What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

New Paper Mario

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Right Click on the emulator you are using and go to Properties.
On the Compatibility Tab check the Run this program in compatibility mode check box and select an option that works for you example Xp etc. This is an issue with Glide and Win7 but the compatibility mode will put you right back on track with loading them.

All the best with your continued work on a great project.

OP
Nelde

Nelde

Thanks for your help.
I tried it out with several different options but the gfx plugin still causes an exception in Project 1964...

OP
Nelde

Nelde

No. But I installed it now and I unfortunately still have the same problem...
I tried it with and without the compatibility mode.
The strange thing is, when I load the cached file that I still have from my old PC, it works perfectly. But when I reload the textures, it stops at 3461 textures and when I remove the texture that was last loaded, it just stops at the next texture when I try again...

Last edited:

DDRPIP

The One and Only
AWESOME.
I was working on a texture project a few years ago, but I found out I don't have the time, patience or skill to do it.
I love this game and I can't wait to see it finished man.
It looks great, keep it up

airwide

Did you manage to solve it Nelde? Results looks very promising. Never actually finished the game back in the days. Surely will if your version is released though. Best of luck

Xizer

I wish I hadn't clicked this thread and saw all the work that had been done already but no link to download a 'first revision.'

Those screenshots are mouth watering. I really hope this project isn't as dead as it seems because it would be a shame to see all that hard work go down the drain.

OP
Nelde

Nelde

I have not been able to solve my problems yet...
but now my semester's ended and I'm full of motivation to work on it.
However, I have no idea what to do, since I already tried everything that's been suggested and don't know what to do anymore.

Xizer

Have you tried running a copy of Windows XP in a virtual machine? I recommend VMware.

There's not a lot I can do here to try and help you without the pack to play around with and see if I can get it running. I run Windows 7 64-bit on a custom-built PC.

OP
Nelde

Nelde

I figured it out now. Turns out there was too much texture data being loaded for non-LAA-patched software to handle. Whatever that means...
Good news is that I can work on my pack again. :D
Thanks for all your help guys!

razius

MU-TH-UR
Keep up the good work and spare no size... Can't wait for a beta release!!! BUt 'till then, you can tease us at any time with few more screenshots or even a second video!

OP
Nelde

Nelde

BOO!
UBNCXK1.png

Oh sorry, did I scare you? ;)
Well, I'm back and working on this project again.
This time, I could use some help. Especially with dumping textures. If anyone's interested in helping me, drop me a message here or on deviantART or facebook.

Tommy12

These look great. Would it be possible for you to release a beta version?
Unfortunately, texture packs are often abandoned before they are finished and it would be a shame if they were never used.