What's new

Here Is Beta 1 Of My New Gcube

superbug

Have You actually tried running it? Standalone player doesn't require shaders to play thp files with full color.

OP
dolqube

dolqube

Winphin Developer
the thp jpeg format is considered like a mac.
for it to run under windows the green and red colours are swaped.
this swap as far as i know is done using shaders which is not emulated yet!!!

check this out... fasm

http://flatassembler.net/index.php

i plan to use this to compile the whole program in the future (asm is better than c)
it supports 64 bit cores and can create opengl apps.

also checkout opengl latest version

http://www.opengl.org/documentation/current_version/

Last edited:

superbug

Huh? I was talking about the standalone thp player distributed with gcube. It doesn't use any emulation, just simple jpeg decoding. Its true thp decoding doesn't work in gcube because of the lack of shaders support (though YUV to RGB conversion isn't exactly a simple byte swap).

spotanjo3

dolqube,

I wish you the best of luck and you are doing a good job on this sweet emulator. I am proud of you and not only your emulator but a dolphin emulator as well.

Keep up the good work. The both emulators will be successful in the near future with decent speed and better games! :)

BlueFalcon7

dolqube said:
the thp jpeg format is considered like a mac.
for it to run under windows the green and red colours are swaped.
this swap as far as i know is done using shaders which is not emulated yet!!
Wouldnt you just be able to incorporate it into an HLE code, and just run it through HLE?

ThunderStorM

I have the iso of Super Mario Sunshine, not the gmc file, the emulator works only with gmc files??

i tryed ayway to open the iso of sunshine with the emulator and don't work

ThunderStorM

I have renamed the iso to gmc and i have open the gmc with gcube, but nothing appears... maybe i must download the game in gmc format, not iso?

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
superbug said:
Huh? I was talking about the standalone thp player distributed with gcube. It doesn't use any emulation, just simple jpeg decoding. Its true thp decoding doesn't work in gcube because of the lack of shaders support (though YUV to RGB conversion isn't exactly a simple byte swap).
Here's what I think, just thinking...

The THP player, decodes the THP file, and overlays the picture together, and show.

GCube, try do what the real GC should do, and GC uses overlaying each pictures together, which cannot by displayed properly on PC without shader. So GCube can't do like THP player, because real GC doesn't do that.

Sercio said:
well isos and .gcm files are same!
If you want you can rename the file
ThunderStorM said:
I have renamed the iso to gmc and i have open the gmc with gcube, but nothing appears... maybe i must download the game in gmc format, not iso?
No, I don't think it's the same, it is variable.

Sometimes, the ISO file is ISO itself, which contains the data in standard ISO format, ISO utilities can open it, it can't be run in GameCube emulator, and can't be open in GC-Tool.
But sometimes, the ISO file is in GCM format, ISO utilities cannot open it, but can be run in GameCube emulator and can be open in GC-Tool.

Try open the file with an ISO utility, if ISO utility can open it, you can convert it to GameCube format, which I don't know how to do it. :p
If ISO utility can't open it, then rename it to .GCM and try open it.

Last edited:

superbug

Okay, lets forget all the thp playing confusion, and agree that gcube doesn't show them properly ;)

It's true iso doesn't exactly equal gcm, as the file systems of a cdrom and a gamecube disk are different, but that was just to avoid unnecessary explanation. What I ment to say is that both gcm and iso are raw images of disks, gamecube disk in one case, and cdrom in the other. So in short, there's no iso's of gamecube disks, they're all gcm's. Got it?

mechakoopa

a.k.a. the DtTvB
He is accustomed to type GMC, I think.
Like me, when I go to the robot company "inex," I always type "index," even in this post!
This is because when I make a web, the home page is always named "index.html" or "index.php."

;)

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Here's some shot from the Emu!!! This look very promising , good speed for me (Ps : Timeplitter 2 run at full speed) and good graphics.

But zelda Wind waker have 30 fps but run only at 4 fpr :(

superbug

Full speed? Are You sure? The fps counter doesn't show a real value. Does the game 'feel' like full speed? If so, that's some really good news.

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Yeah TIme splitters 2 are near near near full speed (45FPS i think and minor glitches)