What's new

My uber cool gamepad

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Logitech RumblePad is really nice imo. The d-pad sucks but the analog stick rocks! The wireless would've been better (also double price...) because it has 4 L/R buttons -> makes PSX games work. now i have to put the L/R2 buttons to two of the six normal buttons.
I recommend.

IceFlow2

Tagrineth said:
Mother got me my P800 at Circuit City. She said they didn't have the P2500... though they did have the P3500 or whatever the model number of the Wireless one is.

WTF, Fair enough.

alexa999

Banned
smegforbrain said:
Now my basic gamepad is the MS Sidewinder. The only thing it's missing is the analog. :)

Yeah, I use the Sidewinder too, but I always use the keyboard for emus and I didn't want to use the Sidewinder for them so I thought the Gravis would be a nicer gamepad for emulation. :)

P.S. On eBay I got two for the price of one! :D

nullroute

Lost and loving it
I used to use a real PSX dual-analog dual-shock controller ghetto-regged to the lpt port... but when I abandon hope of finding windows drivers for it, I went to WalMart(tm) and bought a usb version for about $17... It's kind of odd for n64 tho, L1 and R1 are A and B... L2 and R2 are Z-trig and R-trig... and select is L-trig since most games only use L-trig for lefties anyways.

smegforbrain

nullroute said:
I used to use a real PSX dual-analog dual-shock controller ghetto-regged to the lpt port... but when I abandon hope of finding windows drivers for it, I went to WalMart(tm) and bought a usb version for about $17... It's kind of odd for n64 tho, L1 and R1 are A and B... L2 and R2 are Z-trig and R-trig... and select is L-trig since most games only use L-trig for lefties anyways.

Yeah, I picked up a PSX->USB for $10 at Radio Shack.

Been using the PSX controller for N64 as well, and for most games it's alright.

I have A set to Select, Z to L2, and B to R2.

I might consider going with your setup, as I wasn't sure how often the L1 & R1 were being used by various games, but it makes sense that L1 wouldn't due to the Z/analog.

Or I could just wait less than a week for my Adaptoid and N64 controllers to get here. :)

Moose Jr.

Raging Moose
euphoria said:
Logitech RumblePad is really nice imo. The d-pad sucks but the analog stick rocks! The wireless would've been better (also double price...) because it has 4 L/R buttons -> makes PSX games work. now i have to put the L/R2 buttons to two of the six normal buttons.
I recommend.

I couldn't agree more. It absolutely rocks for N64 emulation. Although the d-pad does indeed suck, the six-button layout is perfect and the rumble (two motors) is uber-good for a GP. For the price you can't beat it IMO.

P.S. Try setting the throttle as L-Button. Great for taunting in SSB instead of reaching for the keyboard ;).

smegforbrain

smegforbrain said:
Yeah, I picked up a PSX->USB for $10 at Radio Shack.

Been using the PSX controller for N64 as well, and for most games it's alright.

I have A set to Select, Z to L2, and B to R2.

I might consider going with your setup, as I wasn't sure how often the L1 & R1 were being used by various games, but it makes sense that L1 wouldn't due to the Z/analog.

Or I could just wait less than a week for my Adaptoid and N64 controllers to get here. :)

Well, still waiting for my N64 controller and adaptoid.

It finally occured to me just now though: the damn MS Sidewinder has six buttons, it just lacks the analog.

Switch Z to L1, and L1 to the select button, and I'm pretty well set... just no analog. Ahh well. :)