What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

SM64 "Cel Shade" Texture Pack

Amon_Knives

Film Student
_pm_ said:
Wow, you worked on the landscapes too, awesome work, keep it up! :happy:

If you're talking about Orkin's cel shade, Kid A and Orkin are two differant people and Kid A has always been working on landscapes. (sry if I sound peeved. don't worry, it's not you)

GouldFish

I worked for a little while with Cel-shading, I made a version of Quake 2 that was cel shaded. I to had problems with the weighted lines around the models but I do just about remember the idea behind them. If I remember when working with the model you check for lines that that a front facing polygon and a back facing polygon, if so draw a line.

Kolano

riles9262 said:
kid a and orkin should release a combo graphic pack. This is really amazing stuff guys :D

Kid A is cell shading through changing textures
Orkin is cell shading by using a pixel-shader in his plugin

You'll need to wait till Orkin releases an update to his plugin that supports texture replacement before you could combine things.

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
Excellent work Kid A, looking forward. And Orkin, that shit looks badass! Now on a side note....
Kolano said:
You'll need to wait till Orkin releases an update to his plugin that supports texture replacement before you could combine things.
That's one possibility. Interesting exchange a page back...
Rice said:
Orkin, wonderful job. I would love to know how to do it.
To which Orkin so generously replied...
Orkin said:
I just took the per-pixel lighting I just implemented (see here), and added the HLSL smoothstep() command to "step" the dot product before multiplying it by the light color.
So, in keeping with the popular trend of this thread I'll just say... hmmm.

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Not quite complete, but...hmmm...

Oh and BTW, I'll post any further progress in this area in the Direct64 thread to reduce confusion, and help stay on topic...

Codexing

The Xpaniard
WHOA!!!
That looks so AWESOME!
Congratulations Orkin! I'm really looking forward to try your new plugin. If you could combine A kid's textures and your cell shaded characters, this could become the best hi-res texture project (altought it's much farther from being just a hi-res project now :p )
But some parts of mario and other objects just look a bit too...crowded with outlines.
Still...
Keep it up!

Gladiac0190

cool, simply cool... I remember the times where n64-emulation seemed to be impossible... You guys are great - you got it sooo far. all the world says, that n64-scene stands nearly still... /me is happy that it is not so :D
hires is definitely the coolest feature i can think of. The newest mario-shots with the celshade-pixbuf-stuff are really horny stuff :D. little less boarders dependent on the object's size would make it look more accurate. you all do a great job, keep it up! i regret being too lazy to play around with gimp...

I wonder if it would be possible to make a loader for audiofiles into audioplugins like schibo's or azimer's... Sound-plugs' dev seem a bit too inactive, but wouldn't it be great? Playing Mario64 celshading-style and having a different bgm. Everybody knows the original sfx faaar to well... :D. Just a sick idea...

Last edited:

gdp2000

Oh my god!!! Orkin your gorgeous...

@kid a: are you doing this textures from scratch? if you're only using filters i could try to help you

Greets
gdp2k

piccolo17486

that looks soo great.. cant wait to see support for this in rices plugin or hires support in your plugin ;)
anyway... both .. keep up this awesome work

PS: ehmm what kind of graphicard is needed to use those effects

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Orkin said:
Not quite complete, but...hmmm...

Oh and BTW, I'll post any further progress in this area in the Direct64 thread to reduce confusion, and help stay on topic...
Orkin, that looks awesome!! :)

Gladiac0190

Nin_10_Dough said:
... Gladiac0190, about replacing the music, maybe remixed music but not different music. Although the music is well known, you have to love it, even if it does sound a bit midi-ish. ...
Yes, we all love the sfx but it was only an idea i had at midnight or so...