What's new

Smash Bros Melee Model Viewer Status

Techokami

psychodan said:
Not meaning to offend you personally since I didnt name anyone specific, but the post in question that I was refering to which linked the hax0polis files on mfgg didn't mention or credit thakis in any way, though replies did. I was knocking the "bad" side of what generally gets involved. Moving forward, I downloaded the zip off hax0polis to check it out and see it was the same thing, however there was no text files inside mentioning thakis either. Not that he created the models in the first place.

I have however seen other posts linking specific zip or rar files of single models, mario for instance from MarioSunshine with crappy textures, or just pictures from people claiming to have modeled him themselves.

what I didnt mention was that I've actually seen a couple posts linking to those and even this specific thread. Though just now i had someone link me to a thread that has Sarahharps images posted claiming to be thier own from a project they are making.
Hmm, okay. I will go through and put a readme file in all archives stating those things. And just to be an asshole (in an effort to get an apology for the harsh things you have said about me indirectly), I'll make all existing links break, where the new paths have words most forums filter. Heheheheheh. Happy?

Techokami

teo95gr said:
Off Topic, shall we?
Uhhh, I mean...
On Topic, shall we? :p
In a sense, it was on-topic. The discussion was on if a model exporter was going to be made public (and I really hope so, I have some good ideas to utilize with these models)

psychodan

teo95gr said:
Don't worry, it is going to be released to public. :D
What makes you so sure?

...according to SarahHarp, she replied to your recient "I NEED THIS NOW!!!" private message telling you that she wasnt releasing one [an exporter] because you pestered her about it. After Techokami's... was that sarcasm? ...Whatever it was, the chances of a viewer alone have greatly decreased, and it seems doubtful that Jahrain will show up again and after the "possible sarcasm", I doubt Thakis would bother to try a SSBM viewer, especially with his current work being on Gekko. I know It'd take a decient amount of money to get me to release my viewer, and sygnificantly more if It were to have an exporter feature included. Who else is there at the moment?

So like i said, What makes you so sure?

Last edited:

Techokami

Dangit, I thought clearing this mess up would have helped =/
Well, looks like I got no choice. psychodan, would $100 get you to release a viewer and exporter?

psychodan

Techokami said:
Well, looks like I got no choice. psychodan, would $100 get you to release a viewer and exporter?
to you, $1000 in US Funds wouldnt get you an exporter. not that I'd believe for a moment you'd hold upto $1.oo.... However someone who actually shows intelligence... for instance Sarahharp, wouldnt have to offer money. Hell, shes got the source to mine... Not that it'd be very useful. But it appears I'm closer to getting textures, and shes closer to getting models, so it works out well.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
psychodan said:
MD, technically that'd be about as illegal as rom sharing and against Emutalk's rules. The textures can easily be gotten as one of the emulators has a texture dump function. At the moment, Its a pain in the butt to play through 2fps games to dump all the textures. Sarahs also mentioned that hers is incomplete.

Mine isn't fully functional and it's a bit behind Sarahs, even when I DO mess with exported files, they're glitchy and usually cause MAX and some other 3d Apps to crash though Maya is able to import them. Some are just giant clumps of mesh. Regardless, None of them currently have any type of rigged structure or even a T-Stance to work by, they're just what they look like in game! Its like ripping finalfantasy7 models the way they start in thier battle stance.

I don't personally plan to release any sort of app what-so-ever, but I'm happy to throw up some screenshots. And Sarah already stated that she'd let Jahra1n post first since he started the topic.

Chill out already people.. geez

Message recieved and understood...

Valant Novaligh

I've got next to no modeling or data manipulation experience, yet I'm learning a lot just by the hints and directions that Jahrain, psychodan, and Saraharp have given me. Sure, I don't have anything to show for it except a bunch of dots so far, but I'm proud of the progress that I've made. Thanks guys

Go make a model viewer yourself, perhaps. You'd learn a lot from it

Nelde

oh i'd love to be able to do it myself, but i have no idea where to start, no experience with such things and no time, either...
so i can just hope that those who can do it, are willing to do it (strange sentence)

VampLordAlucard

Hellsing's Finest
You mean those who can do it, are willing to do it, AND are willing to share it XD

If we have no experiance in any of this, or any programs like Maya (tho I'd like to have & learn it), would we be able to use the model viewers? Would it be like a stand alone program that would open up and let us view the models, or no?

SarahHarp

Yes, model viewers are generally programmed so you can "view" them withought the use of anything else (besides a few .dll's that the author distributes with the viewer).
Maya and such other 3D apps would be used for the exporting functions of the viewer.

psychodan

The number 1 reason to NOT include an exporter

Perhaps its worth mentioning.. models exported from Thakis' Viewer are available to BUY on Turbosquid and briefly on Renderosity. Yes, the seller expects you to actually PAY for the models they ripped. I also found some halo rips for sale, as well as a few other games.

in my opinion, Charging money for ripped content is worse then passing it off as your own

BlueFalcon7

psychodan said:
in my opinion, Charging money for ripped content is worse then passing it off as your own

I have to agree, as much of a pirate as I am, when it comes to pirating stuff, never involve financial gain. Thats just the worst and most evil form of plagerism. If I ever want to use a program for financial gain, I always buy it.