What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

orbital

great

who would believe it is nearly 10 years ago when we were playing these games for the first time.:matrix:
this is the first time ive tried the emulator nice piece of kit.
You wouldnt beleive how much money i spent on the 64 and the games:angry: .
good work to the makers

geninlv1

The frame buffer effect emulated yet w/ the default plugin?
This thing is a reall piece of work, and I look forward on trying this out on all my games.

~Guys rock!

djlarz

13 000 roms and growing...
Does anyone know when 1.7 will be released for the public? I read at the official website that it's only available for donators. I would've donated if I weren't broke lol.:bouncy:

peteman

djlarz said:
Does anyone know when 1.7 will be released for the public? I read at the official website that it's only available for donators. I would've donated if I weren't broke lol.:bouncy:
Read the post above, as quoted below. That I believe is accurate until further notice.
Clements said:
Not for a long while. To participate in testing, you must donate.

maf

Web-crawler
MiretanK.O said:
yeah, the version 1.6 is really good but there some games i still play in 1.5 like iss98. i don't why but iss98 crashes in 1.6 saying that "failed to load a word" (???). but 1.6 runs blast corps better and seems more stable than other versions and emulators.

Hi, I've just returned to N64 emulation after a few years away. I was happy to see Project64 1.6 released last year; at least now I have a PC good enough to run the games better :)

I saw the "failed to load word" error playing ISS '98, and the Notes in the emulator suggesting the (E) ROM instead. What exactly is the "Region issue"? or is it just a bad dump of the (U) ROM? Thanks.

Nice work, it's good to see the excellent emulator still going strong.

Clements

It works almost perfectly here. Played through 80% of the game in 1.6 with only 1 minor problem (which is a known issue).

stephane1122

All-Star Baseball 2000 and 2001

Hi, i have a big issue with All-Star baseball 2000 (U) [!], All-Star baseball 2000 (E) [!], and All-Star baseball 2001 (U) [!] when playing on PJ64 1.6.

The game freeze randomly during a game (not in the menus,home run derby...) and it can't be recovered (Pause and UnPause trick doesn't help).

Is there another way of fixing this problem ?

I have Intell Pentium M 1,7Ghz, 768Mo RAM
ATI Radeon 7500
22Go free on C drive

Could you help me please, as those games rock !! (from the few innings i managed to play...)

ps:same issue with 1964 emulator

Thanks

Semester

Silent
Something to tell...

Gotta say this version is really excellent. I don't need to worry about the roms that I couldn't play before.

To see Simplified Chinese in the languages makes me rather pleased. However, I feel sorry for the file as soos as I finished using the file --- it's not the way we Chinese use!

So I edited the file and now have uploaded it. Wish you can get more progress and good luck.

Semester Wong

Shpongled

News Junkie
Hello, I've been using 1964 for the past few years, but have decided to give this Emulator a try for the first time.

Can anyone please suggest some good plugins that would go with this program and my NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT video card?

Please PM me, I have a hard time keeping track of which threads I post in. :) Thanks in advance!

Shpongled

News Junkie
Agozer said:
The default plugins.

Amazing, I just tried all the default plugins and things worked better than I could have imagined! I didn't need to download 10 different ones in order to mix and match, and I'm getting a higher FPS than I was with 1964. WOOHOO! :bouncy: Also, the "foreground textures(?)" like the menus and HUDs look very clear!

I think my favorite part about this emulator is the "GameFAQ" which holds the list of various problems... SUPERB JOB!

:pj64: !!!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Shpongled said:
I think my favorite part about this emulator is the "GameFAQ" which holds the list of various problems... SUPERB JOB!
Yeah, amazing isn't it? Too bad not many people read it.