What's new

General bitching (split from All Chankast tools!!! thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScorpionZero

No, nightmare, that's not correct. :happy:

All I am sayin Martin, as we alll know.. Arcadeathome is one of the biggest emulation sites and one of the oldest. I get over 6,000 results searching it in google. I know for a fact, you guy's will allow this site to be posted because of it even being the first site to ever build a mame cabinet. This is the same site that has a forum where people can even REQUEST for roms and people post just about everything freely in the forum. And on GeoShock, people post rom links even more than the chankast utilities site that hosts them like it's candy. Every emulation site I know links to Arcadeathome.

I am currently studying law, after viewing the site again (the site that hosts chankast utilities), they do not even host roms, bios's, etc. Others have not even been allowed to post warez links on the forum. They just allow rom links being posted on the forum which as we know Arcadeathome does the same thing, geoshock, if you want I'll find more sites that are linkable that even do the same.

I see what you are doing and I don't know why your doing it. It seems you have a grudge on this site, maybe for some reason we'll never know. What I know is, it's wrong and it's making you look bad and making me feel bad. Just my 2cents.

Martin

Administrator
No, you're wrong. No site with ROM links is allowed to be linked to. You dug up a terribly old forum post at a time our rules perhaps weren't as clear, or we simply forgot to edit out the links of.

<b>We don't allow linkage to any illegal material.</b>

I bet you could find more posts with links to sites with illegal material if you tried, but we're not perfect and not all posts are locked and archived outside of public view because this is our hobby and not our job, we do this in our spare time.

You're not making us look bad, even though you're appearantly trying your hardest to find errors in our rules system. What is it we do is wrong? Stick to the law? Since you're studying law that should make you feel good and not bad. ;) (I don't know what you're studying has to do with anything heh)

Why would we hold a grudge against any site? The only reason we don't allow linkage to the site is due to the illegal material.

Don't go dig up old posts again please, as mentioned above, a forum with over 200,000 posts is difficult to keep 100% clean.

We appreciate your opinion and input. However, let's get back to topic, if you have more questions on our rules system, consult me through a PM.

yop

Mad Programmer
there is links in these forum to sites, which if you search a bit in them, you can find bios, etc...

ps: the thread was originaly created in order to make a good list of all usefull tools to chankast, but nobody post a name of a tool i don't know. Do I know them all ?

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

yop said:
there is links in these forum to sites, which if you search a bit in them, you can find bios, etc...

ps: the thread was originaly created in order to make a good list of all usefull tools to chankast, but nobody post a name of a tool i don't know. Do I know them all ?
Again with such a large site it's kind of impossible to keep everything in check. I would assume people searching for Emutalk for rom sites however would be much better advised to check a normal search engine out instead :)

mezkal

Man on a mission
My 2cents...Ante Up!

ScorpionZero said:
No, nightmare, that's not correct. :happy:

.....I am currently studying law.....

Really? How very interesting. Well I'm not studying law, I KNOW IT. Ever heard of "Common Law"? These are the tenets of Law. The very basis for all the wonderful ruling and precedents etc that have followed and will continue to evermore AMEN. So guess what bub? What you are you're doing by COMMON LAW Practices is "CO-ERSION". Look it up. You also might want to try HARASSMENT and being a PUBLIC NUISANCE. That's law bub LAW.

See I know your type. I see right through you. Right to your core.

The ONLY reason you're posting here is dismantle the centre of right. We like it this way. Emultalk is something other than OUR "Little Forums for Chankast" but then so what? So we should sway with the tide? And just because you tell us the BIGGEST and OLDEST (woohoo - I was doing emulation stuff WAY BEFORE Arcade@Home STOLE the Arcade Cab off the Alt.emulation (or whatever it was) newsgroups) Forums hosted at (are we worthy) Arcade@Home (sellouts) are doing the jig in shite we ALL SHOULD?

Look, I'm really happy you love to romp with the other little piggies in the shite. Really, it's great that this world offers so much variance in the way we can choose to experience what it has to offer. I've done it, for short times, on very few occasions, for all the wrong reasons and I STILL feel *dirty*. It's wrong. You know It's wrong. And Therefore you come here to spread some of it around. Just so, maybe, some of the mud you fling may (in poor Martin's case - external logs are a bitch eh buddy? :( ) stick tonight. Woohoo. I've seen this game before. You see kids who play with mud, especially those who throw it are almost always FASCINATED with it and its close cousin...yeah...think about it....anyway....so this fascination...coz its muddy and well....dirty....makes these little boys feel guilty. So you know what they ALMOST ALWAYS do? That's right bub....They THROW IT AROUND, hoping it will stick.

