What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Help Needed with Djipi's package...

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
Hi there guys. I'd really appreciate it if someone could help me out of this sticky situation. Basically I installed Djipi's mod and I switched to OpenGL for better performance. I saw an instant improvement in frame rate which is what I was looking for but I have come up with a new problem, this:

problem.jpg

I know everyone will question me on my settings, so I took screenshots of them. Here they are:

GameDefaultoptions.jpg

OpenGl.jpg

CurrentGameoptions.jpg

TextureFilters.jpg

GeneralOptions.jpg

DirectX.jpg

BTW, if you want to see my system specs have a look at my sig. Help would be greatly appreciated. I really want to play this pack properly but unfortunately I can't. BTW, My computer is on 1024 x 768 resolution and its on 32 bit colour quality. Thanks in advance... I hope that you can resolve my problem...

OP
koolkarts

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
Darklord89 said:
Under game default options take off normal blender and see if that works. :icecream:
Thanks that helped like a gem... Only one problem now tho - eponas legs are invisble and the game is runnin reli slow. Any ideas on how I can improve this? Also objects seem to appear reli jagged, unlike the other screenshots I have seen of this mod. Help would be greatly appreciated..

OP
koolkarts

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
koolkarts said:
Thanks that helped like a gem... Only one problem now tho - eponas legs are invisble and the game is runnin reli slow. Any ideas on how I can improve this? Also objects seem to appear reli jagged, unlike the other screenshots I have seen of this mod. Help would be greatly appreciated..
Any help available guys?

OP
koolkarts

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
64fanatic said:
What are your system Specs again?
Operating System:
Microsoft Windows XP SP1

CPU:
Intel P3 880 Mhz

Video Card:
ATI Radeon 7000 64Mb

Sound Card:
Creative SB Live!

Memory:
512Mb

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Rice's plugin has better combiners for Radeon cards using direct3D. Download the latest drivers from ATi's site, then change the renderer engine to Direct3D. If the recomended combiner type doesn't work well for you try all of them.

OP
koolkarts

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
PsyMan said:
Rice's plugin has better combiners for Radeon cards using direct3D. Download the latest drivers from ATi's site, then change the renderer engine to Direct3D. If the recomended combiner type doesn't work well for you try all of them.
I just used DirectX instead of OpenGL and it was amazingly fast!!! I think it may have also been due to the fact that I had been Limit FPS on :p. Anyways, I came across another problem,this :

problem2.jpg

Everything is screwed up and Link is again all white

Help please....

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Disable "normal blender" and "normal combiner" if you have them enabled and as I said, try all the combiner types.

OP
koolkarts

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
PsyMan said:
Disable "normal blender" and "normal combiner" if you have them enabled and as I said, try all the combiner types.
Normal Blender and Normal Combiner are both disabled and I've tried all the combiner types, but I still cant sort out the problem.... Help please...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You could try using newer or older drivers for your video card but I don't think that this will help either... Your video card is pretty old and probably misses some required feautures. :(

OP
koolkarts

koolkarts

Sexy Beast
PsyMan said:
You could try using newer or older drivers for your video card but I don't think that this will help either... Your video card is pretty old and probably misses some required feautures. :(
There was some consolation though, some hope - when I went pixel shader as the combiner type the game had beautiful textures and was runnin like a gem, despite the fact an error had come up saying that pixel shader wasn't supported by my video card and that Best_1 (or something like that) was gonna be used. I dont understand it though - all the textures loaded nicely (but not fast) when I used DirectX the first time, and now they all seem jumbled. Do you have any more ideas? Thanks for the previous help btw...