What's new

Jabo Graphic 1.5 Versus Glide64

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Which of those give better results on a graphic card like mine? The Jabo's or the Glide64 with a wrapper?

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
For 3dfx card users definetely Glide64. For people using a wrapper (besides people with under-spec cards) Eats up some major VRAM and limits you to a certain resolution. I could only go to 1024x768 with evoodoo and glide64 (with huge performance loss), while with jabo's with 1280x1024 works great and doesnt drastically slow down the display/sound.

Table Of Plugins:
|------------------------------------------------------------------------|
3DFX'ers: Glide64
Integrated GFX "Solutions" : Glide64+Evoodoo
Good cards (Geforce, radeon, etc.) : Jabo's
|------------------------------------------------------------------------|

So, there really is no "VS" here, just a matter of what your capabilities are, you are best off with Jabo's. :)

Last edited:

Slougi

I can only go to 800x600 with my voodoo2, but glide64 is definitely loads faster than jabo's 1.5 on my gf2mx, although it has slightly lower compatibility.

iq_132

Banned
Glide64+Evoodoo works and looks like poo on my GeForce 4 MX 420.
Jabo's, any version, works better and faster, and looks great.

Allnatural

Why was this question asked anyway? Seems that no one wants to try things and reach their own conclusions anymore.???

Trotterwatch

milen, the Voodoo 3 can't do antialiasing. If I remember correctly aren't you also the person who thinks a Voodoo3 outperforms a GF2mx on 3DMark2001?

M

mark_ole

well i would like to see the features of the 2 plugins combined. glide 64 smoothes out all the blockiness of the on screen script in games, as well as a lot of objects, and makes it look better. but its compatability is shockingly bad, and runs crap with most audio plugins. jabo should make a new plugin with the smoothness of glide.

milen

Voodoo3 has antialiasing with thirdparty drivers and antialiasing works great. And yes Voodoo3 can outperform Geforce2Mx on 3DMark2000. On 3DMark in some test is better in other is worst.
But this is for techtalk forum.

I like Glide64 and think it has great graphics. This is my right isn't it?

I like 1964.
I like Win98se and Linux Redhat 8.0. (don't like Win XP)
I like AMD.
I like Voodoo.
I like Fighter's Destiny
I like Apple2e(my first computer)
I like C++, Basic, Assembler(6502)
I like PHP and MySQL

P.S. sorry for my English it's not my primary language

Last edited:

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
Jabo Graphic 1.5 Versus Glide64..
i thought the topic would b more intresting like......
OMG Jabo Graphic 1.5 is Back!!!
"Brother that chair shot from behind last night in No Way Out was uncalled for. So Glide64 i call u out for a cage match"
Appaluses..screams....Glide64 walks out from the darkness of the main entrance..
"whoooww whooow whooow.. not so fast Jabo Graphic 1.5... you see, the way i see it, u like it from behind~"
"OMG king did u just hear that?" "Haha JR"
Glide64 laughs but unknowingly Daedalus is behind him wielding a chair... "Oh no! It was a trap
OMG did you see that shot king? U could hear the impact from hear" Glide64 lies on the floor and mutters "i can out perform a gf2mx in my own mind?!....."

Now thats the right answer to Jabo Graphic 1.5 Versus Glide64 topic.
PEACE

Stezo2k

S-2K
milen said:
Voodoo3 has antialiasing with thirdparty drivers and antialiasing works great. And yes Voodoo3 can outperform Geforce2Mx on 3DMark2000.
I like Win98se and Linux Redhat 8.0. (don't like Win XP)

1stly, voodoo 3 doesnt suport anti-alaising (duno if it does with new drivers)

2ndly, I highly doubt any 3DFX can out perform a GF2+, it probably can using the glide plugin though.

3rdly Win98 is a decent os i agree partly, but is pretty damn buggy

4thly WTF is up with xp, its the best os Microsoft ever created, and is very stable and gr8 for gaming, and looks gr8. And if u havent even used XP, dont diss it, its gr8 :)

Stez

milen

1 - It supports antialiasing with new drivers
2 - As I said it's faster in some applications and slower with others.Frame Buffer is much slower but raw 3d rendering is faster.
3. Yes it's buggy but i like it because it don't try to be too wise.
If threated right it's pretty stable.
4. I used XP and don't like it - too many options, even in classic mode it's has too many graphics and icons(i hate icons), the new media player is shit. I don't want to play with the dos,it's not a game.I just want to use it to start fast and easy other applications.I want fast dos without graphic effects that slow down my work. The startup and shtudown of computer are too slow.

