What's new

Port of glide wrapper with hardware frame buffer emulation

ziggy

Thanks mudlord. Didn't you write somewhere that you also changed something in the code ? Is that in the archive you provide too ? (I doubt it since the archive is only 1.9Kb)

mudlord

Banned
Didn't you write somewhere that you also changed something in the code?

Yeah, there were just minor tweaks to help prevent texture format swizzling on NVIDIA cards :). Nothing major at all. So, I didn't provide the tweaks. Tho, I must say I didn't do much testing.

Last edited:

dtm

Ziggy stopped development of Glide64 ?

Huh? Is your warranty up? Did you need a refund from the customer service desk? Did he break the service contract you bought from him?

Please don't bother answering; just think. Volunteers are not your servants, they do have lives and varied interests, and you don't help them by bleating.

Last edited:

GarulfoLinux

Huh? Is your warranty up? Did you need a refund from the customer service desk? Did he break the service contract you bought from him?

Please don't bother answering; just think. Volunteers are not your servants, they do have lives and varied interests, and you don't help them by bleating.

hum, you have a stupid reaction. I just want know if the project is stopped or no. Just that. So, stop your anwser whit ways. Thanks.

ziggy

I am not focused on this project anymore, it doesn't mean however I won't continue to work on it at times. Beside, I am not a Glide64 developper, most of what I did was related to the glide wrapper only. And as long as Gonetz do not release source code of newer versions of Glide64 itself, there's little I can do on this front. There's little point for me to do personal improvements in a version of Glide64 that is several years old.

Anyway , why did you ask this question Garulfolinux ? After all, glide64 for linux as reached a certain maturity now, if there are bugs to fix I'll probably look into them, but there doesn't seem to be many bugs left as far as I know. I'm not going to make new releases just for the sake if it if there's nothing new to release in the first place :)

mudlord

Banned
just wondering ziggy, do you have the Windows wrapper RC4 code?

Due to the new GlideHQ filtering module, the filters in the wrapper can now be removed. I'm just wondering, since I could remove the filters, if I have the updated source, if thats ok :).

ziggy

just wondering ziggy, do you have the Windows wrapper RC4 code?
Sure, but didn't I release it already ? It was some time ago so I forgot a bit, but if the latest source release doesn't correspond to RC4, then I'll release it soon.

Due to the new GlideHQ filtering module, the filters in the wrapper can now be removed. I'm just wondering, since I could remove the filters, if I have the updated source, if thats ok :).

Well, the filtering code is still useful in the linux version, and it doesn't do any harm to keep it anyway.

Legend

Well, the filtering code is still useful in the linux version, and it doesn't do any harm to keep it anyway.

Well :)....
1. There could be some harm if users enable these filters AND the HQ filters. That would produce very slow gameplay.

2. There will be many questions about the difference between these 2 sets of filters. Many questions....

3. They might just enable the wrapper's filters (which are useless now) when they should be using the HQ filters as they are much better and faster. Especially when the wrapper will support compression.

4. We're trying to get rid of junk in the Glide64 option boxes and the wrapper's filter section make a total of 3 places for "filters". That's not user-friendly at all and my hopes are to make Glide64 more accessable to everyone.

So I strongly want these filters removed. But I think a good comprimise would be to have a Linux version and a Windows version. I think since statistically 97% of the wrapper users are using a PC, we should cater to them first and then the linux users. Though saying that in this thread will surely get me in trouble. :saddam:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Removing texture filters from the wrapper is currently senseless. GlideHQ is a prototype, which does not supported by the main version of the plugin. People still may need these filters for use with the main version. Filters can be removed from Linux version of Glide64, but GlideHQ must be ported to Linux first.
In future versions of the wrapper the filters will be removed of course.

ziggy

I have been a lot away lastly (was on holidays) and when I went back I didn't have any good internet connection. So basically I haven't followed everything that's happened lastly.

I had a look, Mudlord is right, I didn't release the source code that corresponds to the win32 wrapper RC4 on emuxhaven, so here it is, sorry for the long delay.

It is v12, the only difference with v11 if I remember right is that is fixes some rare depth bias issues.

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
Thanks for the code ziggy :). I really appreciate it :)

It is v12, the only difference with v11 if I remember right is that is fixes some rare depth bias issues.

Yeah, I remember you fixing up the issues that ATI and NVIDIA cards had with OGL depth bias in some games, and tinkering to find a correct value for both.

Eck

Hey,

I've installed the Mupen64 package from the Build Service repository onto OpenSUSE 10.3. The program works fine but this particular package comes without the Glide64 plugin.

After years of wondering what to do with the wonder plus package to get it to build a plugin, I noticed that version 12 has an install instruction that all that is needed it to run make and place the created plugin and the associated ini file into the Mupen64 plugin folder.

Neither the version 11 nor 12 versions create an ini file however. When I placed the Glide64.so into the /usr/share/mupen64/plugins folder and ran the program, the GUI appeared and I could select the Glide64 plugin and the configuration GUI worked as well.

But when attempting to run a game an error message appears stating that something is not part of the ini and so will use currently selected option.

I must close Mupen64 to get rid of the error message GUI box as OK doesn't do it.

When checking in my home folder's ./mupen64/plugins I saw that a Glide64.ini file had been created and that the Glide64.so file also had been placed in there.

But the plugin will not start any games in this condition. There is supposed to be a Glide64.ini file for me to copy along with the Glide64.so but there is none.

I switched mupen64 back to the glN64 plugin and deleted the Glide64 stuff since it doesn't work.

I have used the normal extracted Mupen64 version that gets placed into the home folder before and that original Glide64 works fine, but I would like to see the improvements in the newer version.

Is there something I need to do to get that ini file created so I can copy it to the plugins folder as instructed at the end of the Make process? There just isn't any in there and the one created when attempting to run a game using Glide64 apparently does not do whatever needs to be done to run games.

smcd

Not sure about it, but you might can copy the .ini from the Windows edition of glide64 and use it with the linux one?