What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

The mario's kart retexturing page

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
hey all i'm sure some of you have seen the cruz01 thread

well this the project page.

EDIT: 12/10/14

I would like to create a 100% interactive spirit sheet, this project has been dormant for far to long.
Long term goal is to make a 3D Gif from the 2D slices. However, first I need to see all of the files to know what I'm working with.

Windows folder are great for keeping alike files together, but comparing files between folders is impossible.
I need a way to keep same name files together but view all the files as a whole.

Does anyone know of a (free) tool that will allow me to place these files into a worksheet style range?

Last edited:

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
Hi !

I do not think these are all Mario's textures.
For each character, I have dumped over 1300/1400, and a lot of textures are still missing...

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
thank you, i didn't realize i left so many out
please upload what you have so we can compile the full pack for those that wish to develop packs.

and again ty.

microdev

thank you, i didn't realize i left so many out
please upload what you have so we can compile the full pack for those that wish to develop packs.

Just to point it out: The real challenge (besides retexuring the carts) is to identify the different textures that belong to each other. As each cart in each angle consists of 2 or 3 textures, the ones that belong to each other have to be identified and aligned.

I think if that part has been done, the carts could be modelled in 3D, turned to the corresponding angle and a screenshot of this might serve as basis for the hires replacement.

How to reach that:
  1. dump all cart textures (that you are currently doing)
  2. use highreseaser option 1 to label them
  3. start game in debug version of rice plugin (or 1964Video)
  4. trace from frame to frame during gameplay by moving the carts around
  5. note the ids of the corresponding cart textures in each cart positions
  6. align the corresponding cart textures in a photoshop document by using option 2 of highreseaser
  7. model your cart in 3d and turn it in the position shown in the photoshop document
  8. past the (cut off) screenshot of the 3D model as hires replacement into the hires layer of the photoshop document
  9. split the hires layer to the hires tiles corresponding to the original ones by using option 3 of highreseaser
  10. done ;)

Well that's by sure a bunch of work and a very big challenge but that's the only way that comes to my mind to accomplish the job.
I don't think that can be done by a single person but with joined forces it might be doable...

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
I have dumped and sorted 9000 textures of the karts (not finished for Mario and Yoshi) and "ripped" karts from Mario Kart DS and SNES.
I use only the main texture, not the head, and i have limited positions of karts...

Video : (Select HQ Mode)

mariokart64ds1.jpg

mariokart64SNES1.jpg

A Pack will be released in a few months (with SNES sprites)...
Another could be released if I manage to integrate all karts of Mario Kart DS

Last edited:

microdev

I have dumped and sorted 9000 textures of the karts (not finished for Mario and Yoshi) and "ripped" karts from Mario Kart DS and SNES.
I use only the main texture, not the head, and i have limited positions of karts...

I think 9000 textures for 2 characters is far to much. I have the feeling, many duplicates have been dumped. That's why I would number them. That way you can easily detect, which ones are really used by the game.

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
No, 8200 textures for 6 characters (Peach, Wario, Toad, Donkey, Bowser and Luigi) + 800 for 2 others (Mario and Yoshi)

I use .BAT files to save my time :)

bfrancois.jpg

Last edited:
OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
very nice

btw the way i identify the textures is to search the texture id number
the way this is done is by looking up the first number that comes after MARIOKART64#.
only look for the first 8 digits in each search.

e.g MARIOKART64#26945547#...

now find the three or four textures and place them with themselves in a folder named with the same 8 digit number.

@ mircrodev; i've thought about making a 3d model however i know nothing about 3d rendering if anyone knows how to do this it would definitely help out.
once we have the carts pulled.

edit: i've linked lacuta's textures uptop

edit:2 i've found upto 1675 textures updated 1st post

Last edited:

Weatherton

BFrancois, can you describe what you are doing with that .bat file? Also, are you getting any "glitchy" textures dumped? I have gotten several sprites that are missing any soft of shading on the tires. I tried to upload them with the "manage attachments" feature just now, but I haven't been able to get that to work...

Do you mind uploading some of the texture rips you have? Right now, for Yoshi I have:

1,287 Yoshi model images (excludes glitched ones and any icons / menu images)
(253 heads, 969 bodies, 65 crash)

I am trying to determine what I am missing and get them. It sounds like you have more images per character than I do for Yoshi, or are you counting icons and menu images?

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
top updated to now 2237 files!

@Weatherton sorry for the late reply
Did you dump the drift and the spin?

Last edited:

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
No, i have 1355 files for Mario

Bowser : 1366 files
Donkey : 1517 files
Koopa : 1349 files
Luigi : 1353 files
Peach : 1374 files
Toad : 1369 files
Yoshi : 1353 files

BFrancois

It's me, Mario !!!
I'll upload them when my textures pack will be released
( )

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I would like to create a 100% interactive spirit sheet, this project has been dormant for far to long.
Long term goal is to make a 3D Gif from the 2D slices. However, first I need to see all of the files to know what I'm working with.

Windows folder are great for keeping alike files together, but comparing files between folders is impossible.
I need a way to keep same name files together but view all the files as a whole.

Does anyone know of a (free) tool that will allow me to place these files into a worksheet style range?