What's new

glNintendo64() v0.3

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
I just posted glN64() v0.3 on my site. All the info's on the site so I won't repeat it here.

Let me know what you think of the new version. I'm especially interested in the results people with non-GeForce cards get. I'm kinda coding blind because all I have is a GeForce... :geek:

Orkin

MECCA

Orkin said:
I just posted glN64() v0.3 on my site. All the info's on the site so I won't repeat it here.

Let me know what you think of the new version. I'm especially interested in the results people with non-GeForce cards get. I'm kinda coding blind because all I have is a GeForce... :geek:

Orkin

Great news! I'll test it on my radeon right now

Clements

STUNNING PLUGIN. For the games that it runs, the games have no significant errors, and for these roms this plugin betters Jabo's.

But Roms that do not work:
Perfect Dark (Black screen)
GoldenEye 007 (Black Screen)
Diddy Kong Racing (Crashes emulator)
Jet Force Gemini (Crashes emulator)
Yoshi's Story (Crashes emulator)
Conker's Bad Fur Day (Missing polygons all over the shop)
Bomberman 64 (Crashes after first screen)
Mystical Ninja (Crashes before title screen)
Wave Race (Messed)

Minor Probs (But playable)
F-Zero X (Menus)
Turok (Missing text in menu, wall textures wrong)

But we all know that the compatability is low. The great thing about this plugin is that it plays a number of games excellently,
mainly due to the 2XSAI filtering.

Games that look better than Jabos:
Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time
Mario Kart 64
Mortal Kombat 4
Pilotwings
Star Fox 64
Super Mario 64
Super Smash Bros. (Slow in one player though for some strange reason)

Get this in now.

Last edited:

gokuss4

Meh...
jesus christ it looks so great. I see minor errors with the Z-Buffer though like some objects are flickering. Overall this plugin is great. that 2xSAI feature gives it a more realistic look, like you're playing from the real N64. a good example is the Zelda OOT Logo, i can BARELY see where the textures cut. on other plugins i can see them quite well, on glnintendo64() i can't, and that's great.

jack

Yes I will have agree with the other posters. This plugin is absolutely stunning. From the moment I first started MarioKart I immediately saw great results. The textures are perfectly aligned and the graphics was nearly identical to a real N64 than any other plugins I've tried. After MarioKart I then test Zelda and to my astonishment was even more amazed. Everything in the game seem to be perfectly rendered. From the text to the menus everything looked sharp and crisp and dare I say superior to other plugins including Jabo.

I have only tested these two games but from what I can tell, this plugin is progressing at an incredible rate. I am truly in awe by it. I wish the author the best of luck in improving it. Thanks for your time.

OP
Orkin

Orkin

d1R3c764 & g1|\|64 m4|<3R
Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying the plugin! :D

Clements: I didn't like seeing that all those games were crashing, especially since I didn't remember them crashing before. So after a little debugging I came up with this, which should be a little more stable, and possibly even a little faster.

Orkin

gokuss4

Meh...
thanks orkin, hey fix that flickering objects part in your plugin if you can. i think its the Z-Buffer.

Mihalas

Banned
Lastly Orkin you made it!!! I was awaiting anxiously for this release.
When i come back home i 'll send you my reply.

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Only prob I can see so far with smash bros (might be my video card....)

my specs are

Geforce 2 gts 32mb
nvidia driver 41.90
Direct x 8.1
Windows Xp pro
P 3 938~
Pc 133 256 mb ram

Overall very good job man! :happy: edit: about the slow down... it seems to happen when an effect takes place for the first time (don't know if that makes sense) like the first time an explosion occurs in a match it'll slow down but if it happens again it doesn't take such big dive in frame rate.

Last edited:

ShadowPrince

This is my bug report.
All previously reported by Clements games that crashed now work for some content ! :)
Jet Force seems to hang right after logo.
Banjo Kazooie - crash (see P.S)
Star Wars Ep1 racer - crash
Star Craft 64 - crash (see P.S)
Spiderman and Tony Hawk games - problems with textures (color combiner)
Mario Party - flickering on start
Body Harvest - screen shaky :)
Ridge Racer some minor car texture problems

2*Sai texture scaling is amazing,the only minor bug,it's it some gfx artifacts at the edges of tectures.

P.S. plugin is unstable,i experienced several crashes in random places during the intro in Majra Mask and in other games,this seems to happen when gfx window loses focus on Pj64.

O

OminaeYu

I have version 0.3.1 of the plugin and any game I try crashes the emulator. :doh:

Anyone else have this problem?

MooCowSheep

I have a Radeon 7500, and when testing this plugin, I got some results that didn't look at all like the screenshots. I used the OGL 1.4 combiner, and 2xSAI.

Start screen...

Laahel

wow, seems i have a problem.....

for me, pj64 just crashes with the plugin.... all work fine with 1964.....

Athlon XP 1600+
Windows 2k
Geforce 4 Ti4200 128 Mo Ram
768 Mo SDRAM ...

is anybody with the same problem ???