What's new

Metroid Prime CMDL Viewer (still working on it however)

BlueFalcon7

Woah! Looking nice! I was just thinking about this project a few days ago and how it had kind of... died. None the less, good to see progress, and really good to see a map working.

I have also lost track of which filetypes are supported, and which aren't. By the time this thing is done, this program will play the game PC FPS style :p

psychodan

I have also lost track of which filetypes are supported, and which aren't. By the time this thing is done, this program will play the game PC FPS style :p

Nah.. This program is only a viewer/extractor, the FPS game is a different set of programs.. Heheh.. But I dont know if I'm allowed to mention it, Tho I don't care. I like causing a ruckus...

Mariowario130

This is really aggravating, so try to excuse the language

well Fluesopp, according to psychodan it is complete... but the thing is,
SarahHarp, or who he likes to call Samus, is not going to release it. I'm not too
clear on the reason for that. I don't think there was any plans to release it to begin
with, thats how it was for psychodan's Maxscript for SSBM models.

so now we have to ask ourselves: "Why the Fuck advertise it, or even mention it!?"

they might have changed their minds when Techokami came about and when
Twilight Princess models started spreading like a disease all over the internet.
I don't blame them I admit that does piss me off a little. There is more to it than
that. If you were to ask SarahHarp for her viewer, she will say this (actual quote
from her): "you can go blow one out of your asshole"
If you were to ask psychodan , he'll just simply imply "fuck you, make it yourself"
maybe even give you a lie and say he'll help you with it just to mess with your hopes.
it doesn't matter how nice you ask or what your reason for it is, its a waste of time and effort to even contact them.

before you all start thinking ahead of yourself, my reason is for educational/development purposes,
I have no intention for posting them anywhere on the internet with a tag that says:
"Th1z m0dle wuz r1ppd by Sasuke plz dont steel, g1ve crdit kthxbye"
me being the one at wrong end of this situation is just aggravating.

I apologize if you read through this rant, at least you know whats going on with this viewer.

Divinus_16

If you were to ask SarahHarp for her viewer, she will say this (actual quote
from her): "you can go blow one out of your asshole"
If you were to ask psychodan , he'll just simply imply "fuck you, make it yourself"
maybe even give you a lie and say he'll help you with it just to mess with your hopes.
it doesn't matter how nice you ask or what your reason for it is, its a waste of time and effort to even contact them.

You have no idea what your talking about. I know Sarah Harp. She wouldn't say that to just anyone. Maybe you, or someone who just wants to get their grubby little hands on her viewer. She gave me her viewer, because I had the right intentions. To learn about the development of these viewers. Not to go around ripping every model i can find and dishing them out to everyone on the net. I have been Sarah Harp's friend for quite a while now, long enough to know she would never do any of those things without a very very good reason. She has her own reasons for keeping her viewer to herself. You just need to respect that.

Last edited:
OP
SarahHarp

SarahHarp

Now now, gullible children.
"Mariowario130" actually sounds quite familiar to me... if I recall correctly, this is the kid who harassed Dan and I on aim. No wonder why we sent him for a loop -.-;
But seriously, I don't have any intentions of releasing a viewer, IN it's current state, as I've said time and time again. I'd much rather release something that is finished and delish. (which is not the case btw.. -_-, some aspects are much closer than before, and other's not so much, cause I have rewritten it after all).
Buuut I havn't worked on it in a few months, I've been focusing attention on other things atm. When I get back into it and get more progress, I'll notify then.

I must say, I'm appalled by the audacity of this kid though. Honestly. Yaz0r hasn't released some of his stuff, but advertised it; I should hope you have the same sort of "respect" as you do for me, to him.
(And if you really must know, people tend to advertise things to make an awareness of possibilities... "to prove such and such is possible". Did you really need to be told that?)

psychodan

Ooh.. almost a public relations issue.... Samus linked me, I'll reply, Because I think this is hilarious.

"Why the Fuck advertise it, or even mention it!?".

For the glory buck-o. To give us enough inspiration to actually finish the same thing. And as I said a long-ass time ago, When someone releases a viewer with the ability to dump models from SSBM, I'll release my maxscript as well. Using the 3D X Ripper in conjunction with a GCN Emulator does not count. Deal with it.

As for MrMarioWario dude here. 8 times I offered to help him learn to program something like this, in methods of C++ and even maxscript. I even went so far as to tell him I'd take it step by step and give him lines of code to copy.

HIS Responses were "This is too hard I quit", "I dont get it fuck this" and "OMG WHY CANT YOU JUST GIVE ME THE DAMN THING". After 8 times of being bitched out about the fact that I was either too confusing in telling him to pick a programming language or just fucking with him anyway because I wouldnt actually help him, I decided he was too annoying to help and that I didn't want to deal with him anymore.

This is when... (PAY ATTENTION TO THE QUOTES HERE)

1. *I* told him that he should "Blow it out your ass! Im sick of offering to help you"

2. Sarahharp said "tell him to go fuck himself if he wants to act that way".

To take it a step further, Not that it matters much at this point, SarahHarp and I sent him a program which would really be useful to him right about now, But he's obviously not intelligent enough to use it despite being told how to. This is exactly how unhelpful we were. And in the future, I'm probly just gonna tell anyone who even MENTIONS a SmashBros viewer or maxscript to "Blow It Out Thier ass", Since that's MY phrase.

