People may not be aware that there are other GC emus around. Here's two:

Dolwin (April 9)
Ninphin (April 15)

FAKE:
Cubextender
Gamecube XP

Last edited:

BlackJaguar

All in all it will take those other emus a while untill they reach where dolphin is at right now. Sure they are all promosing emus, but still they they are not at the level that dolphin is at right now. (This is all based on my observations) Anyways, most of them have had help from the Dolphin team.

Villela

Dolwin is a great emu, not only for the level of emulation it haves, and not too much for be an open source emulator but for all the docs that comes with the source of the emulator.

It seens that org, dolwin main coder, is making a how-to emulate GC, explaining many things about dolwin hardware(the docs that comes with dolwin source)

Eyedentity

Emu technician
I didn't try dolwin and im not going to try it , ill stick to this because of what i have seen is really impressive in both evolution and "teamwork".

romsman

Banned
there's one good thing about dolwin, it supports memory cards.
I hope that one day dolphin will support them too (but dolphin is still the best)

Last edited:

Villela

Kiantsu, Dolwin doens't run comercial games yet, only animal crossing and bust a move initial logos, btw the level of homebrew emulation is nice, the suport to run comercial games seens to be new, maybe in not much time it will run comercial games nice :)

BTW of course Dolphin is the best option now, and probably for much more time, anyway keep your eyes at Dolwin ;)

kage

Vegetable said:
There's another gamecube emulator, it's really awesome. It's called incubator.

Where have you heard about this from Veg? I've looked all over and the only info I can find about incubators and Gamecube lead me to sites that have nothing to do with emu's. A link maybe?

:ninja:

Quvack

kage said:
Where have you heard about this from Veg? I've looked all over and the only info I can find about incubators and Gamecube lead me to sites that have nothing to do with emu's. A link maybe?

:ninja:

Vegetable was just being stupid, Again.

OP
D

DOGG

Vegetable

Banned
DOGG, why the hell do you hate me so much? Geez, I tested "emulator" it doesn't have a virus or anything in it. Come on, why would I want anyone to be infected other than pirates?

OP
D

DOGG

Vegetable said:
DOGG, why the hell do you hate me so much? Geez, I tested "emulator" it doesn't have a virus or anything in it. Come on, why would I want anyone to be infected other than pirates?

I dont hate you. But i reckon when you post fake screenshots of games and fake emulators (with possible trojans), you certainly arent helping anyone. It's definitely not good for your reputation

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Up to this point I don't know if you both noticed that cubextender is a known fake.

You should remember that the name of this forum is "Dolphin" not "bad made jokes". It's good to have humour here and there, but this has got annoying already :(

Last edited: