What's new

slow...slow...slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adaman

Pretty much ALL of the games i run on pj64 (or any other emulator) run pretty slow, cept for some of the ones with lesser requirements... now my brother uses the same emulator, his graphics card is worse than mine... his is a geforce 2, mine is a geforce 3 Ti 200, yet he can run all games fine, and i cant. He does have almost double my MHz... he has 1.4 and i have 750... maybe thats the problem? Eh.. i dunno, i would just like to be able to run games on here without having some sort of super computer...

gokuss4

Meh...
what type of 750mhz do you have? celeron, amd, pentium 3. what? and to me these should be the recommended requirements to pj64

AMD K7 Processor 900mhz/Pentium III 1GHz
Geforce 2
Sound Blaster Live!
192mb of RAM

i know its off topic but i wanted to post that ;).

Ruri

Navigator
How much ram do you have, Adaman? That's often the problem when speed issues come up.

OP
A

Adaman

I have an AMD athlon, and i have 384.0 RAM... that doesnt sounds like much :sleepy:

Tk64

The Other Village Idiot
Adaman said:
I have an AMD athlon, and i have 384.0 RAM... that doesnt sounds like much :sleepy:

I have 256 MB (SDR, not even DDR!) and have absolutely no problems. Also, I'm running Win2k which eats 96 MB at idle!

I'm running with a GF3 TI200 and love it, that shouldn't be your problem as long as you're using 4xAGP :innocent:

I'd kill all the extraneous stuff running in the background (AV stuff can eat a lot of cpu and memory) and then... mebbe overclock a couple MHz... :)

If none of that works, I think your CPU is the bottleneck. You really need at least a 1.2 GHz P4 or a 1GHz Athlon for bare minimum...

p.s. My specs say 512 MB, if that RMA ever gets settled I'll get my other half...:plain2:

Last edited:
OP
A

Adaman

i dont think that tweak3d site would be good for a computer novice like myself... ive used a computer for a long time, but i don't know much about them ;P, any programs that would help out?

AwesomeJohnDude

hahahaha !!!!!!!!!! You wanna talk about SLOW ?!?!? you aint seen nothing yet .....

my computer specs :

P2 433 mhz
Ati Rage Pro
128 mb Ram

and i am insane to ACTUALLY USE project 64 ........

every game i have (mario 64 , starfox , mario kart , etc.)

they all run at like 10 fps ..... and on top of that , each game took me like 5 hours to download ! what a waste !

i`m pretty crazy huh?

Encirp

i have a
PII 350
64mb ram
and a Diamond Stealth G460 8mb graphics card

Thats crappier than yours AwesomeJohndude and when i use pj64 and harvest moon 64 it runs at 20-30 fps and on nemu it runs at 15-25 fps.

Tito13KFM

AwesomeJohnDude said:
hahahaha !!!!!!!!!! You wanna talk about SLOW ?!?!? you aint seen nothing yet .....

my computer specs :

P2 433 mhz
Ati Rage Pro
128 mb Ram

and i am insane to ACTUALLY USE project 64 ........

every game i have (mario 64 , starfox , mario kart , etc.)

they all run at like 10 fps ..... and on top of that , each game took me like 5 hours to download ! what a waste !

i`m pretty crazy huh?

hehe.. I think I have everybody beat in thinking my old computer would run any n64 emulator.. take into account I only tried ultrahle, as that was all that was out at the time.

K6-233 oc/ed to 275
96 ram
Riva128 4meg.

I ran super mario about about 6 fps.. sometimes it would hit 10!
this all while having a glide wrapper running too :) I think it was Xgl .2 or something.

Lex

I've got a AMD K6-2 350MHz
Voodoo Banshee 16MB
64 MD Sdram
40GB ultra ata 133 7200rpm
win98se
sb16 ISA

I am running pj64 1.5b1 with glide64 it runs supermario and mariokart without sound almost on full speed and the other games i've got quite well

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
can you prove that? i find that hard to believe. porve me wrong and ill take it back. show me a screenshot showing your f/ps

milen

I have k6-2 300, voodoo banshee 16mb

I too run mario, mario kart, aerogague without sound
full speed with pj64 1.3
I run many other games at 30-50 fps.
I played zelda oot on suprahle at almost full speed with little slowdowns here and there.
Glide 0.1 is little slow but with 1964 it's great.
I have only 64mb of ram
I think that people that have such specs as adaman simply
don't maintain their computers well. Plus no sound makes games much much faster. With Corn I run Mario at ~150fps with sound.
Fighter's Destiny is so fast that I can't play it without Winamp playing music.
So 750mhz is slow !!!!!?????? :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Geforce :)))))))))))))))))))))
xxx ram :))))))))))))))))))))))))

Lex

james.miller said:
can you prove that? i find that hard to believe. porve me wrong and ill take it back. show me a screenshot showing your f/ps

That is not possible with Glide64
Couse it has to run in full screen

And why don't you believe me couse Glide64 is realy fast on voodoo's

Last edited:

james.miller

HELL YES. IT'S ME!
doh! without sound? thats not exactly 'great' emulation is it?

perfect dark reaches 150 fps on my pc WITH sound. would you call my pc poorly maintained? i dont think so.

anyway like i said prove it! I - like many others - wont believe you without you proving it

Lex

james.miller said:
id like to see you run perfect dark at that speed!! even without sound

I don't even have that game and i didn't planned to download it to!!!!!! :devil:

And running mario kart and mario 64 olmost on full speed is great with my specs:happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.