Regarding this, I've had several other people get in touch with me [or I ran across them]. Though most of the experiences were similar to this, one even claimed to be making a Balloon fight game and I modeled them a test level to work with, Sindii and Hector [Up to you to figure out who they are] have shown that they have an interest in doing something useful. As such, I've started working with them, and even call them friends.

Oh.. and Yes, At least he was right about one thing. I call Sarahharp "Samus", the rest of the time I just refer to sarahharp as "sexy" or "hot".

Finally... Sarahharp/Samus? Post some screenshots from MarioStrikers, MarioGolf, or MarioParty7 or any of the other screenies of models from various different games I've been sending you in the last few months, since we're apparently just showing off stuff we never planned on distributing... C'mon, Help him make his point!

Last edited:

Mariowario130

I love how everyone is taking what I say completely out of context, in fact I find it hilarious.

let me try to clear this up before this becomes complete chaos. I do apologize if I offended anyone.

I've never contacted SarahHarp, ever. I was talking on aim with dan and he was the one that brought SarahHarp into this, from what I remember it was for humorous reasons. what dan is saying about offering step by step help is somewhat true except I never said any of that, I've said that "I couldn't do it but I'll try anyways" and that I didn't have the tools at the time so I wasted a whole weak searching and waiting for a friend, who made a simple model viewer but doesn't have the time to help others make one, just so I could ask him what tools I should use. when I finally get the crap I need, dan says hes not helping anymore, even when its been a weak since I last contacted him. They did send me a program, but it doesn't work with the setup I have, so feel free to call me stupid for not being a high-end user.

I didn't post that rant to gain support for personal issues, it was rather to tell people its not worth the time to ask, and what to expect if you were to ask. It was also a combination by what I was told by dan.

if it makes you feel happy, call me a stupid little kid or anything else you think might be offensive.

hopefully everything has been cleared up... hopefully

SarahHarp, I wish you luck on trying to complete that viewer...

Last edited:

Fluesopp

I see..

So.... I have learned Java by myself last year. Is it any hope for me to be able to program a viewer like this? I have some experience with Maya but not with any 3dprogramming. And not any VB or C++.

sindii

i think people need to realise, talented people out there make create for fun and to learn aswell as to showoff.

How many awesome pictures do you see of artists renders etc, do they release the work, no, so this is the same. It is their skills and knowledge that allowed them to write these tools and they can do as they please with them.

If they decide to post about it, release it or not, it's entirely down to them, most people abuse this stuff anyway with a tiny monority actually putting good use to it.

ps never been in contact with sarah/samus but chat with dan regularly and he is a friendly and helpful guy.

psychodan

I see..

So.... I have learned Java by myself last year. Is it any hope for me to be able to program a viewer like this? I have some experience with Maya but not with any 3dprogramming. And not any VB or C++.

You MIGHT be able to do it with Java.. someone on here did a SSBM thing in php. so it's most likely possible.. I knew a guy that stole data outta a hex editor and re-coded it in notepad or some crap, but I never bothered to learn his method.

Maxscript is argueably the easiest... for me at least. most of the operations I can copy'n'paste between them.. the problem at that point is File Layout. But I dont really deal with that anymore.. Most games have really crumy models.. at least by my opinion. FableTLC, kingdom Hearts, MarioParty 7, WOW actually had some great detail for low poly models...

But.. Javascript? I wouldn't really know where to begin since I've never done 3d view applets with that.

Fluesopp

Java and Javascript isn't the same. Java could be both an applet, for web, and an application for PC's. I think it's about on level with C#. Is that sufficent? And if so, where do I start? I haven't any experience with opening and decompressing files, reverse engineering, displaying 3d graphics and such things.. Would this be a too big project?

thakis

It's completely possible to write stuff like this in Java. I would start with simple file unarchivers to get used to how file handling and binary data handling works (you might start with an unarchiver for a documented file format).

3d programming is not completely easy, and writing GUI applications in Java is (imo) a pain -- especially because Java GUI apps suck (slow, ugly, ...) Well, my first GUI apps were in Java, and I didn't like them ;-) However, nowadays there is jogl, so it might not be too bad.

Anyways, the best way to learn something is to try to do it, so give it a try :)

Shalted

Very nice work Sarah, nice to see someone who can continue on with a project. Not to say I didn't make any more progress, but you've far exceeded my work.

OP
SarahHarp

SarahHarp

Yes as a matter of fact.
I've been really busy with personal projects that this whole experience has taught me though (creating my own game engine from scratch).
But, I always come back and do a little coding on my viewers here and there.

I'm on version 3 , and it should be the last. It now acts like a pak viewer (among many other new things), with a much more optimized underlying system :)

Also supports Metroid Prime 3 Corruption somewhat (still working on this as of late)

Enjoy:
http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8199/dvpview2xt0.png