What's new

GUI for Selfboot

navinraj

how i am going to create chankast dreamcast game cd.. i do have the dreamcast marvel vs capcom 2 files but it won't work ..why.. i am confused..
i tried to convert it to iso and load with deamon tool it didn't work as well

this is the file format
mvsc2.001
mvsc2.002
mvsc2.003
mvsc2.004
mvsc2.005
mvsc2.006
mvsc2.007
mvsc2.008
mvsc2.009
ip.bin

Last edited:

cuda7171

Banned
navinraj said:
how i am going to create chankast dreamcast game cd.. i do have the dreamcast marvel vs capcom 2 files but it won't work ..why.. i am confused..
i tried to convert it to iso and load with deamon tool it didn't work as well

this is the file format
mvsc2.001
mvsc2.002
mvsc2.003
mvsc2.004
mvsc2.005
mvsc2.006
mvsc2.007
mvsc2.008
mvsc2.009
ip.bin

start a new thread

it is most likely a winrar archive
you might have to chabge the files to mvsc2.001.rar and unpack

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
K.T.E.: i will reply to you soon.
ryankind: I haven't release an update for this small change. I will release an update later with more changes
cuda7171: It seems that your game is in a winrar archive as navinraj says but you might still need more files to open it like: mvsc2.rar and mvsc2.000

Last edited:

Whirlinurd

Navinraj Yes, the 001 to 009 are rar files. Rename the 001 to .rar, 002 to r00, etc. untill 009 is .r07. The separate ip.bin could be an modified boot file that doesn't include an intro so that it works in chankast. If this is true you could try to selfboot the contents of the cd with exoboot with the separate ip.bin. But this is just a guess.

Whirlinurd

Sorry 'bout that incorrect answer earlier about those 001 files. These files are spanned rar files split into parts. I have found this. Drag the .001 file into winrar and extract to a location. The reason why the files do not have the normal .r00 extension is not completely clear. I think that they rar the files and then use some program like HJSPLIT or simular to split the rar file into smaller pieces.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
All wrong... Whirlinurd.'
That are 7zip files. Since 3.2 you can open them with winrar, too.
So be happy, now you can open your warez. And now PLEASE stop talking about it, back to exos great tool!

General Plot

Britchie Crazy
Arrrr, aye matey, pirates aren't welcome in this vast sea. To create games that you don't own of which the likes of ye have never seen is just not seaworthy.
Seriously, panhandle your tired old warez somewhere else. This tool is awesome and shouldn't be dragged down by posts that insinuate "I got free games". Not to mention it is off the topic.

Treybonew

This is a question that I posted on another forum, but since this is where the prog came from, I thought that someone here may be able to help me with this. I am copy/pasting everything that I typed there for reference. The original topic was putting custom music into Marvel vs Capcom2 and then making the images selfboot:

sfmaniac said:
hi, when i put my image.bin file into bin 2 boot gui, i get this message from windows saying something about the program is not suitable to run in 16-bit does or something like that. Has anyone gotten a message like this? Im using windows XP. Is there a way to get around it? HELLPP, it went so smooth until now and im almost done with it! Thanks

I have the same problem. I am using XP Pro SP2 and this is the error message verbatim:

_____ ______
|Close| |Ignore|

Sorry about the crappy buttons, but you get the idea.

X-Death said:
You could try getting a bin2boot without the gui, and run it from the command prompt, you just put

bin2boot image.bin
(assuming they're in the same folder)

I don't think that any version of bin2boot will work. Bin2boot is meant to run with a 16bit version of dos, and it looks like it just isn't compatibe with XP (I hope this isn't true :mad: ). I have been using b2b ever since it came out, but I had stopped just before I got my new pc, and now I can't use it. I have tried every version that I have and nothing. Exoboot might work, I am going to try it out now.

UPDATE

I just got through using Exoboot and I get the same error message that I get with bin2boot; plus, just above the line "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT.", there is another line of text that says: "C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CMD.EXE". The only difference is that when I click ignore the program tries to continue to finish making the image file. When the program finishes, there is no image and it doesn't tell me if it was successful or not. I did a search on my pc for the image file and it isn't there, so I am left to believe that it didn't make the image. I don't know what I need, but there is something that I am missing. I even tried to change the compatability settings for exoboot to win2k, but to no evail. If anyone can help with this I would greatly appreciate it, because to make it this far just to be stuck here just plain sucks.

Oh yeah, this is my OS:
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 2002 Service Pack 2

PC:
AMD Athlon XP2800+
1gig ram

jeffkong

hmm... More people need to know about this great program

I've contacted some sites about this, I encourage others to do the same and spread the word.

bleeder

bleeder said:
exo, nice work on this program, I'm using it for all my games and its really easy and actualy works.

I have a problem with the game Trickstyle, though.
It works fine after making the image, but I get no in game music.

See, the music are on tracks 2-14, while track 1 is the game files which only makes out 80mb (what the image comes out to) from ~400mb cd.

Btw, the cd I am using isn't selfbootable.

Is there a way to make an image keeping all the extra tracks? Another note, that if you use a cd player, you can play the music on those tracks.

Here's a picture of the original cd
attachment.php

yes this is a problem that i have.i am using mkisofs to create the images and mkisofs creates only data cd images without audio tracks. Im trying to find a way to create images with audio tracks (of course only with one click ) in the next version i will add an option to save your settings (so you will not have to enter them every time you're using ExoBoot) for now the only thing that i can tell you is: use a cd-rw disk to burn the image and then create an image Has anyone test it with games that have other bin file than 1st_read.bin? Stay tuned

Has this come up in the 20 pages? I haven't checked, but I might try the CD-RW idea, since I'm trying to do this now.

jerbear

I'm still unclear on all this :huh: . I've read some of the tutorials and guides here but none are helpful (for me). Right now I have exoboot and I think it's my best bet. Also, I can't seem to install Daemon Tools 3.29. It restarts my computer at the end of the installation. And then when I boot back up, my computer finds new hardware (some BIOS thing :huh: ), and Daemon Tools gives me an SCSI error. I'm running Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I have only 1 cd drive, it's a dvd drive/cd burner. It's not a dvd burner.

I also have a Sonic Adventure 2 cdi file (i didn't rip it, just torrented it. I have the original game legally so don't worry :p) .

I'm not sure but I think that I need to have a bootable cdi file, and I don't know if the game I have is bootable. How do I make it bootable?

Once it's bootable (if that's required), do I have to turn it into a VCD file so I can mount it on my virtual drive? If so, how do I make it a VCD?

So if I'm right about all that, then do I mount the VCD version of SA2 onto my virtual drive, and choose that drive in Chankast?

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I'm also confused about the Reader and Writer buses. I don't know which to put where.

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
scythe000 said:
Any new updates?
Yeah, exo had lost the source, because his hdd died a long time ago and now he wanted to rewrite the tool, but not before january, because he's really busy atm...
All news atm.. sorry!

Exoskeletor, my hero

Yesss, Exoskeletor, I FINALLY got to play Resident Evil Code: Veronica on my PC thanx to your outstanding tool! I want to be just like you when I grow up, Exo!!! :borg:

Resolver1

I get this " please chose you cd-rom drive" but im trying to make CDI to bootable iso. What the hell is cd rom has to do with it, plus there is no option to select it.
blkeh0fw.jpg