What's new

Launch date for iPhone revealed

BlueFalcon7

when I said actual OS, I meant commercial OS, like that of which is run on a PC. I realize that firmware is a type of "OS"

The iPhone is supposed to run the Mac OS, and I guess I was a bit misleading. The point I was trying to make, was that it could be hacked.

Cyberman

when I said actual OS, I meant commercial OS, like that of which is run on a PC. I realize that firmware is a type of "OS"

The iPhone is supposed to run the Mac OS, and I guess I was a bit misleading. The point I was trying to make, was that it could be hacked.
Firmware and OS aren't synonimous. One can run firmware without an OS. When an OS is involved things are multiprocessing and likely multitasking. This can mean some interesting interaction. Note the iPhone is loaded with lots of processors so hacking it will be both a nightmare and a lot of fun. I know a 'wee' bit about the differences between the term firmware and Operating System :D In any case yeah it can be hacked and worse yet it's a cell phone, it could get a promiscuous virus because it's connected to the internet via a cell phone network that could be very BAD. (Promiscuous refers to it's continuous wireless connection.)

Cyb

BlueFalcon7

*Bump*

This is why I am not getting an iPhone. Enough said. Support the RIAA, and I will do everything in my power to make sure you lose money.