I dont understand why the second order of business on any emu design is netplay... Are there any plans right now for Netplay on this ever so sucessful N64 emu?
Lex said:It is possible i tried it on a 10MBits network it went not so good with 10-15 FPS.
Just download the kaillera server from www.kaillera.com
Remote said:Sure you do, 10Mbit equals to 1024Kb(1,24Mb), 100Mbit equals to 10 240Kb(10,24Mb), these are theoretical speeds. Most NICs are 10/100Mbit in the sense of they are capable at running at both speeds, not at the same time though.
So I would not expect good performance on a 10Mbit network, 100/1000 does work great, I have never tried it on a 1000 Mbit network but since it works with little or no trouble at my home LAN, which runs at 100Mbit, it should work just fine on a 1000 Mbit LAN.
And what Lex meant is that if you connect one 100Mbit card to a 10Mbit card your speed will only be as fast as the weakest link, in this case the 10Mbit NIC.
flow`` said:LOL! that was me Ogy
we *tried* to play mario kart.. but as far as we got was the spinning logo before the game would freeze.. and i was running around 1-2 fps [on my old p3 600]
IceLord said:Well i got it to work on my home LAN,
It worked pretty well at acceptable speed though the sound was a bit out of sinc (btw this is with a 1100mhz and 1200mhz).
and I used Fizbans old method.
IceLord said:well im sorry that this post won't get credited to whom it should of but here it goes,
Ok Here goes: simplified lan version (i'm taking some steps from fizban cuz i'm too lazy to rewrite
1) download NooTe_Di 0.4.0 input plugin with kaillera support from http://www.emulation64.com/files/NooTe_DI 0.4.0.zip and extract the NooTe_DI.dll to pj64's "plugin" folder.
2)download mame+kaillera from http://www.kaillera.com/download.php, install it and in the mame dir you will see a file named "kailleraclient.dll" , copy it to pj64's plugin dir.
3)start pj64, go to options->settings there you will see under "controller" the current input plugin, change that to "NooTe_DI by NooTe version 0.4.0 build 14", press OK.
4) Now go to options->configure controller plugin , in the "kaillera 0.8 or up" box click browse(...) and find kailleraclient.dll that you just copyed to pj64'd dir, check "enable kaillera" , click save and close the box.
5) Exit PJ64
Do these steps on both computers
Now, for the server
1) Download the WINDOWS BINARY server from http://www.kaillera.com/download.php
2) Extract and edit kaillerasrv.conf and change Public=1 to Public=0
3) Run the server
Now to figure out the IP (Do this on the server)
1) Goto Start, Run
2) type : WINIPCFG
3) Select your network adaptor in the combo box
4) Copy down the IP Autoconfiguration Address (w/ the periods) to a piece of paper.
Do this on both computers, i suggest to create game on the server
1) Run PJ64.
2) Make sure Kaillera is enabled
3) Load ROM
4) When the Kaillera thingy pops up, put your username, change the connection type to from 40 to 60, and click Enter IP
5) Type in the IP followed by :27888 like you see in the example
6) Create Game on the server, and Join game on the other computer(s)
(sorry Ogy this one was based off your guide and i copied it just in case)