What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

SuperSmashBro's 2008

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
no YOU shut up.
and i am DEADLY serious.
He was obviously annoyed by your COCKY behaviour, which resulted in him telling you to shut up. And i agree. Who are you to preach? You posted a pack FULL of ripped stuff. And deadly serious? Who are you, Osama? I consider that a treat, hence i report it. Actually, let me rephrase that. I report you for continuing verbal harassement.

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
You have no argument. You don't contribute. You can't retexture. So you can criticize? My ass. I double agree with myself. Just keep quiet.
I have to agree with you man. I don`t care if he`s ``just a kid``. That excuse is getting old. Kids can be real assholes people!

Mollymutt

I think we need a bitch thread. These threads seem to always descend into flame wars. Let's get back on topic. Data is buried under school work, so the project is on hold for now. Take your bitching somewhere else.

OP
D

Datadayne

Im very sorry about the lack of progress lately. As Mollymutt mentioned, I've been doing a lot of studying lately. Exams finally end this Friday, so me and mollymutt should get this project back alive.

gitech

N64 Artist
Yeay! I hope everyone who has had exams lately did very well, and hope to see you all back in action on your projects! ;) :)

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
I think we need a bitch thread. These threads seem to always descend into flame wars. Let's get back on topic. Data is buried under school work, so the project is on hold for now. Take your bitching somewhere else.
No offence, but who made you a preacher? Anyway, back on topic. Everything looks very good, i especially like the Planet Zebes stage, it looks cleaner and more appeiling.

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
I must say, these things look fantastic. But I don't really see how Rice's plugin is better than Jabo's for retexturing, except Rice's has been released and is probably better for simplicity's sake. I don't know how the hell to use an XML. As far as I know, though, they have the same capabilities.

Also, and I know I'm getting nit-picky here, you're using apostrophes where you don't need them, like for plurals. "RELEASE"S", "Smash Bro's"... Sorry, don't mean to be a douche, it's just a pet peeve of mine.

I'd love to test maybe a few things before release for you, but I wouldn't be a good betatester. Keep up the good work.

ctatumt

What the hell was that post even for?! You could've just said "keep up the good work" instead of opening up a new argument that will just take up more room on this thread...

p_025

Voted Least Likely to Succeed
Tell you what, anyone who wants to start an argument based on what I just said can PM me. No reason to turn another good thread into a flame war.

Okay, I've downloaded the textures but to be honest I didn't really like most of them so much. First of all really a lot of pictures (in both directories, "Dumped" and "Retextured") are from another texture project. You could have mentioned that because _pm_ and the others that have worked on that one really deserve to be honoured. Furthermore there are a lot of unedited textures in the "Retextured" directory. I mean where's the point of that? It just increases the file size which is kind of stupid to download.
On the other hand I like the textures you actually made although most characters and stages aren't complete at all. For example Kirby looked very good and I also liked Samus and Donkey. And I found the DK map really great!

Greetings, BR

OP
D

Datadayne

Okay, I've downloaded the textures but to be honest I didn't really like most of them so much. First of all really a lot of pictures (in both directories, "Dumped" and "Retextured") are from another texture project. You could have mentioned that because _pm_ and the others that have worked on that one really deserve to be honoured. Furthermore there are a lot of unedited textures in the "Retextured" directory. I mean where's the point of that? It just increases the file size which is kind of stupid to download.
On the other hand I like the textures you actually made although most characters and stages aren't complete at all. For example Kirby looked very good and I also liked Samus and Donkey. And I found the DK map really great!

Greetings, BR

Thanks for your reply BR.

I clearly know I used "_pm_'s and other members" textures, and im not trying to hide that at all. Those textures are not supposed to be for my pack, they are just there to make my life easier (no need to dump textures yourself and organize them). Also at the time I upload this release, I was in a hurry, so I just uploaded everything in my "SMASH BROTHERS" folder, however I should have removed those textures I did not create. I'll make sure that the next release only includes textures created by the team (me and mollymutt).

Im glad you liked some of the pack though, I myself love what I did to DK Jungle, lol.

BTW, welcome to emutalk,
Datadayne

Risonhighmer

I'm not sure if you've realized this yet, but there is no " ' " in "Super Smash Bros."

It's Bros. (Short form of Brothers) not Bro's

It bugged me so I thought I'd point it out.

OP
D

Datadayne

Alright, I have recently upgraded to Vista and now I cant seem to get textures working. I made sure everything is in the proper areas, but im getting glitches with the background.

Ive been using Mudlords Rice plugin 1.3, it works great on my Xp, but everything is messed up when im running Vista. I also tested with Perfect dark and I received the same results. Super mario 64 seems to be fine though.

I believe that there is a Rice plugin 1.4 that Mudlord recently released, ive searched the forums but couldnt locate it. If anyone has Mudlords rice plugin 1.4, could you please pm it to me?

Datadayne