What's new

Glide64 > 0.2 screenshots

Dave2001

Alright, I'm going to post some Glide64 screenshots that are from the current development, but not in 0.2.

Thanks much to Icepir8's help, there is now framebuffer!

It currently runs somewhat slow unless in 1/4 resolution, but i'm trying to speed it up.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Anyway, disabling the framebuffer for now to work on other things. It seems to go INCREDIBLY slow in glide, and it still doesn't work very well. VERY buggy...

Here's more screenshots of things that weren't working before:

Extreme-G 2

crhylove

Banned
i just wanted to maturely point out:

that the first screenie was taken at 4:20. w00+!!!

lol

looks good dave! is the speed a limitation of glide? or am i totally on glue?

rhy

/me goes to play america's army

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

There's not too much speed limitation on Glide, my CPU is just so slow that it can't keep up with it sometimes ;)

Btw, here is a screenshot of Shadows of the Empire that I started & finished work on today. It still has flashing problems, but I'm not sure what to do about them yet. It runs pretty well for the most part.

crhylove

Banned
awesome!

that looks sweet! it seems like nobody can get dr. mario/pokemon puzzle league to work, is this due to the large textures that cooldaedelus aka rice is working on, or something else? btw rice, have you tried those yet in your modified plug? /me looks for that other thread.

just curious.

that screenie is sweet dave. i've never seen that game run in emu b4.

rhy

sk8bloke22

roll for life
it runs with jabo's, daedalus (i tihnk) and a few more....ingame very well, but the menus hav a flashing problem.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Diddy Kong Racing! I think this one will be working completely soon :colgate:

(note, combiners in this image are disabled so there is no lighting or color on the trees, and the tops of the trees are missing, because they use billboarding which i have not implemented yet)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
FireBone said:
looks nice :) i have one question, are your glide plugin quicker than the other plugins or not?
Yes, it is. But with the eVoodoo wrapper, it might be slower.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

More recent screenshot, lighting fixed. Now the only problem seems to be that you can't see the billboarded 2d objects.

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

There, the billboards have been fixed.

All of the major issues for this game (that i know of) have been solved :)

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Well, for the next version, I'd say he plans on upping compatibility, upping speed, adding unemulated features, and boldly going where no N64 GFX plugin has gone before! Such as 2xSaIed textures, hint, hint.