Have fun with your mud cousins....

I like being clean. I like being adult. Those of us here enjoy the benifits of adult company and conversation. Please take your childish notions and churlish nature to one of the "other" forums who will tolerate you and the stench of what you peddle.

Cheers,

Mezkal

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Great Idea to make such a post...
It should be a sticky one, I think.
BTW: That are all Tools i know,too.
SOrry I would post more if I would know one more... :p

Martin

Administrator
yop said:
added 1 selboot tool and 1 cd emulator tool!! :party:

ps: what are the conditions to be sticky ?
I've made this thread sticky, it's useful. Good job. :)

ScorpionZero

mezkal said:
Really? How very interesting. Well I'm not studying law, I KNOW IT. Ever heard of "Common Law"? These are the tenets of Law. The very basis for all the wonderful ruling and precedents etc that have followed and will continue to evermore AMEN. So guess what bub? What you are you're doing by COMMON LAW Practices is "CO-ERSION". Look it up. You also might want to try HARASSMENT and being a PUBLIC NUISANCE. That's law bub LAW.

The ONLY reason you're posting here is dismantle the centre of right. We like it this way. Emultalk is something other than OUR "Little Forums for Chankast" but then so what? So we should sway with the tide? And just because you tell us the BIGGEST and OLDEST (woohoo - I was doing emulation stuff WAY BEFORE Arcade@Home...(scroll up to read the essay)

Maybe you should swollow the pill in your avatar, you complete freak. You sound like a DISTURBED adult. :happy:

Even TrotterWatch said it was a good idea to post my feedback. I am just trying to help this forum because I think the practices that are going on here are not justified and I want to speak my opinion about it. If ArcadeatHome is so much like this site that we can't link to and it's practically on the list of sites on even EmuFanatics (which is an affiliate of this site) why can't we post that site here? I bet you if someone posted the full link to Arcadeathome in another thread, the moderators would ignore it even though they say they wouldn't in a reply to this post.

I'm wasting my time talking to you since your such an ignorant fool and all you want is to blow your gas off with what you think about Arcadeathome. I don't give a crap about what you think of that site or if you were born in the country of emulation. The point is, they have a lot of ground in the emulation scene and emulation sites should be treated equally. I love this site and I am trying to help Emutalk, I already spoke to Martin in several PM's. I probabaly am going to get a warn for replying to your obnoxious post, quite frankly I don't care anymore. Good Night.

PS: Now please, let's stay to the topic.

ScorpionZero

Well, to get on back topic. I tried Chankast FE and it's a really cool addon. I hope they update that with utilities. The maximize feature is a great way of playing fullscreen for now until chankast v0.3(or 2.0b?) is released. Very good stuff. :)

dreamer

you know it's often difficult for me to restrain from posting insults at you Mezkal, and once again i find myself reading a topic and completely disagreeing with your absurd criticism to other people’s questions. Anyway I won’t go on as this shouldn’t be a topic of flame, but one of tools. I just want to agree with Scorpion Zero in what he’s said, but I respect entirely emutalks decisions not to allow posts of any link to either a directly illegal iso/rom or any sites containing such information/links. I also understand martin when he said it to be difficult to monitor every single post on the emutalk forum, it’s no ones ‘job’ after all :p
time for some quoting fun:

you make Scorpion Zero, by expressing some simple suggestions into a criminal. now i dont know if he/she is, but i doubt it! seems rather you're talking about how you really feel about yourself, S.Z is obviously a thinker, perhaps you don't like that as you are to terrified to think about how wrong you truely are.

then comes this:

I've seen this game before. You see kids who play with mud, especially those who throw it are almost always FASCINATED with it and its close cousin...yeah...think about it....anyway....so this fascination...coz its muddy and well....dirty....makes these little boys feel guilty. So you know what they ALMOST ALWAYS do? That's right bub....They THROW IT AROUND, hoping it will stick.

why don't i (not to mention just about everyone else!) interpret it in the same way mezkal? why do i only see it as simple discussion on some valid points that will certainly be addressed at some point anyway, what is so terribly wrong in your head for you to suggest such things? do you have to be so vulgar with your talk about mud and reference to things more disgusting? its acting in a very imature way (i'm guessing your view of mature must be warped), you clearly have a brain and some good knowledge, but this doesn't make you any more of an adult.

and finally this one; cracked me up!

