What's new

upgrading

OP
LinkTheHero

LinkTheHero

Princeofpersia
right im going for the big one im going to get the new amd althon 64 x2 dual core 4200+ 939 socket retail and a MSI's "Neo4 platinum" board and a geforce 6800GT SLI pci

fayevalintine

Love and peace
if you have enough money why not got for the 7800GTX SLI I mean its 400 dollars more but its twice as powerfull as the 6800 ultra in sli and if your going to get the 6800 or 7800 in sli remember to get case fans and atleast 550 watt power supply but its better if u get 600watts

fayevalintine

Love and peace
Dont make the mistake i did. My old comp broke down and i had to get in in a quicky so i got my temporary one. Big mistake i should have just built the comp i wanted.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
fayevalintine said:
if you have enough money why not got for the 7800GTX SLI I mean its 400 dollars more but its twice as powerfull as the 6800 ultra in sli and if your going to get the 6800 or 7800 in sli remember to get case fans and atleast 550 watt power supply but its better if u get 600watts
Waste of money. That card is simply too expensive right now. Wait until it gets cheaper. There is no point in paying such an outrageous price for a card.

arnalion

Nintendo Fan
Doomulation said:
Waste of money. That card is simply too expensive right now. Wait until it gets cheaper. There is no point in paying such an outrageous price for a card.

Yeah wait until Ati release the the new x1xxx series it will probably lower the prices. Depends on for how long you're able to wait ^^

OP
LinkTheHero

LinkTheHero

Princeofpersia
Doomulation said:

yeah thats why im not geting the 7 series yet maybe when its £200:p

Cönker1

fayevalintine said:
Can you tell me there tell me is upgrading to the 6800 ultra a good idea? Its only temporary for 6months. I have to get the agp ver becase my mobo only supports agp.
Yeah, get 6800 GT, Ultra is a waste of money because basically all GTs OC to Ultra speeds and above, they are nutz. My friends' GTs OC with the new drivers (like... the drivers OC it, nVidia drivers) to above 400 core and 1100 memory.

fayevalintine

Love and peace
O yea there is news about m2 processors. Link if u bought it already then nvm is u didnt wait for a while for socket 940 to come out and is supports DDR2 which is a whole lot better

OP
LinkTheHero

LinkTheHero

Princeofpersia
im going to wait and see if the AMD turion 64 M2 chips is worth the money:term: ... i might buy upgrades near cristmas:huh: and use them on cristamas day:santa: so im kind off buy my cristmas prensit's:santa: he he:p

Cönker1

Right now, get the Opteron 144 or 146, Socket 939. They can overclock to match athlon FX-57 performance, and they are really cheap.

Cönker1

Yeah, I know, but they are worth it if you find them. Pisses me off, I found this out and I still haven't even gotten my Venice in the mail!