What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Thread resurrection: Remodel Zelda

OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
ummm, German????? WTF, Im from Texas. Whats up with you now? It does seem odd that I'm sitting here being very calm and collected, telling you how things are, while you are getting all mad about it. makes you wonder who is more mature here.Thanks Clements for stepping in, this guy never knows what he is talking about. Maybe we can get back on subject, finally.

BTW, In case I'm not mistaken, that was a racist post you put...and although I'm American, I would like to say that I take offense to that on behalf of the Germans in this forum.

Last edited:

ragnor

His point was that this is a stupid flamewar that has gotten out of hand, and everyone needs to back the hell up and get on with their lives. Your texturing abilities are not in question, Amon, so let's move on. You're sticking up for other people, and that's nice, but it's kinda getting out of hand, because this is a thread for remodeling, not for fighting.

ragnor

heh, np. Everyone needs a reality check now and again. Speakin of your texturing... what ever happened to your WIP?

OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Personal stuff going on. But don't worry, I started yesterday, getting my old stuff ready for beta 10, then I'll keep working...ok, going off subject again...i hate when i do that.

Cybertronic

Amon_Knives said:
....You wanna help finally by drawing link's profile up...be my guest. maybe then you will finally realize what WIP means. but until then...quit complaining, seriously, everyone is getting tired of hearing from you.

Mireneye, for those of us that understand WIP, keep up the good work. If I could draw as well as I can do things with a computer, I would help with that, but alas, I guess your stuck with Mr. Bitchandmoan. Do what you can whenever you get the time to do it.....

hmmm I dont see how it gave me a better understanding of WIP... :whistling

but....

Your Friend Bitchandmoan is back! :happy: *glares at Amon* (no hard feelings right?) I finally got around to drawing up some pics. Maybe they will help you make a better head, (I still think you need to scrap the old head, there is no way your going to convert it into what is in these pics! It would to too hard to do that anyways.) The ones in the Zip file are the full size ones from the scanner, print em up, sell em, burn em, use em for darts, give em to your friends, or what ever, but most important of all... have fun with em! ^_^
(The Top view is CRAP :puke: 9^10 but you wanted that view too.. isnt very interesting though. Anime Almost never shows extreme top view of a head.)

Oh and Please for the love of god study how a head is shaped!

Last edited:
OP
Amon_Knives

Amon_Knives

Film Student
I can't tell if ur bitter or in a good mood...oh well...lol...jk

Nice drawings, eyes could be a little smaller, but still very good. Better than I could do, so hey.

Cybertronic

Yeah, people tend to have trouble reading me, I guess thats why most people tend to shy away from me. Thx I like my drawing too! ^_^ I cant wait to see someone make a model based off these.

eddiethegreat

Cybertronic said:
hmmm I dont see how it gave me a better understanding of WIP... :whistling

but....

Your Friend Bitchandmoan is back! :happy: *glares at Amon* (no hard feelings right?) I finally got around to drawing up some pics. Maybe they will help you make a better head, (I still think you need to scrap the old head, there is no way your going to convert it into what is in these pics! It would to too hard to do that anyways.) The ones in the Zip file are the full size ones from the scanner, print em up, sell em, burn em, use em for darts, give em to your friends, or what ever, but most important of all... have fun with em! ^_^
(The Top view is CRAP :puke: 9^10 but you wanted that view too.. isnt very interesting though. Anime Almost never shows extreme top view of a head.)

Oh and Please for the love of god study how a head is shaped!

The side on one looks really good, but Links face is too wide in the front on one.

Kiggles

It is also crooked. Make judicious use of that T-square, man. Also, make sure each orthoscopic view agrees with eachother. Considering the front and side, it suggests link's ears angle backward, but that isn't what the top view communicates. :)

eddiethegreat

Kiggles said:
It is also crooked. Make judicious use of that T-square, man. Also, make sure each orthoscopic view agrees with eachother. Considering the front and side, it suggests link's ears angle backward, but that isn't what the top view communicates. :)

I don't think thats too much of a problem, you could just mirror one side of the face to get the basic geometry you need to make a model.

Mireneye

Im happy to have something to work from. However, its a bit problematic, beacuse id really like to catch the special 'Link' feel. And neither my more recent try on modelling him, nor your sketches do 'if you excuse me' It looks similar to him, but a bit to far from beeing him, it may have potential to beacome him, give or take a few more houers of work.

Cybertronic

Well I do think my front view is a bit "fat" but one thing you all missed in the side view is the jaw and the ear is not properly aligned in acordance to anatomy (Its really bugging me). I also drew it with my left hand with a piece of carboard for a drawing surface while sitting in a chair, so that atributes to the crookedness. I too am not happy with the way it turned out, It is good but not good enough for me. :( The top view, I really didnt want to draw it, and well frankly I didnt belive it to be necissary, especially when it was 3:00 am in the morning. :whistling I do know of a site that has Actual Zelda Manga from Japan... Maybe you can get views from there...

http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/ (slightly differnt style Link than you are used to though...)

Anyways, theres always a next time and always room for improvement, You may see some more drawings in the future...

Last edited:

Kiggles

eddiethegreat said:
I don't think thats too much of a problem, you could just mirror one side of the face to get the basic geometry you need to make a model.
Unfortunately, modelling off a skewed image is going to cause all sorts of issues that weren't apparent before. You would need to manipulate the 2D image in some digital imaging software. When you go through all of that trouble, the end result is something you probably should have just redrawin in the first place. ;)

Keep it up, Crybertronic. I'll critique, if you don't mind. Just let me know when to shut-up. No offense in either case. Didn't want to rip into the first one since I figured you spit it out in some degree of frustration. :D

Cybertronic

:happy: lol ok! I guess I could draw some more... I didnt think he was actually planning to model off the actual picture.... now that means I need to use rulers and stuff.... grrr! I just figured he was going to use the images to get an idea. Should I go after the style used in the manga? It seems to be better looking IMO than what is in the players guides and the manual.

viewpage.php

Last edited:

Mollymutt

The manga images are nice, but they won't be of much help, because you really need a front and side view that match up in size and style to make a proper model.

Mireneye

If in case your a free hand modeller with an excellent grasp of a the feel of the character your making. Which I am not.

The girl in the back has a perfect sideview. She would only need a front-view to accompany her.
The Top view is'nt life important, the Top view is used to get the shape right at all sides of the head, usually not always necessary, but it can really ease up the work alot sometimes.

Cheers

Last edited: