What's new

SSF 0.7 Beta Released!

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
Feh. It doesn't work for me. Windows closes it after about 10 seconds, with the blah blah ssf.exe wrong, blah blah has to close window.

--edit--

Hmmm, this may be why.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It might be... Most people on the SSF forums got it to work normally (most are Japanese).
I managed to make it run once by disabling NTFS compression on the SSF folder but it stopped working after a reboot (weird, huh?)...
Maybe setting the Language for non-Unicode programs to Japanese (from the windows CP) will fix this problem... Haven't tried it though.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I have English XP SP2, and SSF 0.07 beta works perfectly, aside from the fact that the maximum audio buffer size is 1024. I get major audio skipping with 1024ms, I always used 2048 and it was fine.

edit: I also don't have any foreign language packs installed.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
i get the error message saying that ssf has encountered a problem and needs to close . dont know why. was hoping to try it out now that i have a amd64.

seemed to have fixed it by deleting the ini that is created after first starting it. worked now.

heres a quick screen of contra legacy of war. oh yeh , the sound was awesome in the one game i tried.

Last edited:

Borisz

For those who had bugs, redownload the emulator. A refreshed version was posted on the main page, it readds the 2048 option.

rcgamer

the old guy
check it out shinobi runs on it now. took scan lines off.

edit- wow sonic blast is running now as well, just press start during the opening video. . forgive me if they ran before but the last version i could use didnt run them. this emu has certainly came a long way in a relatively short time. its at the head of the class as far as saturn emus go.

Last edited:

Borisz

Can someone post pics of Xmen COTA, without scanlines? The changelog in an older version mentioned that it works now, and I really want to see how.

rcgamer

the old guy
sure. this emu seems picky with its has encountered a problem bug. i think its best to use images of games rather than disks.

edit oops heres the one.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
it seems to run very well. i only played a few minutes but was fast and great sounding. heres a screenie.

Borisz

rcgamer said:
sure. this emu seems picky with its has encountered a problem bug. i think its best to use images of games rather than disks.

edit oops heres the one.
Yes, that issue was raised in the past and the author said that its a lot safer to use CD images via DAEmon, as the precise timing needed by the Saturn is unreproducable by some PC CDROM drives. Which is not an issue when running a virtual image.

Lord Darkstorm

Great sage, equal of heaven
The bug starts up two seconds after you pick an option in the bios menu, so you don't even have time to tell it to use your mounter drive. I tried adding japanese in XP's regions & languages, no love there either. Some of you guys are using english XP, so the problem must be something else.

frank beard

I've just tried SSF for the first time a few hours ago and I also had the same error with the bios and the rapidly appear send error window. I got around it by naming the bios boot.rom and simply placing it in the same directory as the exe. Regarding the Japanese messages this is easy to change by simply opening the file named default (no extension) in the Message directory with notepad and deleting Japanese, save and exit.