Trotterwatch

1 - It supports antialiasing with new drivers

> It is a hardware limitation that it can't do FSAA, new drivers are not going to make much difference. Even if it were possible, the performance loss would be... well it would be very noticeable put it that way.

2 - As I said it's faster in some applications and slower with others.Frame Buffer is much slower but raw 3d rendering is faster.

>A Voodoo 3 is faster in raw 3D Rendering than a GF2? With all due respect, what have you been smoking?

3. Yes it's buggy but i like it because it don't try to be too wise. If threated right it's pretty stable.

> Win98 is a decent OS, nothing amazing, but nothing too bad either.

4. I used XP and don't like it - too many options, even in classic mode it's has too many graphics and icons(i hate icons), the new media player is shit. I don't want to play with the dos,it's not a game.I just want to use it to start fast and easy other applications.I want fast dos without graphic effects that slow down my work. The startup and shtudown of computer are too slow.

> Where to begin on this one! First of all, if you don't like Icons, you do realise you can move them? You could delete them if needs be;whatever you want.

the new media player is shit.

*NEWSFLASH*
You don't have to use the Windows Media Player, yes you heard correct, just use another one of the plethora of media players available.

don't want to play with the dos,it's not a game

What has DOS got to do with this?

I just want to use it to start fast and easy other applications.

And this it does, if it doesn't for you, check your Hardware, it's probably slow due to the FSAA on your Voodoo 3 :p

I want fast dos without graphic effects that slow down my work. The startup and shtudown of computer are too slow.

Hang on.... just earlier you said you didn't want to use DOS, now you are wanting fast DOS? Why not just use the command line then, the CMD command will enable a command line to the Windows shell. Not true DOS I agree, but pretty damn fast.

The startup and shutdown on XP is fast, faster than Win98 in my own personal experience. At the worst it is only seconds slower than Win98 in startup, shutdown operations; I have yet to experience it, at it's worst though.

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
hehe just the sorta thing i was guna say m8 :thumbsup: this milen dude sounds like a real newb, and i cant see anything wrong with the new media player, its way faster than version 7.

That newsflash thing was pretty damn funny ;)

Stez

milen

I think you are newbie. I work in software company from 2 years as programer and developer. I use computer's from 10 years. I know C++,C Builder,J builder,Assembler, PHP,Pearl,ASP,SQL
and Pascal(i hate it).
I coded some games for Apple2 (Goden Ages - strategy,
Mines - logic). I had some other activites but they are not legal so I won't post them.

I don't want to code an emulator because I don't have time.
I started one 3 years ago , Apple2 emulator and got simple games to work but failed to make floppy emulation. Maybe in the future if i have time I can continue it but for now I'm happy to play some old games when I have an hour or two. I use my computer mainly for programming and don't need colorful Windows as XP.In fact use mostly Linux.But for gamming I use 98se.

You don't have right to call someone a newbie when you are the real newbie.
OK you have money to buy some new video card but you don't understand that computers are not from yesterday they have a long way.

I want to thanks Jabo for version 1.5 of his plugin it's first real D3D version of his plugin. Others were versions for specefic cards not for Direct3D.

Last edited:

milen

DOS - Disk Operation System
Windows (Any version) is DOS, ok they named it OS but it's the same.
And yes FSAA is partialy software but it didn't slow my computer much about 5%.

Trotterwatch

I know what DOS stands for, lol Any Windows9x version was built upon the old DOS shell, the more modern NT versions have gotten rid of DOS. It still has a command line though (emulated DOS).

FSAA through software would cripple a computer, as you would be making the CPU do many many calculations. Unless you have a supercomputer, I don't see how workable FSAA could be achieved via software/hardware with a Voodoo 3. There are other forms of antialiasing besides FSAA, which the Voodoo 3 could probably do, but those are in no way comparable to FSAA.

milen

I have the source of voodoo drivers and will check this when I have time but I'm sure that antialiasing works great with only small speed lose.

I don't want to talk more about Windows

Last words:
it's commerical product and its main goal is to bring money so it's not written for the user it's written for the money. I know a little about coding of Windows from my friend which was part of Microsoft and it's not good.