What's new

RiceDaedalus 5.3.1 and (reloaded) source code

rcgamer

the old guy
just thought i would tell you that the game st. andrews old course (j)! has the grey unknown icon next to it in 1964 when in fact it is almost playable using rices 5.3.1 . I think if i tweak around with the settings it might be playable.

rcgamer

the old guy
also ogre battle 64 is working almost perfectly for me now. There is a big slowdown at the chapter title pages but so far thats about it.

Trotterwatch

It was like that before for me (last checked version was pre-framebuffer enhancements). However there are certain sections of the game that will still be black backgrounds - unless he has fixed this covertly.

rcgamer

the old guy
my problem was never the backgrounds but the characters. in every plugin i tried the characters just showed up as black area. Though im sure with a little more tweaking I might have gotten it to work before.

Besides it is a beautiful pic :D

:cheers:

Last edited:

Zuzma

WildSOfT said:
Hey Rice,

I've built dll with your suggested fix. Zeldas look fine now :satisfied

Can I post it here so others could use it too?

Could you please post it? I can't compile it because I don't have .net :( . But make sure you state that it's unoffical from rice's bulid.

WildSOfT

emu-holic
OK, here's an UNOFFICIAL video plugin dll built from RiceDaedalus 5.3.1 with Rice's suggested fix for ZeldaMM intro and colored Zelda logo.

Zuzma

WildSOfT said:
OK, here's an UNOFFICIAL video plugin dll built from RiceDaedalus 5.3.1 with Rice's suggested fix for ZeldaMM intro and colored Zelda logo.

Awsome, thanks ALOT! :)

-Shadow-

Banned
WOW! The flame effect in Zelda are also drawn with color !
@ Rice : Go on with ya work you are about to make the best plugin ever !

Zuzma

Rice: Is the problem with radeons and direct3d the same one as the sega model 2 emulator nebula? In the readme for it Elsemi said that radeons don't support TLVERTEXCLIP in direct3d mode and it looks almost like the same problem your video plugin has.

sorry, here's a link to the emulator: http://nebula.emulatronia.com/

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I only played a few minutes, but it sure does look like the same problem to me. Elsemi appears to have added a workaround and not a fix though. I'm no programmer so I can't verify for sure that this is what effects your plugin Rice, but may be worth looking into or maybe not. :shrug:

quote from Nebula MODEL 2 TEST version

KNOWN PROBLEMS
- ATI video cards don't support TLVERTEXCLIP direct3d capability, to workaround this
problem, set ATIClipWorkaround=1 in nebula.ini renderer section.

LINK

rippon

The unofficial build fixes a metric crap top of glitches in Beetle Adventure Racing, particularly on the Inferno Island level, which previously would flash between regular and inverse colors, and had mostly black and white foliage. Now it just seems to have un-lit textures randomly. Looks odd, but not nearly as distracting. But anyway, the unofficial fix made it a LOT better.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Interesting Development in the ATI problem, here's hoping it is infact the same issue and it can be resolved in a similar fasion

Gladiac0190

Hmmm, FzeroX goes down to 1fps in track selection screen on my G4 ti4200. Is this my fault or is this a bug by the plugin? Settings are set to default...

-Shadow-

Banned
Ive got exactly the same problem....

And by the way , ive found an effect in Zelda MM that could PROBABLY need a pixel shader...
It's the Bubbles that Deku-Link can shoot . It has an Enviroment map on it and it is transparent at the same time on my n64 . But on the emulator , the bubbles are either transparent or enviroment - mapped . Ive seen this effect only in DX8 games so I think it's a pixel shader effect (or it has to be emulated by P-S).

Clements

Gladiac0190 said:
Hmmm, FzeroX goes down to 1fps in track selection screen on my G4 ti4200. Is this my fault or is this a bug by the plugin? Settings are set to default...

Bug in Rice's Daedalus AFAIK. Use Glide64 or Jabo's instead.

Neophyte

Hmmmm. It seems that I've run into a bit of trouble trying to run it. When I go to change the settings in PJ 64 I get an error that says, "This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." Then after I click Okay I get another error message that says, "Failed to load plugin: "C:\unzipped\plugin\RiceDaedalus5.3.0.dll" Then my settings window pops up as if nothing happened. However, I can't find Rice's plug-in in the drop down menu for the video plug-ins.

It appears that a required .dll for the plug-in is missing from the .zip file. Does anyone have it or can post a link to it?

Oh, and C:\unzipped is where I store PJ 64. Hence, the C:\unzipped\plug-in folder. :)