What's new

Mario no photopie protected ?

Quvack

I wonder if its possible to fake the check, maybe the 'game' has other things within it to play around with without the use of inputting AV of some kind. *goes to explore a little more*

Trotterwatch

Go on Quvack, you can sort something out ;) hehe

Found this out
No camera to my knowledge. They provided you with a standard SD card with the package just in case you didn't have one (I need to confer with the manual to see what size the cart could handle). It works in any digital camera that uses that format card. I've tried it out so I know it's okay :)

On a basic level it's a standalone N64 version of the artist packages for the 64DD...

kei8774-img600x450-1089795712mario01.jpg

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

olivieryuyu said:
could the "AV input thing" be the 64DD ? what is the AV input thing ?

On a basic level it's a standalone N64 version of the artist packages for the 64DD...

Whether it also has AV inputs I don't know. Still at least it's progress on this thing eh. I also read there were cards released for it (SD cards) with pictures/videos/sounds on them for use in the game.

Last edited:

Quvack

Blah I've no luck running this, nemu is constantly resetting my computer and plugins are giving me DX errors again. *kicks computer till it plays nicely again*

Quvack

I've been able to get it to work and stuff with nemu, but when I get to trying to debug it the whole lot just freezes up :p It's a Windows thing though, need to reinstall some drivers :\

Trotterwatch

Ah, what a pain in the arse eh :) Hope you get it sorted, because Nemu really is the mutts nuts when it comes to debugging (it appears anyway!)

Quvack

Trotterwatch said:
Ah, what a pain in the arse eh :) Hope you get it sorted, because Nemu really is the mutts nuts when it comes to debugging (it appears anyway!)

Nemu is godlike when it comes to debugging :p It does pretty much everything under the sun! I just wish I had enough knowledge to understand N64 asm a little better, it'd make these kinda things a whole lot nicer!

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Quvack said:
I wonder if its possible to fake the check, maybe the 'game' has other things within it to play around with without the use of inputting AV of some kind. *goes to explore a little more*
Think it could be done, with a tool which can change the srams, like the Goldeneye/PerfectDark Face Mapper, which change the testures, etc...
ANd if some1 could do a sram changer, then we could isert some pics (probably hacked from these cards!?!) and the failure wouldn't be there... just a vision and not knowing whether it could be done...

OP
O

olivieryuyu

Quvack said:
Nemu is godlike when it comes to debugging :p It does pretty much everything under the sun! I just wish I had enough knowledge to understand N64 asm a little better, it'd make these kinda things a whole lot nicer!

did you get something interesting ?

Thanks a lot ...

Rafalapso

Trotterwatch said:
One more, I used a different graphics plugin to get readable text :) Hope someone here can read Japanese enough to tell us what it says.
This is what i managed to translate from the text:
"Smart Media was pulled out.
Please re-insert media and try again."

OP
O

olivieryuyu

it's not a protection, it's a problem of device. Of course without somebody to find out how this device is working (pif) it'll be difficult to get any better result with any emulator.

:(

sheik124

Emutalk Member
could it be solved with a plugin that could map the SD card IO (might need to get a 64DD on hand for that) to a volume or folder on the PC, say maybe, an SD card in a USB reader?

Rafalapso

sheik124 said:
could it be solved with a plugin that could map the SD card IO (might need to get a 64DD on hand for that) to a volume or folder on the PC, say maybe, an SD card in a USB reader?
It's not that easy to emulate the SD reader because it is inside the Mario no Photopie Cart.
What can be done is a wrapper to fool the rom to think that there is no sd media inserted.

EDIT:
Photo of the Cart:
kaset.gif

EDIT2:
After reading the Game's homepage , i realized that there is no way to play this game without a SD media card since every action in the game is focused in photography modification.

Last edited:

sheik124

Emutalk Member
yo, that isn't an SD card in the picture, that is exactly what the game calls it, a smart media card, got a slot for it right here in my USB reader.

Rafalapso

One thing that i noticed reading the previous posts is that almost everybody here is confusing this game with Mario Artist Communication Cart (the one with AV inputs).
Unfortunately, the Mario Artist games are stored in 64DD Disks and we'll have to wait until someone starts emulating the 64DD,