What's new

GUI for Selfboot

roxoxx

Great Tool! but i have a little question...
When will be possible to create an image usable with Daemon's tools V3.47 (V 3.29 do not let use .nrg images )?
Anyway... THX exoskeletor...

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
Boy am I getting fed up with this not working wasted like 3 hours. I was able to make my two last remaning non boot games fine. Then I wanted to remove the dummy files from my other games but did not work.I used mode 1 always. I went thru the same process as before and when I click next for it to start with the game in the tray it asked me to put a CD-R WTF? Over and over same crap. How can it ask me for it first when it did not even rip the data off the backup first? The only way it would work is if I put make selfbootable then it work fine but the game was selfboot already. Then to make matters worse it did not remove the dummy files from the disc and yes I had all things checked correctly. Can anyone comfirm this but is it possible the sound is just a tad more scratchy with the disc this program made? I guess I'll have to stick with my 700meg images. I hope you can do something about this. Yes I run xp home edition and with service pack 2 but I doubt that has anything to do with it.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Hey Exo, reworked a lot of my games and here are some thing I discovered:
Powerstone 2 (mountet name: PS2_KAL) doesn'tz worked after reworking with your tool on chankast (with and without dummy removing), could be that the original image is a nero one but I want to have all my Images as a CDI, so I let change your prog my NRG to a CDI.
But Powerstone 1 (CHOPPY) has another very weird problem: it do not pass the select dummy files and/or make game selfbootable screen, because your prog crashes.
Then you can't make a image, when you select image is already selfbootable, because after 3 up to 20 seconds it's done (PIC) and no image is written. And hey, why is there no info text in the CD to CD or Image Dialogue only a Close notes command?
Why is it alowed to put only 16 letters in the game name box? Mine copy of MvsC2 (MARVEL_VS_CAPCOM2) has 17 letters as game name, why we can't use this?
Next thing: after exracting (for manually remove of dummy files) and selecting a files, your prog crashes, too. DOn't know why.
Another prob is your installer: it search for deamon tools, but deamon tools are removed in these (repack) install package for 1.31, so the activate after extraction thing should be removed, too!
The last thing is for the feature request by adding a bmp, for unique autoboot games, like some selfboot maker had done this. I've done a pic and here's a link for a tool, which does that effect: http://consolevision.com/members/fackue/tools/comdlg32.zip (should work, got it from the readme, mine version was from DCemulation.
Good luck with your new version and fixing the bugs.

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
MasterPhW_DX: can you tell me the error message when my program crash?
I can't understand why there are no info in the notes dialog..you mean that the text box is empty?
- Problem with the dummy files fixed. You can now remove them.
- Also i have fix the images.they look better now with any theme of xp you use
Download again ExoBoot from the 1st post in the top of this page.

Davv13: Are you trying to remove the dummy files from a selfbootable game or from a non selfbootable?

If anyone was getting an error message about a COMDLG32.OCX file, download it and put it on the ExoBoot folder. (In the most cases and for the new users that hasn't already download ExoBoot they will not need this file.)

Last edited:

bombjack

First of all, thanks for the GUI. Really useful, i did 6 of 8 games bootable (which were claimed as selfboot but not in Chankast). I have ECCO and Virtua Tennis 2k2 which doesn't boot. ECCO can't be booted, an error appears in the DOS window when it tries to hack 1ST_READ.BIN because it doesn't have one. VT2k2 goes ok until you load it in Chankast, Echelon intro appears, pressing Start 2 times then a purple screen with an Echelon logo, then... freeze.
Anyone got rid of it?

Did i said Thanks ExoSkeletor? :party:

bj

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
My pleasure bj.
The ECCO must be a game designed in WinCE and ExoBoot doesn't support then.
The problem you have with the VT2k2 it is because maybe Chankast doesn't support this game or doesn't support this game with the echelon intro.So it's not from ExoBoot

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
Hey exo did you ever hear any problems like I had with the program? I got a new drive. I'm only using one drive by the way so the both places that ask the drive # I just put 1,0,0 in both places? Have you heard anybody ever mention something about sound being more scratchy with the new selfboots? or is it just in my head?

bouncerboy15

Nice job on the program Ex0. I'm having a problem trying to boot Jet Grind Radio on my DC. It shows the Sega logo and all then it goes black. Does it have to do anything with the Echelon Intro?

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
i have check Chanka Compatability List and as i can see it should works ok.so it must be a problem with echelon intro.has anyone this game without this intro?

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
oh sorry about that Davv13.yes you have to enter the same Bus id. Well i havent test it enough with audio tracks so i don't know a lot about the quality.But it should be the same cause ExoBoot extract's the tracks in "*.wav" format and then burn them again

bombjack

Thanks for your reply Ex0.
All in all your tool is near perfection :happy: besides the ****ed group releases and WinCE games. Do we expect more improvements on those?

bj

OP
Ex0skelet0r

Ex0skelet0r

Unreal Assasin
you must expect for now better error handling oi image creation and on the other operation's.Automaticly creation for WinCE games don't think that it's possible because they haven't a standart selfboot file.
On the echelon intros im trying to find a way to remove them

bouncerboy15

Ex0skelet0r said:
you must expect for now better error handling oi image creation and on the other operation's.Automaticly creation for WinCE games don't think that it's possible because they haven't a standart selfboot file.
On the echelon intros im trying to find a way to remove them
If you can figure it out, I will bow down to you. :party: