What's new

new 1964 (8.0 source released, unofficial compile)

conkerman

conkerman
0.8.0 prerelease source released, unofficial compile

hey people, i was over at www.ngemu.com today and they mentioned that a new 1964 source was released. since nobody mentioned it here, i thought i would. also, on www.ngemu.com , they have an unofficial compile, but u still need the old version and it's files. and turn off debugger, and whatever else ngemu says
and btw, congrats to rice and schibo on another release
conkerman

schibo

Emulator Developer
We released the source since the code on the site was really really old. Also, there has been a renewed interest in the project by other developers looking to possibly help us in different areas and to port it. Since the next version has not reached the beta stage yet, we decided that this was the easiest thing to do.

If you wish to compile the release build yourself, open the 1964 project using Visual C++ 6.0 with Service Pack 5. In Visual C++, go to the Build menu, and Set Active Configuration to "Release", (not "Debug", and not "Release - Opcode Debugger"). The latter two configurations are our debugging tools.

Yep, I've seen that ngemu.com has a compiled binary on their site already :). You can just grab it from there if you like trying prerelease builds, but remember we will only be supporting the source code for this version at the moment.

-schibo

sk8bloke22

roll for life
hmm...i hate having loads of roms, i neva know where to start when a new release comes out. any chance of having a bit of a more detailed list of wats changed. so far it seems, more games work on the 32-bit core, which = more speed. there a few bugs, u guys r probably aware of, and plus im using the unsurported binary, so thats no real worry. also the added hle option looks pretty exiting, is it supposed to be grayed ou though?

when u guys eventually get that going, if im correct, games like goldeneye, which worked wonders on uhle, would share similar performance boosts in 1964. anyway, congrats on the release, good to see some more progress, as always. i doubt ill do a list or anything, until something more official and public is released.

Eddy

I Run This
jabo's d7 1.40 plugin cant be configured, but it cant be selected. Also the windowstate isnt saved after shutdown, it would be cool if it could save the last windowstate used on the registry in a key or something

Eddy

I Run This
Also i think the alternative should be the zip name with the .zip extension removed. Would be good for good checked roms, so instead of the default name it should be the filename, rather than the internal name. Suggestions, dont get mad ???

crhylove

Banned
just compiled it myself....

and i think there is alot that has been cleaned up, obviously, but this IS an old source, right? cuz i noticed alot of things broken that has been said was fixed (collision crash in RR64, etc.)

but auto lambo (and many others super mario, etc.) runs much faster now. Good job!

beetle adventure racing has much better 3d, but crashes 7 seconds into the game, and it crashes the whole emu, not just the rom.

well, i can't wait to see a more current release. oh, and i would be a DYNAMITE beta tester. i have over 300 romz, am trustworthy, and have an adaptoid, also i know a bit about coding... i'm not 733+ or anything, but i do have visual c++ and did compile it myself... :)

awesome guys!!!

:1964:

Glurak

Re: just compiled it myself....

crhylove said:
and i think there is alot that has been cleaned up, obviously, but this IS an old source, right? cuz i noticed alot of things broken that has been said was fixed (collision crash in RR64, etc.)

prerelease old sourcecode with unfinsihed features o_O
;)

Rice

Emulator Developer
It is the latest code. The RR64 problem has never been fixed, even though I have tried to fix it, but I could not.

It is right that many features have not been finished, again this is only a pre-release of source code only, not even a beta testing release.

And Schibo has told the reason why 1964 has such a pre-release.

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
For the most part, the prerelease is awesome. I thought 1964 couldnt get any better than 7.3, but that thought apparently has been refuted. The only real complaints I have are

1) The few broken games (Battle Tanx, Zelda)

2) Im getting unstable framerates. For example, when I load Goldeneye, the intro will go at 117 fps, which is way too fast, and then the gameplay will go only 30 fps (which is slower than 7.3 which I get a steady 45/50). Ive been using CF=3.

The only suggestions I have are just fix a few majorly bugged games (JFG, Win Back, RR64, Blitz). But other than that what a superbalistic job guys! :1964:

(*_*)MARK

SEE YOU L8TER MASTERB8TER
Gamer123

Its still bugged for me. Im using the second prerelease and I still cant run nor shoot.

You do know that you need the kiosk file aswell to play the game properly

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
kiosk only goes so far. the rom that u want is the one that is (U) [f1]. or if u already have the (U) [!] rom, goto dextrose to get the patch. the patch is the one by LaC (thats right :)) and for jfg usa. u will also need a proggie called "Advanced Patching System" to patch it.

on the prerelease, jfg [f1] goes 100fps for me :D, good luck and happy huntin' ;)

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
kiosk only goes so far. the rom that u want is the one that is (U) [f1]. or if u already have the (U) [!] rom, goto dextrose to get the patch. the patch is the one by LaC (thats right ) and for jfg usa. u will also need a proggie called "Advanced Patching System" to patch it.

Which patch is it? I tried using the fully cracked patch by lac, and when I run it I just get the dextrose logo and thats it.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
thats the patch. u just have to save state using pj64 on the title screen and import it on 1964.

the only bad part is that there is no sound when on 1964.