What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Multiple Texture Dumping Issues in Star Fox

seanyface

Hi all. I just registered, and am currently messing with a retexture for Star Fox 64. I have the latest Rice Plug-in.

My problem is, some textures appear multiple times. The skybox appears maybe 50 times, which is the cruz of the problem. The Star fox 64 skybox isn't animated, so it isn't multiple frames. Im guessing it has to do with the way the texture pans around the background in memory.

I tested, and replacing all of these 50 textures has no effect on the game, i.e. the same old skybox shows up. For some reason the skybox is not being dumped correctly, in a way that i can replace it.

I wanted to know if this is a solvable problem, or what exactly is going on.

if anyone needs more information, let me know. and thanks!

tailslol

with this issue starfox64 is realy hard because you need to redo near 10000 textures only for the first level... i hope it will be fixed in the new jabo plugin but the only thing we can do is waiting and hope...

DDRPIP

The One and Only
i take it it's never been done before....would take months, maybe a year+ to do that... well maybe 2 years, depending on how devoted you were to it...

Kerber2k

DDRPIP said:
i take it it's never been done before....would take months, maybe a year+ to do that... well maybe 2 years, depending on how devoted you were to it...

Not quite...try like a week for the first level..including the water textures. As far as enemies, and other effects go hours or less. The hardest part of Starfox re-texturing is the level's amount animations wich are like around 600+ textures. Im pretty sure this wont take longer than a year even though I work overtime, and have almost zero time to work on it. Everything below was indeed completed using Jabo's beta plugin. I wouldnt recomend attempting to tackle this with Rices plugin, but its def possiable. AFAIK skybox dumps with 1 texture, and needs to be tileable on only left and right sides, and make sure the bottom part of the texture stays solid because it stretches all the way to the bottom. Cloud animations during cut-scenes on the other hand I wouldnt even touch....considering the amount of work that goes into like 2 min of a intro.

Last edited by a moderator: