What's new

General bitching (split from All Chankast tools!!! thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeiferAlmasy

Fastboot is pack of three programs + Binhack

The Fastboot tutorial (in portuguese) is disponible

Mkisofs - Unknown
bin2boot - By Xeal

binhack - By Echelon
cdirip - By DeXt (this rebuild CDI iso to BIN+CUE ISO - not used)

Dreamlover

I found the officel side of Chankast Utilities and i don´t find roms or links to romssides. I think you can post the officiell webside, because the Chankast Utilities are usefull The officiell webside is very smal and don´t have a side with links zo other sides

Dreamlover

Are you sure, that this is on the realy officiell webside ? (Blue Style, little news at the left side and the following sections:
Main, ScreenShots, Downloads, Forum, Contacts, About us

You see, there is no linksection. At the downloadarena i only find th the download from the Chankast Utilities.

yop

Mad Programmer
I'm not the one who wrote these :

Removed.... stop posting that link, sadly the main site contains rom links and requests

It's probably a moderator who modified my post, so I can't post the link

ps: I wrote "unable to post link" wich is more beautiful than the previous phrase

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

It was me who removed it, if you search the board for Chankast Utilities, then you'll find an alternate download link. I'll edit it into the post later.

The rules for this board state 'No Rom/Iso/Bios links' and with all due respect, that site has them in abundance.

/Edit

Modified the first post with an alternate download link :)

/Edit 2

I added what I wrote earlier, simply to let you know why the link was removed. I of course wanted you to edit it to something else later on.

Last edited:

yop

Mad Programmer
  • with a direct link to the file, the link will have to be updated each time the utilities will be updated.
  • with a link to the webpage as I have done with the others tools, the link will never have to be updated.

:whistling

Trotterwatch

Yop, WTF should I have done then? Rom/Iso sites are forbidden, the official site is sadly plagued with them (the link to the forums).

I await your non sarcastic reply.

Chris_W

yop said:
  • with a direct link to the file, the link will have to be updated each time the utilities will be updated.
  • with a link to the webpage as I have done with the others tools, the link will never have to be updated.

:whistling

rules are rules yop, no amount of silly whistling is goona fix that ;)

the util fourm/Hosts are a scummy pirates paradise :)

ScorpionZero

I was just thinking about why too. I don't see it in the rules..

It seems to be have updated on June 21st as well.

DO NOT!

1. Ask where to download ROMs, ISOs or BIOSes
2. Provide links to ROMs, ISOs or BIOSes.
3. Ask how to rip ISOs.
4. Request the source code of an emulator.
5. Insult people, advertise or spam.
6. Write in CAPITAL LETTERS.
7. Double post.
8. Ask to be a moderator.
9. Ask to be a betatester.
10. Ask when a new version of an emulator will be released.
11. Ask for status updates of an emulator.

So where is it?

I have also seen Emulatronia link to rom sites quite a few times that has some plugin, emulator thing for emulation. I guess we can link to them though, eh? I checked the site out of curiousity not to long ago. Their rules are just a bit weaker than here. I don't think they are scummy pirates paradise at all. I never saw a warez link posted on there, so I wonder where you get your information. I saw a quite a few tutorials in their dreamcast forum and I've already used a couple. I would bet 80% of you who insult the website that hosts them uses the utilities themselves. After all, you replied to this thread with "All Chankast tools" as the thread name!! :happy: :happy:

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Do not provide links to Roms/Isos/Bios files... and that site has all of those - the ban on that site isn't meant to be disparaging towards them. They more than likely do a fine job.. however we wish to steer clear of that.

Now stop being inflammatory eh :p

Oh and I don't use Chankast utilities, and the reason I looked at this thread is due to the fact I mod the forum. I kinda have to check into most threads y'know.

Last edited:

ScorpionZero

Trotterwatch said:
Do not provide links to Roms/Isos/Bios files... and that site has all of those - the ban on that site isn't meant to be disparaging towards them. They more than likely do a fine job.. however we wish to steer clear of that.

Now stop being inflammatory eh.

Oh and I don't use Chankast utilities, and the reason I looked at this thread is due to the fact I mod the forum. I kinda have to check into most threads y'know.

I was talking to Chris_W about the last part. You guys should make it a bit more clear then in the rules. To me that sounds like you can't link to roms, isos, bios, etc. It doesn't tell me that I can't link to a site that has linked to roms within it's forum or somewhere inside the site. The entire site is a forum infact as far as I saw. I'm not trying to be inflammatory, just a lot of things sound fishy to me. Like I said, Emulatronia has linked to sites that have rom links within them somewhere on the site quite a few times. We can link to them fine. I think I saw a link to Arcadeathome on that site too. Their forum is about the same as them. I saw that site for the first time from Arcadeathome. I bet people can link to there fine. I'm sorry, I think too much, but when something doesn't seem right, I usually try to put the puzzle together. :blush:

Trotterwatch

As you can no doubt appreciate it's a tough balance to get right. User feedback is always welcomed, and inbalances sought to be balanced when appropriate. Perhaps something to think about in this thread too.

As for the rules suggestion, it's a good one - I shall seek to have them changed/clarified later on after I've had a kip.

Martin

Administrator
I think the rules are clear enough, but sure, I'll edit them.

Emulatronia has, believe it or not, nothing to do with our rules here at EmuTalk.

EDIT: OK, rules updated.

ScorpionZero

Thank you Martin. What about Arcadeathome, you guys kind of ignored me on that one. I guess we shouldn't link to them either? I hang out on GeoShock forums which post rom links all the time on their site. They are hosted on the same server as Arcadeathome, check it if you don't believe me.

Why is it that I know that we can link to Arcadeathome no matter what (the first site to ever build a mame cabinet)? :happy:

PS: Just did a search.. http://emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=13882&highlight=arcadeathome.com

So I guess, I'm still the only one thinking like this. :happy:

Martin

Administrator
I'm not sure what you're trying to get to, but now that the rules are more clear they should speak for themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.