What's new

Nintendo DS revealed?

sheik124

Emutalk Member
lmao, gotta love the name for the mario game, Mario 64x4, hehehe, reminds of of some truck :) but i have to agree its way too fucking bland looking, and um, just so ya know, i had a big-ass photo print of the PSP pics revealed at E3 not too long ago running amuck at my high school, everyone was gawking at it, then when i told them its was set to debut in the 300-400 dollar price range and that it had 2 hour battery life, they all said "fuck sony, im gettin a DS" makes me feel happy, bwahaha
i thought DS was going to come out at 129.99? and i hope Sonic DS is got, although that Project Rub concoction sega is making seems a bit farfetched

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
sheik124 said:
lmao, gotta love the name for the mario game, Mario 64x4, hehehe, reminds of of some truck :) but i have to agree its way too fucking bland looking, and um, just so ya know, i had a big-ass photo print of the PSP pics revealed at E3 not too long ago running amuck at my high school, everyone was gawking at it, then when i told them its was set to debut in the 300-400 dollar price range and that it had 2 hour battery life, they all said "fuck sony, im gettin a DS" makes me feel happy, bwahaha
i thought DS was going to come out at 129.99? and i hope Sonic DS is got, although that Project Rub concoction sega is making seems a bit farfetched
sony's vice-president said (on their conference) that battery life of PSP will be of 10 hours....... with that screen........ thay will lauch movies (using Sony ATRAC format), an GPS and a Keyboard....... muahahaha...... GPS..... you will never be lost in this world........

and USB connection.... you can get software updates for example... or cheats....... via PC....

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Riiiiiiiiiiight... 10 hours... for that beast. Yeah, right.
And that thingy will prolly cost LOTS of money. And who needs a GPS? =/ I don't think people buy those for the GPS.
Bad bad sony.

revl8er

That Damn Good
I don't give a damn about a gps, the only reason anybody really would buy the thing is for the games. Don't get me wrong, I am a sony fan but they need to rethink their plans on the psp. I think the price is probably gonna be too high because of all the things it can do and I won't expect the battery life to be over 6 hours.

I like the idea of the two screens on the DS, but I think it will take some time to get used to. I like the games coming out for both handhelds, but I still say that it's too early to decide which one will come out on top.

Nighty0

Gentoo n00b
Reuters Press , May 11:
The PSP uses Wi-Fi wireless networking and has battery life from 2 hours to 10 hours depending on usage.
2 to 10 hours is really........ f*ck......
i see in the future of the PSP the most first accessory.............external battery..... with 0,5Kg...... huahuahauahua :icecream: :ala: :huh: :yawn:

IDG Now! Brazil , May 12:
The PSP will offer too a lot of new options in connectivity, like USB 2.0, wireless and infra-red. Sony said that the gamer will can use from USB cameras to GPS, connected to the console.
and battery is gone..... :)

anyone have a list of the first games to be launched with NDS?
Sony have their, but nintendo not showed their list.....
only some screens of Metroid, Mario64x4, that chat program, WarioWare, but not about if these games will be relesed with the handheld.....

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
PSP seems to have better hardware than DS but DS has longer battery life and two screens plus the touch screen feature...
I personaly prefer playing Mario kart for some hours rather than playing Gran turismo and be afraid that the battery will be empty in the middle of the game.

2fast4u

those mario screenshots look absolutely stunning. looks like there is some nice software coming our way then.

on another note, i cant quite understand why both ninty and sony took the original gba design as basis for their consoles. the sp design is way superior at least imo.

Doomulation

Hell no, when you think about it, it isn't.
Take, for example, castlevania saria of arrow. There's a neat little ability to run fast with the R button. While running, you might also jump. How's this possible on the gba sp? Practically impossible, I'd say. Think of all games that would use this? The GBA SP design makes it impossible; hence why I've always decided for a normal GBA instead of the sp. Good choice ninty, I say.

2fast4u

unless you push the a and b buttons with your index finger .. which i doubt .. i dont see how that is a problem.

Doomulation

It becomes an issue if you do use the controller in such a way. Doing the design as sp pretty much makes this kind of thing impossible. Remember the gba only had two buttons. One for jump and one for fight? Then what for run?

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Mystic Gohan said:
I don't give a damn about a gps

ever thought the gps may be used for games? Something like gaming + geocaching?

of course, Im just speculating, just like the rest of you

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
Doomulation said:
It becomes an issue if you do use the controller in such a way. Doing the design as sp pretty much makes this kind of thing impossible. Remember the gba only had two buttons. One for jump and one for fight? Then what for run?

If I'm not mistaken, the GBA SP has two triggers just like its predecessor.

2fast4u

gba_buttons.jpg

exactly. unless you are missing a few fingers, you have no point here doom.

GogoTheMimic

Pimpin' Red Mage
According to my sources at EB Games, the PSP will retail for 299.99 and the DS will be 199.99. In the event that either price is wrong and someone pays the full amount in a preorder, they will obviously get it for the cheaper price. I think the PSP is going to blow. 2 hour battery life, CD based, bleh. For one, it's going to be a lot more delicate, the games may skip if you move it too much, the discs can get scratched to hell in transportation, the battery life is HORRIBLE since the media must be spun to be read, I don't know... :/

revl8er

That Damn Good
I think the PSP is going to blow. 2 hour battery life, CD based, bleh

Isn't the DS cd based as well, also doesn't the psp use some type of cartridge with a cd inside, can't remember what it's called. I might be mistaken so correct me if I'm wrong.

Alchy

DS is standard cart as far as I've heard. PSP uses an optical disc in a plastic case, so kind of like a minidisc. No solid-state memory on the PSP discs.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
The L & R buttons beneath the A & B buttons?

There's a photograph a little up in the thread, smart guy. :flowers:

Oh, and those DS pictures apparently aren't the final design, just a recent prototype.

Personally I'm getting a DS as soon as they're out (and I might even pre-order one from EB now, since they're offering it)...