What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Mollymutt's Hi-rez Paper Mario

OP
M

Mollymutt

I couldn't resist giving you a preview of the next background
beforesm5.jpg

afterab0.jpg

Looks great!!

A.I.

Banned
Looks great...:drool: ......

As for the unoffical builds, you might want to try the stickied topic in the "Plugin" forum...since it has the newest builds...

err... how can i use rice beta 10 unofficial build (assuming i want to use hi res textures) if quote "Hi res texture loading won't work (I'm investigating it)" I tried it myself and it crashed. I can only play Paper Mario with opengl but i'm getting horizontal distortion, like wavy lines running across the screen, not to mention the sound is a little stuttery in places.

Last edited:

mudlord

Banned
I'm guessing you used the debug version? The debugging version has that problem.....I had no issues with texture loading with the stable version, though....

A.I.

Banned
The official Rice beta 10 and debug version works fine (well atleast for me) but it does have issues... not going to elaborate read my recent post....

Now is there any fix for opengl?

A.I.

Banned
Well, I guess then I am forced to check this personally then, and see what the real issue is.

Um, I wish I could be more specific but it happens with just about every game i play when i use opengl. I used to have the same problem with directx until i updated my forceware drivers. Funny thing is i dont suffer horizontal distortion when i use Glide, though i suffer heaps of other problems like crashing (glide plugin is very sensitive to settings) and don't even get me started using Mupen.

BTW this is getting off topic so if a mod wants to move this to the appropiate thread feel free. Mudlord if you want to pm me feel free. Oh yeah, Mudlord i just saw your rice video preview (very handy) so i will study that and continue testing...

Last edited:

Riddick

hey do you think you could put all of your updates on your 1st post on the 1st page? I have a hard time going through 32 pages looking for updates :p

Riddick

OP
M

Mollymutt

Thanks, but I'm already aware of that site. BTW there is an update on the way very soon that I'll put on the other thread.

krimb1

hey do you think you could put all of your updates on your 1st post on the 1st page? I have a hard time going through 32 pages looking for updates :p

Riddick

Hey, just wanted to say what great work! I second Riddick's request -- it'd be very helpful to have all the updates on the first post on the first page.

EDIT:

Sorry guys, just found the new thread. Here's the link to it in case it helps anyone. :bouncy:

http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=40294

Last edited:

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
The link to it is right above your post, for crying out loud. Right there! How could you not notice?