What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

hi rez textures support and detail texturing!

boodle

knowitman said:
What programs have you used to save the png files? The program I used only saves them in 24 bit format.

The Gimp is a pretty good one that I use a lot. Windows install files can be found here - you need to install the "GTK+ 2 for Windows (version 2.4.14)" and "The Gimp for Windows (version 2.2.3)" files.

Neospy

NSISTING on nVidia
Gee.... Um, would anyone make a site to host all of this Hi-Res goodness? Wait, i volunteer! Expect a link sometime soon.

>Neospy

_pm_

Pathetic Member
I made hires textures for Mario64's numbers (lives counter, red coins count, etc).

The screenshot below shows my numbers, my modified Mario face in the lives counter and a modified star (also included, need to work more on this), combined with Cloudscape's textures.

EDIT: Alpha channels are correct now. Also, merged the xxxx_rgb and xxxx_a files into xxxx_all. But for some reason, the numbers still don't look very good in the lives, coins and star counters (?).

Last edited:

Shin_Gouki

a such nice work growing here!
would be nice if there could be a sticky were all new textures sorted by game could be found ( including links)
wbr Shin Gouki

MiLO83

Rice, Orkin, what are your thoughts on normal mapping?
Did you look at my links Rice?

If you can load high-res textures, I'd imagine adding normal mapping to be
easy to implement and an even greater enhancement than just upping the resolution of flat textures.

This would add alot of depth to n64 games, wood would look like wood, and not wood wallpaper. Low poly cars with painted scoops and taillights would be able too look like 200,000 poly models.

Same old link:
http://www.monitorstudios.com/bcloward/tutorials_normal_maps5.html

New link:
Normal Mapping in the Unreal 3 Engine.
(Half way down the page, look for "Distributed Computing Normal Map Generation Tool")

Thanks for your time,
- MiLO83

Rice

Emulator Developer
MiLO83

I don't want to be to one to discourage you, but I don't think I am the one who have the will to push N64 emulation that far.

knowitman

I don't know how to get my textures to work. I have saved them in the Gimp. I know they have to be 32 bit with alpha or 24 bit bmps. I have tried both. And for teh filename i just copied and pasted the filenames so I know they are the same.

Knuckles

I would like ask , anyone that can start making high-res textures for GoldenEye OR/AND Perfect Dark level will be welcome in either the GE or the PD mod team . Of course, to use the textures in the mod (s) :p

btw: great works on the textures everyone, I really should try them myself one day ;)

dragon_rider

私は竜が好き&#
Smart FTP will not let me download the files. Is the FTP page really necessary? Wouldn't it be easier to post them? If you don't want to, that's fine too.

Impreza WRX

The forum limits each file to 2 MB. I just modified my FTP again, and I think I got it now. I had to limit the data ports so ti would fit through the router...

...with the help of the server log it's much easier to fix these problems...

Last edited:

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
i would like to make hires texture but i don't know what sofware use to modify original texture to hires texture !!!
There is no tutorial?
What are you doing to modify the texture? what the way to create a hirez texture?
Sorry for my english , french is my language ;-)

MiLO83

Use Photoshop or another good graphic program, if the texture's color indexed (_ci) then save the pallete, if not then don't worry about it.
Scale the image up to 400%, I use nearest neighbor scaling to keep the pixel look (1 pixel now = 4 pixels in a square) do something to keep the same look of the old texture, use the blur tool if you want, add some noise maybe, paint it from scratch, whatever you want just make a new texture at 400x the old one.
I've found _ci images don't work if saved in photoshop, so I make the new texture in RGB mode, then when done, I load the original pallette (switch to color indexed mode), dether the image, and copy paste it into MSpaint, save out with that.
- MiLO83

optimus$prime

hi there

since i was not able to get the high-res ci texture to work, i started improving the portraits in the ssb menu:

menue.jpg

the aplha is not perfect yet and i have to find the last part of the texture
what do you think?