I like being clean. I like being adult.
to come up with the utter shite that has come out of you're mouth, you must not be as clean or adult as you try and make out. its great to wish to act in an adult way, but i see you contradicting yourself all the time (not adult), you criticise users unnecessarily and act aggressively to simple questions (not to mention disturbingly, either you're completely joking around or need some serious psychological therapy, my bets on the latter). i hardly see this extra negativity in helping anyone in this forum or being 'adult', merely imature, and not relavent to the topic in any way. remember when you had a go at me for calling dreamcast games 'roms' instead of games. that was completely irrelevant, and as such i didn't reply for a reason (i have no respect for pathetic fools who only feel good about themselves by attacking other people). i didn't actually think too closely whether them to be iso's, rom's or game's. to be honest my whole life doesn't revolve around being perfect, so i chose to say 'rom's' big deal! your so ****ing sad that you need to attack me for that? get a ****ing life you idiot! you knew what i meant, and i didn't give a **** about how to say it because im not so godam fussy. the point here being that you attacked me when i didn't do anything wrong, and i hate people who do that, they are the scum of this world (people like you :) )

so just shut it when it comes to irrelvant criticism and look at why you cristicise so much? can't work it out? too afraid of what you really are? i thought as much...

when you mention about the piggy rolling in the mud, you seem to be refering to yourself more than anything, (attacking other people in irrational ways is a defensive mechanism, learnt that while studing human psychology so i know what i'm talking about so don't try and correct me please. its also a displacement of your own negative feelings or thoughts onto someone else, which you do in almost every post i've read, well done buddy!) :p
you seem like a prime example of someone whose done something really, really bad, and your unconcious thoughts of this are eating away at your current self, and you take out all your shit on everyone else! thats ****ing great!!! i'm sure the whole world needs more fools to help make it a less friendly, more painful place...awesome (or perhaps not, even)! well done mezkal, super effort, but sadly you've failed at being a civilised human being in my dictionary.

phew, *wipes sweat from forehead* perhaps i'll get a ban for flaming a user, perhaps but still i got that off my chest and feel better for doing what i see as right, i don't often argue without good reason to but some people just have it comming, especially when they attack and contradict themselves, blindly trying to hide under a false pretence that they are acting in a superior/right or adult way when in fact its all bullshite and if they dared look a little deeper within themselves they would see just how wrong they are.

dreamer

Naz99

???

ive had the internet for going on nearly 10 yrs now and ive been into emulation for nearly as long all the way from the spectrum etc etc ...I admit i see mezkals point in a way but i gotta admit ya going way over board now ...Ya see im one of those that dont really speak on the boards but im also the one that waits patiently for new releases etc etc and appreciate the work that these people do but in all honestly for anyone to turn around ...(AND I MEAN ANYONE!)and say that they dont or havent used illegal software is just bullshitting .Ive done it with chanka, 1964, girigiri etc just to see what its like ....Do i spend all my time using it ...NO i dont so i consider it ok ..maybe not by law but from my own point of view it is ok as these are the type of software i would have never bought anyway...I am by no means condoning it but thats just the way shit is and i dont care what anyone says but this is EMULATION and there is no way that anyone not even one person on these forums (including the emu writers..even though im not accusing directly)is innocent of breaking copyright law its not done to make money its not done to get a gamne for free..its done for the facination that someone has actually achived something that people like me thought impossible ..but with that comes the lamers and the whiners ..ya can try to put them right or try to steer them in the right direction but in the end its playing a losing game ya just have to tolerate it.I see posts by ppl trying to put them down becoming more frequent and all that does is result in useful, topics becoming locked etc etc all we need to do is keep correcting briefly and constantly and then maybe they will realise ...

P.S on to a lighter note thx to the authors of this excellent emu i have finally experienced the dreamcast all these years after its prime ..basically im a pc fanatic and i left conolses back when the snes was out and i consider the DC one of the last greatest conoles left until we was ruined by the usual crap that plauges the ps2 GC xbox etc what ever happened to origionallity eh? thank god we still have that on the pc in some form :p

thx for listening and pls dont flame me too much ;)

Last edited:

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
ScorpionZero said:
I know for a fact, you guy's will allow this site to be posted because of it even being the first site to ever build a mame cabinet.
Why would we want to link to A@H in the first place? It hosts nothing that is even remotely relevant to N64/DC/GC/GBA emulation (except from the allmighty Chankast tools, yay).
ScorpionZero said:
I am currently studying law
And now we all know why people hate lawyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.