What's new

Project64 1.6 Released!

CF2

Pretends to make sense
Yellow Elf said:
Everthing else works just fine,camspy etc,its just the way i'm getting an IR image of Banjo Tooie which I'm sure can't be right.
OMG LOLZORZ TEH STOP N SWOP!!!
</brain damaged>
Yeah, sounds like something isn't being emulated, so the gpu plugin is just displaying the last rendered texture in the buffer.

Last edited:

Mark30001

Banned
Well, thats good for me

Like a year ago, I had wanted to continue the Emulator's progress, but I didn't want to continue it using the source code from v1.4. I had tried emailing the original creators, but their emails never worked! Now, I see that it has already been continued. That's good!

gandalf

Member ready to help
where´s that IR thing......

so, anyone cares of the problem with my fx 5200 and perfect dark, camspy DOESN´T WORK!!!!
DRIVERS ARE 71.84

Poobah

The sad thing about this is that they might go dead again and abandon the emulator without releasing the source :(.

RadeonUser

Poobah said:
The sad thing about this is that they might go dead again and abandon the emulator without releasing the source :(.

I guess no one saw that 1.4 source was released years ago... That would definitely explain the lack of interest in the source and the lack of 3rd party modifications on the 1.4 source... 1.5 after all only had support for an additional handful of games and slightly improved cheat support but nothing major otherwise...

If PJ64 1.6 truly goes dead then it shall. If the need for the source is genuine and absolutely needed then I see no reason for it to not be out. My point here is... PJ64 was believed to be dead before and yet no one had picked up the source to bring improvements to it, what would make this time different from that time?

Anyhow, this is a thread relating to the release of PJ64 1.6, not a talk on the significance of the source on the scene... and I've gone way off topic now with my own opinion on the matter.

OP
Z

zilmar

Emulator Developer
There has been at least 15,000 copies of the source been downloaded. I know about the work done for 1.5, excluding that. I know hotquik has done work with adding in net support and he has done a great job there, but it also not a complete solution as it would take a lot more changes then he has done to get things to stay in sync, maybe someday I will tackle that problem.

The greatest use of the source so far has been the porting to Xbox,, but really there has not been many changes and nothing that I can see to validate releasing the source code for.

RadeonUser said:
I guess no one saw that 1.4 source was released years ago... That would definitely explain the lack of interest in the source and the lack of 3rd party modifications on the 1.4 source... 1.5 after all only had support for an additional handful of games and slightly improved cheat support but nothing major otherwise...

If PJ64 1.6 truly goes dead then it shall. If the need for the source is genuine and absolutely needed then I see no reason for it to not be out. My point here is... PJ64 was believed to be dead before and yet no one had picked up the source to bring improvements to it, what would make this time different from that time?

Anyhow, this is a thread relating to the release of PJ64 1.6, not a talk on the significance of the source on the scene... and I've gone way off topic now with my own opinion on the matter.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
bug: framebuffer doesn't work on mario kart 64, if you follow the instructions in the game faq the silly little screen in the first track stays black, not really a big deal but i thought it was worth pointing out. Might be driver related.

I was unable to get pokemon snap to work with the framebuffer earlier as well.

Doom 64's notes say to look at the gamefaq, its not even mentioned in the gamefaq :p - video seemed fine to me.

I also totally agree with Zilmar, I have seen zero interest in Project64 1.4's source apart from maybe the netplay one that zilmar mentioned. I see no need for source code to be released. However saying that, I also do not see why it would hurt to release it. Sure it'd suck up bandwidth ;)

Last edited:

olivieryuyu

zilmar said:
There has been at least 15,000 copies of the source been downloaded. I know about the work done for 1.5, excluding that. I know hotquik has done work with adding in net support and he has done a great job there, but it also not a complete solution as it would take a lot more changes then he has done to get things to stay in sync, maybe someday I will tackle that problem.

The greatest use of the source so far has been the porting to Xbox,, but really there has not been many changes and nothing that I can see to validate releasing the source code for.

Azimer requests the source for ages now and i don't think that he won't do nothing with it. he want to improve his Audiofix based on his audio plugin and PJ64 (for the moment 1.4).

(see this recent thread: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=26516&page=1&pp=15)

May be only for him the source of 1.5 could be revealed, isn't it ?

BTW the improvements in timings in some games (as Hydrothuinder) doesn't affect all the games that need it.is there a option to help those games ?

Anyway many thanks for your great emulator. And Jabo did a great job on his plugin for sure

:)

Last edited:

ggab

Emutalk Member
and lastest Jabo D3D8 1.6 plugin's source?

i guess, knowing the code, will help a lot to, maybe can solve some limitations / issues in others video plugins...

he has improved it with nice new features :) :
* CBFD lights
* Powerpuff Girls, The - Chemical X-traction: Blender/transparent polygons
* KI menu support
* Mario Tennis's frame buffers emulation (at least for me, gameplay is quite faster with v1.6)
* Pilot Wings: Bad shadow (can be avoided with Laughy's cheat)
* Perfect Dark: lens/corona flare

ScottJC said:
bug: framebuffer doesn't work on mario kart 64, if you follow the instructions in the game faq the silly little screen in the first track stays black, not really a big deal but i thought it was worth pointing out. Might be driver related.

