What's new

Mad pitchfork in Conker's bad fur day

Necterine

i cannot get the last haystack! (the smallest 1)
for hours i get the pitchfork poke it
but th haystack just jumps over it. EVERYTIME
i checked with Good64 and it is not a bad rom
help pleasee!!!

OP
N

Necterine

Allnatural said:
It is possible to complete that task (did it myself) so you just need to play better.
any tips so i can do it to?
what am i doing wrong?
i do what i did for all the other haystacks
but this one jumps over the pitchfork everytime

jessman1988

Banned
lmao. i beat that without even thinking about it, ha ha ha. look at gamefaqs.com or somthing. i'm sorry, but this DOES seem like a strange post.

-Shadow-

Banned
Nope , i had this , too ! The smallest haystack should not be the last stack standing , or it will be impossible to hit it .

OP
N

Necterine

H3ad5h0tter said:
Nope , i had this , too ! The smallest haystack should not be the last stack standing , or it will be impossible to hit it .
i tryed that but it still jumps over the pitchfork

OP
N

Necterine

PLEASEE!!
if i don't get past this pitch fork thing i can do anything!
i'm stuck
anyone! (out of the kindness of you hearts..plz help :))

Allnatural

ffs, there's no specific technique necessary. Play something else if it's that much trouble for you. :rolleyes:

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
I tend to agree with those that say you may just need to be a bit more persistent and accurate, but who knows for sure. Maybe just one of those whacky things that happen to some. Anyway, for those with haystack issues, I've attached a save state with the smallest haystack obliterated. I've only completed the minimum amount of the game necessary to get to this point. Hope this helps.

JeremyXgaming

HostileEagle said:
I tend to agree with those that say you may just need to be a bit more persistent and accurate, but who knows for sure. Maybe just one of those whacky things that happen to some. Anyway, for those with haystack issues, I've attached a save state with the smallest haystack obliterated. I've only completed the minimum amount of the game necessary to get to this point. Hope this helps.

This should definately help, thanks!

But let me make this clear, this is not due to a lack of gaming ability. I goofed with that last little haystack for quite some time, it simply jumps the fork every time. Perhaps the cut-scene would normally come before you had to kill him, perhaps he turns into the big boss haystack later in the game. Regardless, this is a bug.

I am including my save game right at the last little haystack, let me know how it goes for you.

Trotterwatch

I suck at the game, but I'll give it a go now with your state.

Edit/ I couldn't do it, because the haybale kept jumping over the pitchfork.

Last edited:

Clements

I destroyed all the haystacks not too long ago with PJ64 1.6+Jabo's D3D8 1.6, it was very easy for me.

HostileEagle

King of Krunch
It was very easy for me as well, so imagine my surprise when I tried Jeremy's save and couldn't kill that jumpy little bastard of a haystack. I can confirm... this haystack problem is not due to a lack of gaming ability or tenacity, it is very real. If anyone doubts, try Jeremy's save state.

JeremyXgaming... glad I could help.

*Check your rom with GoodN64.

Last edited:

Clements

Right, I tried your save and it jumps (which is NOT normal) and even goes through the haystack but does not kill it. Just the other day I passed this and the pitchfork attempts to hang himself, yet he has no neck. Your rom is either bad, or you have changed the settings, overused save states or used cheats.

JeremyXgaming

HostileEagle said:
*Check your rom with GoodN64.

If the ROM were the issue, it obviously wouldn't happen with your ROM as well. But mine has been tested in Good64, it is fine according to it.

Thanks for confirming it!

Trotterwatch

If the ROM were the issue, it obviously wouldn't happen with your ROM as well.

To be fair, it probably would, as your save state would be bugged too (which when loaded onto a good rom could have undesired effects).

QuickPaw

Feel the wrath of my tongue!
I'm glad that someone actually brought this up. I've played this game before with no problems with this part of the game....but yeah, I'm getting the same result.

I went up against that last haystack for about 15 minutes..then I figured something was wrong. I can confirm that the haystack just jumps when hit and then continues to dodge and run around over and over again.

My rom checks out with GoodTools, and I'm using PJ1.6 w/most of the defaults. I'll try to get around to seeing if the prob comes up with 1964 or any other emulators. I suggest someone else try to do this as well.

There is a possiblility that since I haven't played this game in a while, I'm forgetting to do something, but like most of the FAQs I've come across, they just say to kill the little haystack, and then you get a cut-scene. *shrugs*