What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Vanit's Evangelion Retexture Project

Vanit

Well, I started work on redoing Evangelion and translating it at the same time. I've translated the moves list, but as yet I haven't been able to get any of my edited images to load. Here's a picture of the comparison of the new and old list though:

Note: I'm aware I spelt it as 'backwayds', I've already patched up the original file.

Last edited:

da1writer

I too as well! I understand a bit of japanese and have alot of Japanese games for Project 64 to play on. This is one of my favorite N64 games as it goes along the timeline of the series so well. It would be cool being able to play the game in somewhat english instead of pausing the emulator for a sec so I can translate what they are saying. Keep up the good work and hopefully we can see a pack soon :happy: !

OP
V

Vanit

Thanks for the feedback. If anyone knows how to get the new textures to load I would appreciate it.

Mollymutt

Vanit said:
Thanks for the feedback. If anyone knows how to get the new textures to load I would appreciate it.
You need to make a new folder in the hi rez folder with the same name as the one in the texture dump folder, and save them there. You can have as many sub folders in this folder to organize, but you must have the game name folder, so the emulator knows which textures to load.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
snesmaster40 said:
That or the textures your trying to edit or those evil framebuffer ones
Do you really think they are?
These Menu textures in your VPW2 translation are framebuffer textures, because it have to look good into the men, but I don't think, that a buttonconfiguration seems to be a framebuffer texture...
Btw: nice work with your translation... :)

Vanit what for textures aren't loading? These on the pic seems to load fine!?

snesmaster40

MasterPhW said:
Do you really think they are?
These Menu textures in your VPW2 translation are framebuffer textures, because it have to look good into the men, but I don't think, that a buttonconfiguration seems to be a framebuffer texture...
Btw: nice work with your translation... :)

Vanit what for textures aren't loading? These on the pic seems to load fine!?

Uhh... I have no idea what you just said

OP
V

Vanit

MasterPhW: Those screenshots weren't taken from within the emulator.

Mollymutt: I can understand that you would think the error would be in my organization. But I've checked over and over and unfortunately its not as simple as that.

Snesmaster: I'm not familiar with 'framebuffer' textures. Would you care to explain what they are and how they differ from regular ones?

snesmaster40

Oh apparently if you dump the textures and they have like a pixel line of different colours and they always seem to dump again.

Basically they're textures that are created within the memory so they keep on refreshing, I think (there's a thread somewhere that explains this)

OP
V

Vanit

That would make sense, because I noticed that every single texture was dumping as ci. Thanks I'll look into it.

EDIT: I did a bit of a browse and had a little talk with Rice and it seems that at the moment this is one of the few games that isn't working with the plugin. Until the plugin has additional support for 'framebuffer textures' this projectof mine is going nowhere.

Hence, I deem this project officially cancelled :(.

Oh well!

Last edited:

snesmaster40

Damn, sorry to hear that. Now you know why I called them "the evil framebuffer textures", they also effected my VPW2 project.

KibaWolf

Question about the cancelled project

I'm sorry, I'm very new here and I'm probably goign to ask stupid questions but...
I have a question even though this project is cancelled, would it help if for some things the anime were to be used? Such as comparison shots and looking at the designs to rework the things from and sometimes..for words/textures? Such as in the little thing you made yourself -- in the first page, the background was NEON GENESIS EVANGELION EPISODE:1 ANGEL ATTACK (as seen in this image)

Also for text..like I said, its cut up into the multiple pieces I'e seen as Iripped the textures, would it be best to take the anime image and cut it up in the same place and make it fit that way?
This first image is the game one and the second is the anime one, both at 640 X 480 the game is a bit bigger but that can be done by cutting out the black somewhat and stretching the text out..otherwise it wouldn't match up

Last edited:
OP
V

Vanit

I was considering that, KibaWolf, and had this project been possible I would have done just that. Anyways I would appreciate it if people would stop the discussion in this thread as there's nothing productive to be done.

But I will say this, I'm working on another translation project, that is possible, on a popular Japanese game. I will release more info when I get a bit more done.

ggab

Emutalk Member
Vanit at October 25th, 2007, 23:55
I'm thinking I'll probably pickup my Evangelion64 translation if GlideHQ will read the textures, because Rice's plugin refused to load them and upon contacting Rice he said that it wasn't supported. Fingers crossed!

I tried out GlideHQ and I must say I'm disappointed. I haven't tested it with Evangelion yet, but when I loaded my Sin and Punishment pack half the textures didn't tile correctly, yet they did when using Rice's plugin. This really concerns me because people who've never seen my pack before might be introduced to hi-res packs through GlideHQ, see our packs and think they're crappy because they weren't made right. =/

did u try it with GlideHQ Update 4b and Best Performance Profile?

i could not find a download link to try myself your excellent Evangelion Retexture Project

EDIT. i find it.....
Evangelion Update (Written by Vanit )
Wednesday, 21 June 2006
I have been getting a few emails inquiring about when my Evangelion translation will be released and I thought I should reiterate that it won't be ready until Jabo's plugin has been released. The current plugin made by Rice does not support Evangelion and as such I've yet to begin work on the bulk of the translation.

even with updated Rice 6.1.3.3 by murdlod?

PS: thanks :)