What's new

New Demul Loader

OP
Nologic

Nologic

Okay this seems to work...actually tried the frontend. It behaves differently than I originally expected.

Arcade:
emulator "demul" generic "C:\makinita\emuladores\demul\Loader_Demul.exe" "2 %s"

Dreamcast:
emulator "demul" generic "C:\makinita\emuladores\demul\Loader_Demul.exe" "1 %p"

galagtor

Thanks, now if you boot the loader but remains in black screen does not load the emulator. for 10 min
and amending the emulator ini Demul you an example.
correct. spu = spuDemul.dll
And the loader modify this

[plugins]
directory=C:\makinita\emuladores\demul\plugins\
gdr=gdrCHD.dll
gpu=gpuDXLegacy.dll
spu=.dll.............................bad ..............................correct spu=spuDemul.dll
pad=padDemul.dl

and creates this new ini

[main]
device=
spurecord=
spudisable=
dspdisable=
cddadisable=

OP
Nologic

Nologic

Did you first run "Loader_Create_INI_Arcade.exe"?

It is located in the "Loader" folder...this is required since the loader supports per game settings. It will create a "Loader_Arcade.ini" file that you can edit to your liking per game.

At least thats my best guess as why you are having that issue.

galagtor

i delete the old ini and create one new works 100%

sr thank you very much for your time.

:bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

OP
Nologic

Nologic

Updated Loader for Demul v0.5.6

Added more Video settings
Added support for Dreamcast CHD's.
Made use of CLI
Removed Decrypted Support as it appears Demul no longer supports this.

TheManuel2

Hi, nologic.

My question is actually about your Makaron laoder, if you don't mind.
Is the most current version still the one you released on Christmas of last year?
If so, I can't get it to read individual settings ini file for each game (or NVRAM for that matter).

Do you have any suggestions of what could be wrong?

Thanks.

TheManuel2

Just to clarify, the loader does write the settings ini file for the game (in this case, mvsc2.ini), but when I change anything in that file, the loader ignores it and reads the main settings.ini file from the Makaron main directory.

OP
Nologic

Nologic

I don't mind at all...not like this thread gets a lot of action anyways.

Yeah it should be...if it has the miniFE present....far as Naomi...the DC one is older than that if I recall. I've been slacking as of late.

Well the loader doesn't read anything...it just moves files around. The per game settings should be overwriting the settings present in Makarons main directory.

; Import Defaults
If FileExists ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\Controls\Default.ini' ) Then FileCopy ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\Controls\Default.ini' , @ScriptDir & '\JVS.ini' , 8 )
If FileExists ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\Settings\Default.ini' ) Then FileCopy ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\Settings\Default.ini' , @ScriptDir & '\NAOMI.ini' , 8 )

; Use Per Game Files
If FileExists ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\Controls\' & $Game & '.ini' ) Then FileCopy ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\Controls\' & $Game & '.ini' , @ScriptDir & '\JVS.ini' , 8 )
If FileExists ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\Settings\' & $Game & '.ini' ) Then FileCopy ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\Settings\' & $Game & '.ini' , @ScriptDir & '\NAOMI.ini' , 8 )
If FileExists ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\NVRam\' & $Game & '.bin' ) Then FileCopy ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\NVRam\' & $Game & '.bin' , @ScriptDir & '\NVRAM.bin' , 8 )
If FileExists ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\XRam\' & $Game & '.bin' ) Then FileCopy ( @ScriptDir & '\Config\XRam\' & $Game & '.bin' , @ScriptDir & '\XRAM.bin' , 8 )

As you see it first overwrites the current settings with the default...then overwrites those with per game if present.

DOH!! I just noticed I'm using a flag value of 8...and it should have been a flag value of 9...WOW I'm amazed this wasn't brought to my attention prior.

Thanks for the bug report a fixed version to be posted shortly.

Updated Naomi Makaron Loader
[Linky]

Last edited:

TheManuel2

Thanks!

I'm so glad you checked back on this thread.
For my life, I could not figure how to make it work and now I know why.
You, my friend, are a gentleman.

While on this subject, with the newest version of Makaron (T12/5), the NVRAM file is no longer called NVRAM.bin, but NAOMI_NVRAM.bin. In the same fashion, the JVS ini file is now, NAOMI_JVS.bin. Therefore, when the loader copies the per-game files to the main Makaron directory, the app does not see them since it expects the new names.

I'm not sure if this is something you want to fix now but if you did, you would probably be fully up to speed with the latest Makaron. If you don't, you've already taken me most of the way there and I really appreciate it. This loader makes Makaron so much better for someone with an arcade setup.

Thanks a lot!

OP
Nologic

Nologic

You're welcome. :)

hmm I think the "JVS.ini" has stayed the same...but that "XRAM.bin" has now been renamed to "NAOMI_JVS.bin". I'll see about making the required changes.

Makaron T12.5 Loader
[Linky]

Let me know how you fair.

Last edited:

TheManuel2

Awesome!

It's a thing of beauty, my friend.
It works like a charm.
Now I can have all the MvsC2 characters unlocked right from the start and use only one instance of Makaron for all games.

Thank you very much!

OP
Nologic

Nologic

Good deal.

I'm fairly sure xram stores the cabinet configuration. (hor\vert, 1p\2p, ...)

TheManuel2

Demul Loader

Hey!

I've a new question, and this one about the Demul Loader itself.
I'm trying to get it working but can't get too far because, when I run the Loader_Create_INI_Arcade file, I get the following error message:

Line 7708 (File: "D:\Games\Sammy Atomiswave\demul056 SSE2\Loader\Loader_Create_INI_Arcade.exe"):

Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.

What do you think I could be doing wrong?

OP
Nologic

Nologic

Once again thanks for the bug reports...as it wasn't you at all but completely me...some minor stuff changed to the UI of Demul that screwed me up.

The changes have been done to both Arcade & DC...so both should work correctly. Let me know if you stumble upon anymore bugs please. :)

Last edited:

TheManuel2

Great!
I'll try it tonight when I'm home.
I'll keep reporting any bugs I may find over the course of getting the loader to work on my arcade machine.

And thanks to you who are doing the real work here.
:party: