What's new

Real shaders are here. Cel & Bloom

VinnyC

Here, I did some comparison videos if anyone cares.

Federelli vs Original
Federelli w/ Shaders vs Original
Federelli vs Dijipi

Last edited:

Will needs help

Hacker... NOT cracker, ok?
This is strange. I managed to get all shaders to work perfectly before, but now it refuses to. I followed the same steps VinnyC gave, but now the emu just crashes without error messages. Was wanting to be greedy and run Cel shading with one of these bloom mods:

http://boris-vorontsov.narod.ru/index_en.html

They do actaully work If you use 6.1.3dx9 and I've noticed no problems or loss of performance. The bloom actually looks nice too.

an0n4

I'm currently using Mudlord's shader pack. Anyone have any suggestions for what shaders look best with Djipi's cel-shaded pack (playing with the cel-shader right now, toon shaders don't work right)? Suggestions for a good shader to accompany the community hi-res pack would also be appreciated.

Doesn anyone else have their framerate get totally destroyed by these shaders though? The system I'm testing with (Athlon 64 3200+, 1GB RAM, GeForce 6200) becomes unplayable past 640x480. Not a huge deal though, will be switching over to my MacBook Pro once I find a texture pack and shader setup I like.

H

h4tred

Hello,

People could easily write a shader to go along with the pack. :)
I'm currently pondering rewriting some things in the DLL, like a proper config utility at least. As well as a HLSL shader editor (if I could get shaders recompiled in realtime, I'd be happy as then shaders can be authored much more easily).

Will needs help

Hacker... NOT cracker, ok?
@anon4

(Athlon 64 3200+, 1GB RAM, GeForce 6200)

I think that would be the reason, all right. I used to have a 6200TC and it couldn't cope with much more than 1024x768 with no anti-aliasing or hirez textures.

an0n4

Yeah, that's what I figured. It's not a big deal as I won't be using that machine for when I actually play the game, but it makes testing shaders a little more difficult.

Can mudlord's shaders be toggled on and off via a key like the ENBseries can?

woohoo7

Hello :)
anyone can upload all the files by cdiddy7?
i was trying, but there is no shaders in his filefront directory :(
any files from this topic and about N64 shaders are very appreciated too, cos recently i got a system crash and lost everything :(
RE4 shaders are welcome too! :) with txt instructions if possible)
please upload anything!!! :) rapidshare or anywhere else) it is not "heavy", but it will be helpful for a lot of people who missed these great shaders :)

MAST3R_INF3RN0

hey, i followed all of the directions perfectly over and over but when i play OoT all i get is the normal graphics but the letters of text are really big and centered on the screen. does anybody know why the shaders arent working and why this is happening? thanks.

MAST3R_INF3RN0

idk how to "professionally" post specs. but here we go:

Microsoft Windows XP Pro
Manufacturer: VIA Technologies
Processor: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.26GHz
Memory: 640MB RAM
DirectX: 9.0c

Video Card (i think..) : NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440-SE
Approx Memory: 64 MB

Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll

idk if this will help pinpoint the problem or not. maybe its my specs they might be ..not good (?) or sumthin. if somebody can help then thanks

MAST3R_INF3RN0

yea thats what i figured. even when i try to choose pixel shading its says my video cars does not support pixel shading. and my card was not good enough to run Condemned Criminal Origins.. oh well. does anyone know how much a decent card installation runs for?

MAST3R_INF3RN0

yea thats what i figured. even when i try to choose pixel shading its says my video cars does not support pixel shading. and my card was not good enough to run Condemned Criminal Origins.. oh well. does anyone know how much a decent card installation runs for?

MAST3R_INF3RN0

oh.. ok. ill look into this stuff when/if i get a new one.

i mean, you would think the specs wouldn't need to be that good to comprehend a simple shader,no?

A Legend

Im new here and i just tried out all the shaders they look awesome especially the Bloom and HDR shader but i waswondering whether there was any way to combine the shaders for example combining bloom/HDR with sharpen and can this work with the old DX9 Dolphin plugin