What's new

project 64 issues

lhthien08

I have some proglems
I am using the diji' s zelda cel shading mod but the texture does not change even i follow every step .I tried every ver of LOZ OOT and ... danm it
i use the intel 82815 onboard card and it not support 32bit.Please help me

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Do not use an integrated Intel chip. With those things, you're asking for trouble. Get an actual, decent video card if you want even remotely satisfying results.

OP
U

Ultimatium

Elaborate?

Well, there is way too many settings for me to tweak, i prefered the standard Jabus Direct3D 8.1.6. The graphics are fine, it is just the few graphical glitches such as the pictobox issue in MM and the flashing menu in OoT. Btw, i was able to save my PJ64 game save files, my n64 roms and PJ64 setup on a USB flashdrive, then do a clean format and fresh windows install, and then it still worked. What i did was that i made a folder named Save, in the root folder of PJ64, and then i copy pasted all my save files into that folder. Worked flawlessly, saved me from completing a lot of the games over again =] Does anyone know why it says failed to load plugin? ihave to rebbot each time it does. Also, is it possible to add a libary feature, like i can add all N64 games to my PJ64 and use album art? Keeps saying failed to load plugin, reinstalled, says the same. i choose jabos plugin, fails to load. when i choose another plugin, pj64 crashes. Don't want to waste anymore energy on this emulator, it just plain sucks... gota see if i can find a proper one. Does anyone know why it says failed to load plugin? ihave to rebbot each time it does. Also, is it possible to add a libary feature, like i can add all N64 games to my PJ64 and use album art? Keeps saying failed to load plugin, reinstalled, says the same. i choose jabos plugin, fails to load. when i choose another plugin, pj64 crashes. Don't want to waste anymore energy on this emulator, it just plain sucks... gota see if i can find a proper one

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Keeps saying failed to load plugin, reinstalled, says the same. i choose jabos plugin, fails to load. when i choose another plugin, pj64 crashes. Don't want to waste anymore energy on this emulator, it just plain sucks... gota see if i can find a proper one
Mhmm. Its not Project64, its your computer and the way that it is set up that sucks. If the emulator was causing this problem for more than just a minority (Just you) then maybe you'd have a point.

Your attitude stinks, don't bother posting here anymore - you're utterly clueless and to be quite frank if you think you can do a better job at emulating the n64 go right ahead.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Do not use an integrated Intel chip. With those things, you're asking for trouble. Get an actual, decent video card if you want even remotely satisfying results.

Welp, in Linux, things are different. I actually get good graphics with G33.
(Microsoft may have sabotaged Intel)

Sometimes, I think people just bash Intel graphics, because of the fact that i815 sucked, back in 2001. The i815 (82815) had alpha blending problems and you were required to use 16bpp.

The GMA 3100 (G33) has none of the problems that plagued the 82815.

It don't have the alpha blending issues that the 82815 has and supports 32bpp.

Also, G33 has pixel shader, even though only version 1x.
(Still a gazillion times better than Intel in the pre-2003 dark ages.)

Intel Open GL support is good!

And someone that still has an 82815 needs to be shot. ;)

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultimatium

I have experienced a few more issues while playing ocarina of time.

• During the chapter where you need to save the workers in gerudo valley, the game stops and you need to restart. It happens in the shadow temple as well.

The game is running fine everywhere else except these two locations. Also, the screen flashes/blinks white when i open the menu. Apart from that it is all good. EDIT: and at the well it also freezed, apart from that the game has run perfectly so far. Well, my new hd 5870 is running with no overclocks. It seems to be running everything fine in a 1920x1200 resolution, so i don't see why i would want to overclock it. Also, the temps are around 40c idle and 60c load, so it should be alright. :)

Blame your own system, not Project64.

My system is running fine, i could blame it on it but i don't see what that would help.

I have experienced a few more issues while playing ocarina of time.

1. During the chapter where you need to save the workers in gerudo valley, the game stops and you need to restart. It happens in the shadow temple as well.

The game is running fine everywhere else except these two locations.

Also, the screen flashes/blinks white when i open the menu. Apart from that it is all good.

EDIT: and at the well it also freezed, apart from that the game has run perfectly so far.

=> Possibly the video card being overclocked too much.

Well, my new hd 5870 is running with no overclocks. It seems to be running everything fine in a 1920x1200 resolution, so i don't see why i would want to overclock it. Also, the temperature is around 40c idle, and about 60c during load, so it should be alright. :)

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
I could say the same about you, throwing insults out and blaming peoples system rather than trying to deal with the issues is immature and completely retarded. Your attitude stinks worse than your idiotic post.
Way to butter people up who might actually be able to help you. The irony is that you were dead set against your previous issue being a problem with your system's configuration, but now that you have a new graphics card, the problem you were having has evidently disappeared.

For the pausing issue, try Glide64. For the freezing issue, you may have to get more specific about when it happens, but make sure you have an up-to-date RDB.