRV 6.1.4 that is).

With enough time and support from the rest of us we may have a truly wonderful plugin someday! ;) :)

Feel free to chime in on the development thread.

TTYL,
Jay

Terranigma

Hey gitech, are they only focusing on hi res texture support or also game support? There are still games that don't run very well, so I'd like to see more game support too if that's not too much trouble.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Game support may be in the cards and issues are welcome to be brought up, but it may be best not to overwhelm Aristotle right now.

He is just beginning and has a lot of learning to do. He started this to improve the performance of large hires packs and packs that suffer from the DRAM CRC texture name related slowdown bug such as SSB and my Castlevania LOD pack.

I feel it's best just to support him on what he is currently working on 'till he gets it figured out. ;) He has made good progress and performance has already improved a little! :)

What issues are you referring to? Lets talk about them here first before you post it to the development thread.

Thanks,
Jay

Mollymutt

I don't know anything about coding, so I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but I would love a feature where the plugin could recognize what textures are in the highres folder. That way when you dump textures, it wouldn't dump those that are in the highres folder. That way you wouldn't have to worry about duplicate textures.

Terranigma

What issues are you referring to? Lets talk about them here first before you post it to the development thread.

Thanks,
Jay

Nothing specific, just games that don't work very well.

Since work is focused on hi res, how about some kind of filtering to prevent the lines from moving. I notice when the hi res textures are far away, the detail gets lost, but the most jarring thing is that some of the pixels start to move as you walk closer and closer to them until they're finally good enough to be viewed clearly. Anisotropic filtering is probably what needs to be improved.

Sparx

I posted some feedback about Aristotle's new plugin in that thread. Thanks for the creating a thread in this particular forum, gitech. I haven't checked the plug-ins sub-forum in a while because of the low activity.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
I don't know anything about coding, so I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but I would love a feature where the plugin could recognize what textures are in the highres folder. That way when you dump textures, it wouldn't dump those that are in the highres folder. That way you wouldn't have to worry about duplicate textures.

Hi Mollymutt,

LTNS! :) I agree, but as an option in the GUI so someone could choose how they want it to work.

Nothing specific, just games that don't work very well.

Since work is focused on hi res, how about some kind of filtering to prevent the lines from moving. I notice when the hi res textures are far away, the detail gets lost, but the most jarring thing is that some of the pixels start to move as you walk closer and closer to them until they're finally good enough to be viewed clearly. Anisotropic filtering is probably what needs to be improved.

I know, ASF doesn't seem to work very well, if at all right now in RV.

The best ASF I have seen while not too blurry is with PJ64 1.7 and Jabo Direct3D8 1.7 with ASF at 16x with hires textures in the DXT (DDS) format like I did for Body Harvest.

Hey, anyone want that BH pack "as is" for fun and to see how good the ASF is? It runs well but you have to have PJ64 1.7. ;)

I posted some feedback about Aristotle's new plugin in that thread. Thanks for the creating a thread in this particular forum, gitech. I haven't checked the plug-ins sub-forum in a while because of the low activity.

No problem! There is activity now! ;)

I replied to your post there.

TTYL,
Jay

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Hi guys,

Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video Version 6.1.7 is now available! :)

Check it out here: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=46949&page=9

We need someone to test it with SSB HD. I'm not familiar enough with SSB to know everything to look for so...a beta testing position is open!

See you there!

Later,
Jay

PS: The plugin can be referred to as AMRV 6.1.7

death--droid

Ok that feature that you requested Mollymutt is complete I'm just checking if there's anything else i can do before i upload it.