What's new

I'm getting tired of the spam

Martin

Administrator
Sorry for the triple post, I don't even know my own rules anymore. ;)

I'll see what I can do to update the spam protection first, then I'll see about upgrading the forum.

As for news I think we should revert back to the way it used to be here. Mods and staff can post a thread in the Emu64 news board and it'll show up on the main site with comments and a link back to the thread. As nice as Keith's system is, it was a bit too difficult to get staff (too complicated perhaps) to post and now it doesn't even work at all.

I'll have a look at that as well. :D

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Always online shouldn't be a main reason for being nominated as a moderator, the general behavior and knowledge should be. But I can second the nomination of all the old faces in this thread here, because they already proved their knowledge and interest in emulation for many years.

What we also need, is some kind of special title. It would be great to have a custom title for some of our greatest high res texture contributors (DJIPI for example).

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Honestly, if the board is updated with some capcha-like system the need to trash spam would decrease like a thousand times. The need for moderators for this cause would also... dare I say, be eliminated?

On the other hand, a couple of people familiar with recent emulation progress as a whole, including some derivatives like retexturing, is very welcome. :)

Also Marty, glad you're not dead or something! :doh:

Martin

Administrator
Honestly, if the board is updated with some capcha-like system the need to trash spam would decrease like a thousand times. The need for moderators for this cause would also... dare I say, be eliminated?

On the other hand, a couple of people familiar with recent emulation progress as a whole, including some derivatives like retexturing, is very welcome. :)

Also Marty, glad you're not dead or something! :doh:

Thanks, yup I'm alive still hehe :party:

I changed the registration question, maybe that will help a little. I also updated the GD image (image verification) options so it should be a bit harder to register. I'll look into other options for spam prevention though (think Wraggy mentioned one)

Now that we got news posting enabled again I can see a lot more people coming here, we still get lots of visitors to the main site.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Could you please fix the bugs aswell?
Avatar upload and file upload is broken for years. Would come in handy to have some texture packs hosted here.

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
One Touch Spam ban and Clean on VB forums (its a Mod), takes 2 seconds to install and gives mods/admins the ability to get rid of spammers and their posts in a second. its awesome

Xtreme2damax

Welcome back. :)

Yeah spam is an issue all around, since the new years there has been quite an influx of spam, it was speculated that bots found a way around recaptcha. The spammers/bots didn't crack it, they just keep reloading the captcha until they get one they can read.

OP
ScottJC

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
One Touch Spam ban and Clean on VB forums (its a Mod), takes 2 seconds to install and gives mods/admins the ability to get rid of spammers and their posts in a second. its awesome
I like the sound of that, welcome back btw, haven't seen you in a while.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
lmao Gent.

Seeing Marty replying to that stuff makes me glad that there is someone who has this kind of access to the server. It just happens every few years and such. :doh: