What's new

project 64 issues

OP
U

Ultimatium

Way to butter people up who might actually be able to help you. The irony is that you were dead set against your previous issue being a problem with your system's configuration, but now that you have a new graphics card, the problem you were having has evidently disappeared.

For the pausing issue, try Glide64. For the freezing issue, you may have to get more specific about when it happens, but make sure you have an up-to-date RDB.

Thanks, but that guy clearly only wanted to start a regular flamewar on the internet. I have no interest in weird stuff like that. When i download glide 64 the options where you change resolution and stuff like that is completely different so it is difficult for me to use. Also what is RDB? Sorry, i am no expert in software. The problems with freezing happened 3 times in a row at the excact same location, when you empty the well at the cutscene is played, the game freezes. It just freezed and you need to close project 64 and open again.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Thanks, but that guy clearly only wanted to start a regular flamewar on the internet. I have no interest in weird stuff like that.
Ah, and that's why you didn't respond in kind, right? ;)

When i download glide 64 the options where you change resolution and stuff like that is completely different so it is difficult for me to use.
It's not that complicated. Set windowed and fullscreen resolutions to your desired settings, and make sure frame buffer emulation is enabled in the Emulation settings tab. (Check the Show advanced emulation options box and reopen the graphics plugin configuration to show the Emulation settings tab.) The defaults should be fine for everything else.

Also what is RDB? Sorry, i am no expert in software. The problems with freezing happened 3 times in a row at the excact same location, when you empty the well at the cutscene is played, the game freezes. It just freezed and you need to close project 64 and open again.
ROM Database. It contains configuration fixes for a variety of games. AFAIK this is the latest. Extract the file into PJ64's folder, overwriting the one that's already there.

OP
U

Ultimatium

Ah, and that's why you didn't respond in kind, right? ;)

It's not that complicated. Set windowed and fullscreen resolutions to your desired settings, and make sure frame buffer emulation is enabled in the Emulation settings tab. (Check the Show advanced emulation options box and reopen the graphics plugin configuration to show the Emulation settings tab.) The defaults should be fine for everything else.

ROM Database. It contains configuration fixes for a variety of games. AFAIK this is the latest. Extract the file into PJ64's folder, overwriting the one that's already there.

I see, thanks for clarifying toasty.

, i have now downloaded the latest version of RDB that Clements linked to, and i have installed it by copying/overwrite i to the root folder. Correct?

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultimatium

If by root folder you mean the one that PJ64 resides in, then yes. :)

Yes that is it. I am going to download Glide 64 and install it, hopefully the blinking/pausing issue will be fixed with it so ocarina of time will run perfectly. Update: i installed Glide64 "Napalm WX" Release 1 and the blinding flash in Ocarina of Time is now gone, yay! :) Well bad news, the game still crashes. :( Also, the graphics are bad in comparison to the other plugin. Update: i installed Glide64 "Napalm WX" Release 1 and the blinding flash in Ocarina of Time is now gone, yay! Well bad news, the game still crashes. Also, the graphics are bad in comparison to the other plugin.

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultimatium

Make sure you have a good ROM and avoid using save states. Define "bad".

I see, thanks toasty, although im not sure how to check if i have a good rom?

• I am not using save states.
  • The graphics quality in general is poor in comparison to Jabo's Direct graphics.
  • Sometimes when i pause the game, the graphics messes up and distorts into various colours.

I am running windows vista.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
There's probably a better way, but make sure the MD5 hash of your ROM matches one of the ones on this page. If you don't know how to calculate your ROM's MD5 hash, download this, extract it and drag your ROM onto the md5sums.exe file.

"Poor" is no less vague than "bad". (Can you post a screenshot?) Make sure your graphics card drivers are up-to-date.

Clements

Make sure you enable “Motion blur”, “Depth buffer render” and “Hardware frame buffer emulation” with Glide64 with Majora's Mask, as it makes use of all of these features. The colour thing is probably a framebuffer effect not being displayed glitch, as the menu makes use of it. Its also important to have the latest drivers, as the wrapper makes use of OpenGL 2.1, and older or generic drivers won't do a good job.

OP
U

Ultimatium

Make sure you enable “Motion blur”, “Depth buffer render” and “Hardware frame buffer emulation” with Glide64 with Majora's Mask, as it makes use of all of these features. The colour thing is probably a framebuffer effect not being displayed glitch, as the menu makes use of it. Its also important to have the latest drivers, as the wrapper makes use of OpenGL 2.1, and older or generic drivers won't do a good job.

Thanks clement, I'm going to try it out and report back. I didn't mind Jabo's direct, it was working perfectly for me except the pausing issue and the photbox issue. sorry i cant this is not managable for me there are too many options with Glide64 :( too difficult to learn. sorry i cant this is not managable for me there are too many options with Glide64 :( too difficult to learn

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultimatium

It would probably be best if the pausing issue and the photobox issue could be fixed, that way i wouldn't have to use glide64. Also, my save files seems to be working perfectly well now, although i still have them backup on my usb memory stick, just in case. :)

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
Well the way I see it you have three choices:

1. Put up with the imperfections in Jabo's plugin.
2. Wait for the PJ64 devs to get around to fixing those imperfections. (I will give you a big ol' chocolate chip cookie if you can hold your breath from now until that time.)
3. Spend the ~30 seconds it takes to check the appropriate boxes in the plugin that already works practically flawlessly in this game.

OP
U

Ultimatium

I see, so i just need to update the rom database and get the beta version of project 64?

Last edited: