What's new

November- What game are you waiting for?

What November game are you waiting for?

• Half-Life 2

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • Halo 2

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • LOTR: Battle for Middle Earth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Metroid Prime 2

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Need for Speed: Underground 2

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • GTA: San Andreas

• World of WarCraft

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Prince of Persia 2

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Zelda: The Minish Cap

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Super Mario 64 DS

• Total voters

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
2fast4u said:
feck, 98%? that would mean hl2 is nearly the perfect game ... smells of a certain lack of objectivity imho. with overhyped games like hl2 theres often the problem that the mags tend to consequently ignore the games issues and rather express fanboy-ism. doom3, diablo2, ... you name it. its happened quite often in recent time :plain:

* 2fast4u goes read some reviews
Our magz don't hype that game so much! Okay, PC Actions has a 10 pages test, but "only" 94 %! But it's definitely a great game, want see some pics of the HL1 remake! Could be a great game, too! But please, then in the new version let me skip the beginning!! :)

Dr.Calypso

Hmm, quite a hard decision....
HL² is a game i'm still waiting for and it's gonna be really good aswell in my opinion.
Halo2 will rock too and NFSU2 is also gonna be something to have your fun with^^
But my vote goes to HL²

BTW: Final Fantasy XI rocks imho, don't know why so many people complain about it *shrug*...but tastes differ, so...

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I dislike FF XI because it doesn't take paypal, therefore I cannot get online! GRR!!! Nay I say.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Specifically (don't worry, only illegal to post screenshots and such from the magazine):

98%
HIGHS
Everything: graphics, plot, gameplay. It's what experts have been predicting for this medium.
LOWS
Squadmates sometimes get in your way; low-res textures in huge outdoor scenes
BOTTOM LINE
Surpasses Half-Life in every way. Arguably the best game ever made.

I'd advise buying the December issue of PC Gamer to get the bird's eye low down on specifics. ;)
- Modem

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
PC Gamer are the biggest bunch of fuckwads on the planet, their word is worth about as much as a pile of cat crap.

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Mainly Half Life 2, although Halo 2 looks interesting as well. Prince of Persia on the other hand, if we're judging it by the demo, might be the shittiest sequel of all time.

2fast4u

on a related note, i just pre-ordered paper mario 2. european release date to be 12th november. excessive time wasting here i come.

smcd

2fast4u said:
on a related note, i just pre-ordered paper mario 2. european release date to be 12th november. excessive time wasting here i come.

The new paper mario makes me want to save up for a gcube... looks interesting.

Ly Mathews

I don't like Castlevania
Am i the only one waiting for Mario Power Tennis? I can't wait to play that game! Zelda is incredible too, playing it now(the japanese one). :D