I was unable to get pokemon snap to work with the framebuffer earlier as well.
did u enabled "Copy framebuffer to RDRAM" in advanced config?

for mkart64, i can see (very slow) the little TV screen correctly :)

PS: Jabo 1.6 is simple amazing! i've tested more games and i'm vey happy, even in a voodoo4 it looks really really great! thanks Jabo for your work ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Z

zilmar

Emulator Developer
Azimer and me have enougth contact that I am sure we can work out something

olivieryuyu said:
Azimer requests the source for ages now and i don't think that he won't do nothing with it. he want to improve his Audiofix based on his audio plugin and PJ64 (for the moment 1.4).

(see this recent thread: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=26516&page=1&pp=15)

May be only for him the source of 1.5 could be revealed, isn't it ?

BTW the improvements in timings in some games (as Hydrothuinder) doesn't affect all the games that need it.is there a option to help those games ?

Anyway many thanks for your great emulator. And Jabo did a great job on his plugin for sure

:)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
ggab said:
did u enabled "Copy framebuffer to RDRAM" in advanced config?

for mkart64, i can see (very slow) the little TV screen correctly :)

PS: Jabo 1.6 is simple amazing! i've tested more games and i'm vey happy, even in a voodoo4 it looks really really great! thanks Jabo for your work ;)
"Copy framebuffer to RDRAM" is in the gamefaq so... yes.

I would've thought it would be obvious by now that I know what i am doing...

It doesn't really make a blind bit of difference in either roms.

Last edited:

grasfresser

Project64 1.6 - Push the button

Hi to @ll,

i guess everyone of you who reads this post, must be some sort of...video game addicted...however....I had the chance to try pj64 since version 1.4, and it was astonishing!! I was happy about it! May all of you know that perfection is something crucial and important in the video games business, and now this perfection makes its way to the emulation scene, to the pj64 programmers and their testers.
It is nice to see, how slightly pj64 improved, first to 1.5, then 1.51, and now 1.6. I wouldnt say that this wasnt a great change for here to then, but it is incredible how you improved this emulator with steady endurance. Not announcing this with big trumpets. It may seem at first glance that nothing much improved. But if you care, and I do, you recognize the little changes. They seem not much, but they seems to lead to a "certain" perfection (in case the original game and its emulation), and even more to an enhanced playability making use of modern PC Hardware.
Even if you own the console, you might consider playing the emulated version, just in order to"see".
You have achieved a certain fame in the emulation scene with PJ, and 1.6 is another good reason therefore. Future programmers wont be able to step into your shoes, without proving fucking good abilities.
Maybe someday we´ll talk about different emulators just as we do today about Rembrandt, Dali and Monet, just with passion. More than Thanks to you, folks.
Theres so much more to say about PJ1.6, but I let it go for now...
:bouncy:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Aga, Zilmar is here!
First, thanks for this great release! I haven’t played with it much, but some improvements are obvious :)
Second, I have a question for you. As I see, Dr.Mario works fine now and menus in Castlevania too. This means that you have extended your video plugin specifications with some functions to notify video plugin about frame buffer usage from the core side. I guess it is something similar to schibo/Rice extensions, implemented in 1964 v0.9.9, but not the same. Could you open for us these extensions, so other plugin authors could use them too?

seam

ScottJC said:
"Copy framebuffer to RDRAM" is in the gamefaq so... yes.

I would've thought it would be obvious by now that I know what i am doing...

It doesn't really make a blind bit of difference in either roms.

works for me, but its slow as hell.

OP
Z

zilmar

Emulator Developer
Gonetz said:
Aga, Zilmar is here!
First, thanks for this great release! I haven’t played with it much, but some improvements are obvious :)
Second, I have a question for you. As I see, Dr.Mario works fine now and menus in Castlevania too. This means that you have extended your video plugin specifications with some functions to notify video plugin about frame buffer usage from the core side. I guess it is something similar to schibo/Rice extensions, implemented in 1964 v0.9.9, but not the same. Could you open for us these extensions, so other plugin authors could use them too?

actually there is nothing done here .. jabo has done it all in his own plugin

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
seam said:
works for me, but its slow as hell.
Don't for me, what video hardware do you have... ATI or nvidia? I want to know if this is just me experiencing this problem or all ati cards.

I pretty much know my video card is capable of anything a plugin could throw at it, its quite a recent card and it sure as heck was expensive.

Last edited:

Poobah

zilmar said:

That's actually the main reason I would like to see the source for 1.6 or at least 1.5 released. Why do you want people to have to reinvent the wheel (the three years of work between 1.4 and 1.6) in order to port it?

Last edited:

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Poobah said:
That's actually the main reason I would like to see the source for 1.6 or at least 1.5 released. Why do you want people to have to reinvent the wheel (the three years of work between 1.4 and 1.6) in order to port it?

He doesn't. He simply said that the source HAS been released for 1.4 and NO ONE has done anything decent with it but port it over. So again why bother when its not going to be worked on??? They might as well just work on it themselves. Also as Zilmar stated, nothing from the core has changed, just jabo's plugin.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
grand master said:
He doesn't. He simply said that the source HAS been released for 1.4 and NO ONE has done anything decent with it but port it over. So again why bother when its not going to be worked on??? They might as well just work on it themselves.
It is silly to wait that somebody will improve YOUR code. Usually sources released to help other developers fix problem, which you have already solved. Video plugins sources were released more or less often, and I’m sure all plugins developers have benefit from it (including Jabo).